New Xbox Release Date Confirmed???

Dog

Not comfirmed just a hint hint i guess.

Source-Examiner

article_post_width_Countdown-to-E3-Xbox-720.jpg

And it's on. In a strange event today, Microsoft's Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb has posted a countdown clock leading up to E3 2013. Just 159 more days until the industry's largest trade show kicks off. We must ask ourselves, though, why so soon?

"What's next?" E3's tagline asks, answering itself with "Now." Clearly, there's some meaning behind this, and we're thinking it could be the next Xbox console, referred to by many as the Xbox 720.

There's something strange about Nelson's post and E3's tagline, which I'm assuming are related. First, gamers have been clamoring for what the future holds for Microsoft and Sony in terms of new consoles, most notably when we're going to see a next Xbox or PlayStation. Perhaps, we'll see it "now", in June, during E3. I'll tell ya what's next, the Xbox 720, or Xbox Durango, or whatever you want to call it.

Secondly, why would Microsoft be posting about the event so early in the year? Unless...they are planning some sort of big reveal, like a new console. It's not too far fetched. Rumors regarding a 2013 Xbox announcement and late 2013/early 2014 release have been ongoing for months now. We've heard speculation, seen leaked documents, analyzed Microsoft's comments, all seeming to indicate a new Xbox is on the horizon.

159 more days and it's on. Some have claimed we'll hear something from Microsoft even before E3, but I'm betting they are saving the official announcement for the event. Why else would they be posting a countdown clock so early? Something big is on the horizon.

What's next? The next generation Xbox, and the next is now...or in June, when E3 takes place

• Like 1

Not really a release date confirmation. I think that it's far more likely that they will SHOW the xbox 720 to the people at E3. I might suggest rewording the thread title or adding some question marks to the thread title.

Good find :)

This right here.

I'd put money on the fact that the Xbox doesn't come out until next year sometime at the earliest.

Here's hoping they price the consoles right. Especially Sony, I remember when the PS3 just released, it was like £400 ($600?). If they do that again, no doubt the new xbox will sell more then the PS4. I could be wrong, but I'm just hoping they don't do it like that for the PS4, it's not fair for the consumers to spend that sort of money. So incase they do, start saving up now :P