Melee damage strength for weapons.

Cocoa

I think certain weapons should deal more damage through melee. Some power weapons should be instakill like the sword melee is.

The rocket launcher shoulr be an instakill, based on the size and the way its swung. Same for a full clip needler, face full of needles= instakill. I think the gravity hammer should have a sweeping baseball style swing for its melee that uses as much energy as a regular swing, the handle swash should come into play once its out of juice.

Don't agree at all. Sometimes you have to sacrifice "logic" in favour of balance. Instantkill melee would just be too overpowered. That's why nobody is saying that male spartans should have a stronger melee or a higher jump height or sthg that female spartans.

With your Idea realised, everyone would be walking around with an empty rocket launcher or needler just because it would be so powerful (as if these weapons arent powerful enough already). You'd have like 3 different versions of the Boltshot basically, because it one-hit-kills on close range - and you know what people think to the boltshot. It would also undermine the Gravity Hammer and Swords usefullness by quite a bit...

The Gravity Hammer having a normal melee is kind of the point, because players should have an option to use it without draining the energy.

Don't agree at all, especially with the long-standing stupidity of arguing a rocket launcher is somehow an effective melee weapon. "Yes, the very long awkward tube containing explosives should be swung at people, and it should hit really hard!"

Halo 2 had a dynamic melee system with multiple factors. I never liked it, but to be fair I didn't even know different melees worked differently until long after I stopped playing the game.

I actually wouldn't mind if certain power weapons got more dynamic melees or other things to make them feel unique, but in my experience the same kind of person who thinks these ideas are worth putting into the game is also TERRIBLE at making them work in the game. It's one of those personality things, like how a person who is good at making a lot of money is often also good at wasting a lot of money.

I completely disagree with this thread for the most part... Something like this would just cause further unbalance in the game. Though I do like the idea of toying with the Needler so that it is a one-melee-kill. That would actually make the gun useful for choosing in ordinance or rushing in the beginning of the game.