I need some help.

Arctic Vortex

HD PVR or a elgato capture card. If you want to start in youtube you'll have to spend a little money (a lot) but it's worth it in the long run.

For editing purposes I would use Sony Vegas 12 it works perfectly but if you want something that's cheap but gives you good quality I would go with power director.

Oh and if you want to commentate on your gameplays I'd go with a good quality microphone, I use the blue yeti but I wouldn't get that because I use it for voice acting and other things.

Any other questions just ask. As for how much I spent on everything I use would roughly be up in the 1,600s? That counts for the computer as well since I had to get a new one for the stuff I do

Edited by Minuette
  • Like 2

Roxio game capture capture card runs around $80 and is an HD capture card. Inexpensive. the HD-PVR is stronger and would give you 1080pi HD res. for around $199.

Now as for Video editing software, stay away form Pinnacle studio.

Sony Vegas is the way to go here and it runs around $50-$70. The Pro version ranges around $350.

So in short. If you have the money and want really high end quality, then you would be paying around $550.

If you want to save money, and still have a good quality show then you would be spending around $120-$140.

Hope that helps. ♥

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An HD PVR will set you back around $200, unless you are a pro at haggling. I beat the guy at Best Buy down to $180 still expensive, but the quality is worth it in the long run.

As far as editing software I use a program I got on a free download called Video Pad (totally legal). It is very user friendly and lets you do a lot of cool transitions and effects. Its not as fancy as Sony Vegas, but it is a great place to start.

You aren't obliged to buy a camera which is very expensive. I have a camera that isn't very good and I use programs to color correct my videos. The program I use the most is After Effect. This program is more complicated than Sony Vegas Pro but it is better. If you want, you can go see some tutorials at Youtube about how to use this program.

If you want you are not obliged to buy your program. You could take it by another way. You know what I mean... :)

• Like 1