We should make big changes to the Assasination Animations.

Milkshake

Plays that I have made in BicFlex4 FFA scrims, where I animate another player instead of just getting the beatdown has costed me SOOO many games. I play on bumper jumper, and assassinations mostly happen whenever the game feels like it. I know it works by holding down the melee button, but I never do!

So I say It should be apart of the control settings, where you can toggle if you can get assassinations with the old way, and to turn it off, you will only get beatdowns. I could care less about animating really, I normally gets me killed almost every time.

Just a thought.

They should have designed it so you had to press 2 buttons at the same time to do an animated assassination, then you could have a choice and also know when you can get away with doing the lengthy one without gettin killed

Dont worry LULZ have a trick for everything: bloom, zombies, assassinations etc.

The moment you hit you move a bit backwards, it may sound hard but its pretty easy to pull off when you have learned it.

That reminds me of one time I was playing rumble-pit: I was AR-AR to another guy and when my shields where almost down, another guy start shooting at him from behind. He turned and I assassinated him(with the assassination where you pull him to the left after killing him) the other guy kept shooting though so the dead body worked as a meat-shield for two seconds.

So when the assassination was finished he had almost no bullets left in his clip, so it was a fast kill for me :)

Assassinations can also save lives, I would have posted the clip but it was a long time ago and I did not think about it then.

If you just tap the melee button, it shouldn't perform an assassination. You've got to actually hold it down in order to actually assassinate someone.

Its supposed to work like that, but it doesn't always, too many times now its happened to me and my friends when we just wanted the short version

Its supposed to work like that, but it doesn't always, too many times now its happened to me and my friends when we just wanted the short version

You might be holding it too long. Just press the bumper or whatever you use like you would the A or X button. Just a quick, small tap should be fine.

It always works for me. If anything, I have a harder time getting the animation to work. Doesn't matter, I never use it anyways.

i've heard of people having issues but personally i've never had an issue just using a normal beat down vs. a full assassination. i think the system now is pretty perfect. better than pushing a separate button or having to toggle it on or off on the start screen or something. just don't hold your controller so tight, you're probably holding the button down and aren't even realizing it.