So....

Mbellamy09

Basically the only way to properly master the DMR, the Magnum and the Battle Rifle is to play SWAT.

The Designated Marksman Rifle-Good for Medium to long range encounters due to it's accuracy but a decent rate of fire.

The Battle Rifle-Good for close tomedium range combat. High rate of fire and is still accurate at long distances...

The Magnum-Good for short to medium. The range depends of how good you are with it. High rate of fire and a decently sized magazine.

Can someone give me a reason to use the BR? Cause I got the dmr master and sorta want to try something new for the mastery but BR just seems awful.

if you plan on moving over to the MLG playlist when it comes out is your biggest reason, they are dropping DMR from the starting weapons currently and replacing it with BR.

Alrighty then. Maybe more swat for me then. I kept reading BR is better close-mid but I win 90% of those with my dmr.

I also have no idea what most people talk about when they say it's better, I don't find myself loosing more often at any specific range with the DMR. The bullet magnetism is still there, but I guess to0 many people are on 1-3 sensitivity, granted I am only on 4 but any slower mid/close I can see a problem.

I'm on 7 I think. Always win at close since I can keep it on their head. Me and a buddy are trying to get two more people. He was sponsored and stuff in halo 2 and 3 then college got in the way so it might have to be BR. Do you happen to have a link where it says they're dropping dmr from mlg?

Just play what you are comfortable with. Do not feel obligated to use a certain weapon. You need to worry about how you play the game then how others want you to.

But I prefer tge DMR in all gametypes. The BR feels too lightweighted for me.

I'm on 7 I think. Always win at close since I can keep it on their head. Me and a buddy are trying to get two more people. He was sponsored and stuff in halo 2 and 3 then college got in the way so it might have to be BR. Do you happen to have a link where it says they're dropping dmr from mlg?

http://www.halocounc...ettings-are-out

I've played a few customs so far with this settings and I must say I enjoy the BR. It's possible at range, but it does require team shootings are not every bullet hits its target outside mid range.

BR > DMR at all but long range. I honestly didn't think so at first; the BR seemed to not be doing anything. It "felt like" I was missing shots.

I practiced with it for a few days and now I feel as if I'm better with the BR than the DMR. It does have its advantages over the DMR. Faster "accurate" rate of fire. Easier kill shot due to 3 bullet burst.

If you're under the impression that it's awful I highly suggest you give it a serious go. A few dedicated hours to it will do it justice. One thing to keep in mind, at least in my opinion, is that you must be more graceful with the weapon. Pretend that it is a knife and you're delicately buttering the enemy that is toast. Be accurate. Use the same timing betwixt every shot fired.

And last but not least: please don't use it at long range. Pick a DMR up off of a dead body for that.

BR > DMR at all but long range. I honestly didn't think so at first; the BR seemed to not be doing anything. It "felt like" I was missing shots.

I practiced with it for a few days and now I feel as if I'm better with the BR than the DMR. It does have its advantages over the DMR. Faster "accurate" rate of fire. Easier kill shot due to 3 bullet burst.

If you're under the impression that it's awful I highly suggest you give it a serious go. A few dedicated hours to it will do it justice. One thing to keep in mind, at least in my opinion, is that you must be more graceful with the weapon. Pretend that it is a knife and you're delicately buttering the enemy that is toast. Be accurate. Use the same timing betwixt every shot fired.

And last but not least: please don't use it at long range. Pick a DMR up off of a dead body for that.

Not that I am claiming BS but getting my BR masters took about 5 days of gaming non stop with the BR and my K/D defiantly took a hit. The day I changed back to the DMR,I noticed I was winning a lot more battles are all ranges. The BR close range to me doesn't appear any better than the DMR, just land your shots.

Not that I am claiming BS but getting my BR masters took about 5 days of gaming non stop with the BR and my K/D defiantly took a hit. The day I changed back to the DMR,I noticed I was winning a lot more battles are all ranges. The BR close range to me doesn't appear any better than the DMR, just land your shots.

I believe it's entirely preference and playstyle based. Though it is obvious that the DMR is inherently better at long range, I believe the BR is a better choice for close and mid ranges because of the burst. Also the fact that the BR doesn't bloom like the DMR does allows for many players to last-hit easier (assuming that they have a difficult time adjusting to the bloom on the DMR).

Factually speaking, the DMR is better than the BR. But the BR isn't a bad gun. If someone would like to try it just to have something to do, I'd say go for it. It's a good weapon. The DMR is just slighty better.

That is an opinion. :P

No it's actually a fact.

DMR has faster kill times, better accuracy, higher rate of fire, and a better clip.

Player skill is a huge factor, but if two players of equal skill fight each other at BR range when one of them has a BR and the other has the DMR the DMR user will win most of those fights.

If you could design a computer program that ran sample combats between the two over several thousand combats the DMR would emerge the victor.

It's not an opinion.

Faster kill time means: If you both land all your shots perfectly the BR is dead before he can land his 5th.

Faster rate of fire means: If you make a mistake you can correct it sooner

More accurate means: The gun is better at shooting where you point it. Bit of a no-brainer here. If the goal of the game is to kill things by pointing at them and pushing a button, more accuracy is better.

Better clip means: DMR has 2.8 kills in its clip BR has 2.4. BR reloads sooner and more often. So even if you both have godly strafes the DMR guy is going to get more chances to kill you before he has to reload. If you both have impossibly perfect strafes the BR will actually completely run out of ammo before the DMR does. Of course when you're that hard to shoot it might be better to bring rockets or something.

You may say: "But Bloody, won't the DMR run out of ammo at about the same time since it fires faster?" I don't know exactly how its RoF lines up with its clip size, but the fact remains he gets to fire 14 times before he's out of ammo and the BR gets to fire 12. If you knock off shields with the first 4 shots from each weapon, that means the DMR gets 10 chances to kill you and the BR only gets 8.

So why use the BR? Because on smaller maps it probably is better for SWAT and hopefully they'll do something with the January update that brings the marksman rifles more in line with each other. Until then maybe you want the commendation or you want to challenge yourself. It doesn't really matter, what matters is that people understand the BR is not as good as the DMR right now, so that whatever reason they choose to use the BR they're at least aware of what they're doing. You are free to play the game however you choose, just make them informed decisions so you don't get disappointed later. If you're really good it probably wont' matter as much which you use.