Assassins Creed 3 Ending Opinions (Spoilers)

GryffinGuy007

I just recently completed the game, and I'm honestly disappointed in the ending. I loved the ending of Connor, and I thought the credits should've started rolling there, even if it ignored Desmund's story. The final ending however, felt odd and untold.

I haven't owned any of the other games in the franchise, so I can't say much about the real story, but I know that if I had, I would've thrown my Xbox out the window.

Thoughts?

Yeah so I understand a lot of people are pissed off that Desmond dies, I personally am more surprised than angry. I made a topic about this in the link below so I'd suggest you read it about what will happen in the next game. I have played all the games and as long as the next few games are good I don't see why I need to be angry at the ending.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/21950-assassins-creed-3-and-the-story-so-far/

I think that the ending for this game was Ubisoft's way of leaving us with the "Greatest Cliffhanger" they could pull off. For what I'm going to say next, I warn you all that there will be SPOILERS FOR ALL OTHER AC GAMES (Please bare with me as I give examples to help elaborate my point)::

#1: In the first Assassin's Creed, Altair's story was nicely wrapped up and there was no definitive cliffhanger - however, Desmond's story was left in a rather intense state as he developed the bleeding effect and could see the remnants of bloody symbols all over his room.

#2: In Assassin's Creed 2, Ezio's story was left hanging when we learn that it wasn't god that was hidden in the vault, but that it was rather the remnants of Those Who Came Before who spoke through Ezio to Desmond directly. Desmond's story ended with them escaping their warehouse hideout, after fighting off Vidic and the modern Templars.

#3: In Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Ezio recovers the Apple of Eden and hides it within a vault under a Roman church. Desmond's story drastically ends with him stabbing Lucy to death, when he is under the control of Those Who Came Before, and falling into a coma.

#4: In Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Ezio and Altair's stories are finally completely wrapped up (in what I thought was a really nice manner) but Desmond's story ends with him waking up from his coma, re-establishing his shattered mind, and saying that he knows what to do with the Apple to save the world.

#5: In Assassin's Creed 3, Connor's story is well wrapped up as he participates in ending the revolution and settling himself, having hidden the seal for a future generation. Desmond's story ends with him sacrificing himself to save the world from destruction, but thus releasing Juno (I think) who will try to bring the world back under her control.

-- In conclusion, by looking as the games' endings (Desmond's in particular) you can see that Ubisoft always ends them with a cliffhanger. My personal perspective on it is that they tried to progressively intensify their cliffhanger-endings. For this reason, I can understand why it has ended in such an explosive manner and although I am a little saddened to see Desmond go, this opens the door for what could be the most mind-twisting Assassin's Creed game to date. I mean come on, not only are the Assassins fighting the Templars, but they are also going to have Juno's omniscient influence to deal with. Anyways, all of this is to say that within the proper context, I think that the ending was well executed (albeit a little oddly) and I will remain a dedicated fan of the series. I hope to hear what other players also thought about the ending aswell, because I tend to sometimes over-analyse everything, so it's great to hear other perspectives.

• Like 1