New weapons, armor abilities, and vehicles in halo 5

scullshark

That's a very good Idea, I do miss the drop shield, it's way better than the Hardlight Shield.

i would agree. i mainly use the hard light shield but i'd rather prefer the drop shield or bubble shield. i got SO good with those in the campaign and multiplayer. i could always get kills when i used it because I'm a good sniper and i can barely stick the tip of my gun out and shoot the enemy a few times before i get shot at. and if they come in i am ready for them and out smart them all of the time. any ways thank you for the comment

• 3 weeks later...

in my opinion the sticky detonator is a very akward weapon. it performance is not linear to a single handed weapon. I think we need a grenade launcher in halo 5 that holds say 3 rounds each with the same power and physics as the sticky det and fires semi auto. that would be a badass power weapon

I agree, I never really liked the sticky detonator.

I agree, I never really liked the sticky detonator.

I didn't mean to comment on that twice.

in my opinion the sticky detonator is a very akward weapon. it performance is not linear to a single handed weapon. I think we need a grenade launcher in halo 5 that holds say 3 rounds each with the same power and physics as the sticky det and fires semi auto. that would be a badass power weapon

Like The Grenade Luancher is Halo: Reach?

Possibly too badass. If it's too OP, then it'll be to a Rocket Launcher what a Rocket Launcher is to a Boltshot

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion, the Falcon is too bulky and difficult to maneuver to be an effective matchmaking vehicle, I absolutely loved the hornet from Halo 3 and would really like to see at least that one brought back. It is smaller and easier to handle, therefore making it comparable in abilities to the banshee.

I agree with almost all of this. I think that we should have the flare gun and the trip mine and alot of the other ideas above.

Well what if we had the hornet AND the falcon? the hornet for assault and the falcon for transport.

I agree that the sticky detonator is a flawed weapon. What it is is basically a combination of the grenade launcher and the plasma launcher from Halo Reach. I really liked the grenade launcher and I feel they should bring it back as a power weapon for Halo 5. If 343 and Halo fans want a weapon that can strategically place grenades on walls, then 343 should bring back the spike grenades from Halo 3. Spike grenades could be purchased as a loadout weapon and would allow for players to have that strategic stick ability in a more involved and mobile way.

Possibly too badass. If it's too OP, then it'll be to a Rocket Launcher what a Rocket Launcher is to a Boltshot

i also thought of a new vehicle. it would be called the bulldog. it's some what like a mongoose. but it is a single person bike with two chain guns on the side. and a blade in front which is good for splattering and for cool decoration. i actually didn't think this one up i got the idea from a halo 2 mod. the only thing i added was the blade in front. oh and it would have three wheels just so it doesn't look weird when flipping in the air or tumbling down slopes or flipping over and what not.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070503022528/halo/images/1/19/Halo_bulldog1.JPG

i hope this link works because i was having trouble pasting this in and i don't know how to paste pics in threads

i also thought of a new vehicle. it would be called the bulldog. it's some what like a mongoose. but it is a single person bike with two chain guns on the side. and a blade in front which is good for splattering and for cool decoration. i actually didn't think this one up i got the idea from a halo 2 mod. the only thing i added was the blade in front. oh and it would have three wheels just so it doesn't look weird when flipping in the air or tumbling down slopes or flipping over and what not.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070503022528/halo/images/1/19/Halo_bulldog1.JPG

i hope this link works because i was having trouble pasting this in and i don't know how to paste pics in threads

It worked. I like it. I think a new flying UNSC vehicle would work, a one seater with chain guns and dry fire rockets.

In my opinion, the Falcon is too bulky and difficult to maneuver to be an effective matchmaking vehicle, I absolutely loved the hornet from Halo 3 and would really like to see at least that one brought back. It is smaller and easier to handle, therefore making it comparable in abilities to the banshee.

I feel like the Falcon could be more of a transport vehicle, for bigger, more open maps. The hornet could be more of an assault vehicle, used to fly behind enemy lines and drop off 1-3 people.

I like the idea, but I think it would be too similar to the mongoose if it had 3 wheels.

Human guns

Assault rifle, ma37 assault rifle, dmr, battle rifle, SMG, silenced SMG, magnum, odst silenced magnum, odst unsilenced magnum, rail gun, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, sticky detonator, spartan laser, frag grenade, sniper rifle, shotgun, SAW

Covenant guns

Brute shot, brute spiker, brute mauler, gravity hammer, energy sword, concussion rifle, focus rifle, needle rifle, needler, plasma pistol, plasma repeater red and purple, plasma rifle red and purple, spike grenade, plasma grenade, flame grenade, black hole grenade maybe?, beam rifle, beam particle rifle from halo 3, storm rifle, covenant carbine, fuel rod gun, honor guard spear

Forerunner weapons

Suppressor, bolt shot, light rifle, binary rifle, incineration cannon, sentinal laser, scatter shot, pulse grenade

Think about having all these guns in multiplayer with custom classes. obviously not all these are load outs but most are ordinance. Then you wouldn't hear people always crying about getting killed by the dmr or BR

• Like 3

I feel like the Falcon could be more of a transport vehicle, for bigger, more open maps. The hornet could be more of an assault vehicle, used to fly behind enemy lines and drop off 1-3 people.

