Ordinance DENIED

Baeztoberfest

That's weird, you should grab the clip in theater so you can A. analyze just what went wrong and B. point it out.

Back in Halo 3 I was playing Lone Wolves and I killed a guy when suddenly "double kill!" No one else around. Confused about it, I went back in theater to check it out, it made no more sense. Some guy across the map who I could not possibly engage in combat lost his fight but I got credit for the kill. I didn't shoot him or hurt him at all in that life, but someone else got robbed of a kill by the game and I got credit for impossible reasons. I still have never figured that one out.

If that had happened at an MLG event gamers would til this day claim they'd been robbed by the "kill robbing glitch" in this game or that, when I only saw it once over several thousand games. It's kinda like an illness that people hear the symptoms of and suddenly everyone is self-diagnosing themselves with it.

Anyway I'd encourage you to go over the video in theater to make sure you know what you saw, then you can report it and we might be able to avoid the possibility of ever experiencing what you're talking about again.

That's weird, you should grab the clip in theater so you can A. analyze just what went wrong and B. point it out.

Back in Halo 3 I was playing Lone Wolves and I killed a guy when suddenly "double kill!" No one else around. Confused about it, I went back in theater to check it out, it made no more sense. Some guy across the map who I could not possibly engage in combat lost his fight but I got credit for the kill. I didn't shoot him or hurt him at all in that life, but someone else got robbed of a kill by the game and I got credit for impossible reasons. I still have never figured that one out.

If that had happened at an MLG event gamers would til this day claim they'd been robbed by the "kill robbing glitch" in this game or that, when I only saw it once over several thousand games. It's kinda like an illness that people hear the symptoms of and suddenly everyone is self-diagnosing themselves with it.

Anyway I'd encourage you to go over the video in theater to make sure you know what you saw, then you can report it and we might be able to avoid the possibility of ever experiencing what you're talking about again.

Think what I encountered is a glitch? I've played 600+ games and only experienced it once.

And what's this I hear about ordinance being able to KILL? Like when it drops in?

At certain points in time i have called in something and i get glicthed out of the map, or gave me something completely different but even this is new to me

Yeah what you said were glitches I've never heard of. Hmm...

When the container popped it had the little line of white dashes in it like it was pointing out something but then just kinda crackle popped and nothing was there. Unless maybe the ordinance was somehow destroyed?

I played spartan ops once before where they sent down assets and there was a destroyed UNSC sniper rifle. Maybe that's what happened?

I'm not sure why you think we'd have a better idea of what went on than you do. I understand you were hoping someone had heard of it, but I haven't. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that I can't tell you much. That's why I said grab the theater clip. You're the only person with access to the information.

As for killing people with the initial drop of ordinance, yes you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrscOe3Fiqw&feature=player_embedded#!

I can't see using it often but I think would be an awesome way to turn the tables in a fight you're losing.

• Like 1

Awesome video dude! Lol. Wow that was way beyond what I expected. Especially the Mantis on the Banshee. Surfs up.

Seems like something that can only happen by chance though but an excellent clip to see regardless.

Yeah I was hoping someone else had heard of it. I thought about uploading a video here if it happened again but I don't know how. I know how I save it in theatre but as for uploading it to a computer then online? That's a brain buster for me. I'm not too computer savy.

It's my understanding file shares aren't working right at the moment? I can't personally check because I'm running on trial subscriptions until Christmas, but you can still save film clips and upload them later.

To do that you'd go into theater, select the game, find the clip and record it. If you haven't used theater before there is only so much I can explain in a post, you really just have to get in there and push some buttons to get a feel for it.

It's my understanding file shares aren't working right at the moment? I can't personally check because I'm running on trial subscriptions until Christmas, but you can still save film clips and upload them later.

To do that you'd go into theater, select the game, find the clip and record it. If you haven't used theater before there is only so much I can explain in a post, you really just have to get in there and push some buttons to get a feel for it.

No I know how to put it in fileshare. Just not upload it to a computer.

I've had it where I call in a drop and nothing appear at all. Then 2 minutes later a green marker appears saying incoming and the weapon I picked. I love it when the set drops say one thing then they're another. Can't count how many times I've picked a weapon up thinking it's a Sniper or Rocket Launcher only to have it be a BR or DMR =/

this has happened to me..MULTIPLE times...and in many cases...costed my team to lose...made me look like an idiot..all while an empty canister drops right near me, has nothing in it..until I die of course..respawn..THEN SEE where it is....then suddenly you hear...ORDNANCE STOLEN...

OR..you cal lit in, and somehow even though you pointed right in front of you, it pops up ABOVE YOU on the next platform...and again..you are screwed if its a map like haven and you're near the ramp areas you called it in when you were either A on higher level and it goes to bottom, or B on bottom level and it goes to top...giving you a huge disadvantage since you can't run to get it since THATS where the other team ALREADY IS! now you gotta run for your life while they take the drop..giving them a even higher advantage...

fixes for me...were pointing out the ordnance within like 3 or more steps from you. if you point it to close it in my experience f*cks up some how and either drops with nothing in it, or drops in a place you didn't call it in at....

another thing I dislike...is I had a team mate call in ordnance and it dropped....ON MY FACE...dropping my shield...shortly after...my team mate gets an applause and assist for the other team 1 shotting my head....I wouldn't say it was his fault....but why do we even get hurt by it? the heck is that all about..it's not like we are gona aim to call it down on the enemies and HOPE it hits them and they dont take the weapon right?

other than that I love the new ordnance system as it's a variable to the game, the games ever evolving and tactics have to be changed to adjust to the ever changing situation. It just needs some fine tuning, either player sided or development sided, or perhaps both.....

so far..player sided...in my experience..that change in how I called it in, now remedied the problems for me.