I like the idea, but I think it would be too similar to the mongoose if it had 3 wheels.

you are right about that. the only reason like i said ti would have three wheels is only to prevent it from looking weird when flipping being destroyed or falling over. other wise it would be better without three wheels

Human guns

Assault rifle, ma37 assault rifle, dmr, battle rifle, SMG, silenced SMG, magnum, odst silenced magnum, odst unsilenced magnum, rail gun, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, sticky detonator, spartan laser, frag grenade, sniper rifle, shotgun, SAW

Covenant guns

Brute shot, brute spiker, brute mauler, gravity hammer, energy sword, concussion rifle, focus rifle, needle rifle, needler, plasma pistol, plasma repeater red and purple, plasma rifle red and purple, spike grenade, plasma grenade, flame grenade, black hole grenade maybe?, beam rifle, beam particle rifle from halo 3, storm rifle, covenant carbine, fuel rod gun, honor guard spear

Forerunner weapons

Suppressor, bolt shot, light rifle, binary rifle, incineration cannon, sentinal laser, scatter shot, pulse grenade

Think about having all these guns in multiplayer with custom classes. obviously not all these are load outs but most are ordinance. Then you wouldn't hear people always crying about getting killed by the dmr or BR

i agree. and i'd always wanted the honor guard spear. i'd love to use that thing!!!!!!! same with the red plasma repeater and rifle which i loved in halo 2

• Like 1

The disc space cannot handle that much. Nor do we have need for them.

Two ARs?

Two SMGs?

Two Plasma Rifles?

Etc

good point only one of each. well they had the normal plasma rifle and brute one in halo two. and in reach they had the repeater which was basically the plasma rifle but shot faster with more bolts. other wise i agree.

Human guns

Covenant guns

Forerunner weapons

Yes! ODST weapons FTW!

I like the energy sword a lot so I was thinking:

1. Energy bow- It starts like the energy sword, just a handle, then when you pick it up the limbs of the bow come out. When you pull the bow back an arrow appears, and the bow limbs will shrink. The arrows in my mind would be part of the bow so when an arrow appears the bow will lose some of itself. I was thinking that It could have 8 charges/arrows, but you can use it with melee for a OHK that will use 1 charge. I thought that the first 4 charges would be a OHK for shooting, the last 4 would be shield down if hit the body and OHK to the head. The melee would always be OHK.

• Like 1

This doesn't qualify as a weapon, but rather how one holds their weapons. What if a left-handed player's avatar actually held their weapons with their left hand, or NPCs sometimes appeared left-handed? It seems strange that every creature in Halo is right-handed.

Here's an idea, bit of a ballpark but a "Personal Ordnance Vehicle" think for a second can craft this Vehicle in the menu or between games affecting its speed firepower and armor, I'm talking a wathhog or equal so what do people think? (if already mentioned sorry didn't look at all post)

I have been reading a lot of posts like these that are absolutely brilliant ideas, however, I have to disagree with them for the simple reason that we need to remember that overly complicated weapons/vehicles/armor abilties may just over-complicate the game and overtax the system. As awesome as it would be to have something like what was suggested below (and in other great posts), it is important to keep the game somewhat simple. Can you imagine the glitches some of these ideas would cause? It's bad enough when two people try to swing a gravity hammer at each other when there's a bad connection. I do enjoy reading these incredibly creative ideas, however, so please keep them coming. :)

P.S. I appreciate the creative ideas and criticism from people in this thread. I've seen to many posts from people everywhere else that hate on Halo 4 just because its different from older games.

i think they should keep AA's and put back the either drop shield from reach or the abilities from halo 3 back. and a new armor ability i was think of would be like a shield in a way but kind of like a black hole thing. what it does is your character bends down like armor lock and then a purplish dome appears around you. what it does is sucks up anything around you limited to 4 feet. it sucks up anything around you and then launches the objects out away from you in all directions so if your enemy is near you like hitting distance or at least  lie i just said 4 feet away. this would give people splatters f the enemy is not careful and if you know how to use it well and have a ton of objects around you. just so it's not too OP it can deflect bullets and pull and push mainly crates and weapons and a mongoose. it can flip and banshee and hog but it can only push them a foot or so. i hope you like my idea and i hope 343 industries finds this post of mine

thanks for your time

XD That's funny. I've often thought about that myself (being that I am left-handed). It's just one of those little arbitrary details that the developers decided wasn't worth the extra programming. As I posted before, it's better on the system to not over complicate things. Great point, though. :)

This doesn't qualify as a weapon, but rather how one holds their weapons. What if a left-handed player's avatar actually held their weapons with their left hand, or NPCs sometimes appeared left-handed? It seems strange that every creature in Halo is right-handed.

• Like 1