Thoughts On TS Pro's Absence

Colonl Charisma

I completely agree that they removed it due to the lack of people playing it. Thought it was odd since it has always been a staple to all of the Halo titles since H2, and that it gave people who don't like the COD feel of Halo 4 a chance to strip the game down to something very basic. I strayed from Infinity Slayer until now due to the armor abilities and ordinance drops. The jet-packs have always been annoying to me.

Same. AAs and Ordinance annoy the **** out of me. But I like to have radar... :/

I think it's fair to say the gametype "Slayer Pro" also just sucks. Ever looked at the settings? They're pretty lazy. If I was trying to design a competitive gametype I'd try to do it right or not at all.

I think 343 just believed they were throwing the dogs a bone, so to speak. As it is I think a lot of "competitive" players need to take a second look at the options available to them, because I'm not sure there's much more than bones left of their version of "competitive" gametypes. Fond as better players are of telling others to "adapt," they have to do some adapting if they want to have an arena other than regular matchmaking.

I think it's fair to say the gametype "Slayer Pro" also just sucks. Ever looked at the settings? They're pretty lazy. If I was trying to design a competitive gametype I'd try to do it right or not at all.

I think 343 just believed they were throwing the dogs a bone, so to speak. As it is I think a lot of "competitive" players need to take a second look at the options available to them, because I'm not sure there's much more than bones left of their version of "competitive" gametypes. Fond as better players are of telling others to "adapt," they have to do some adapting if they want to have an arena other than regular matchmaking.

Maybe it's just being tweaked?

I don't know, didn't intend to pretend I did. I just see a weak gametype designed to cater to people who are determined to hate all non-MLG offerings anyway. Bungie made the same mistake with Arena in Reach, I don't know why they bothered.

It's someone trying to please everybody including the one who can't be pleased by anybody. Unstoppable Force + Immovable Object

The talk of adapting was intended to emphasize my earlier posts in this thread where I suggested the format of "competitive" games might not be the same for much longer. I don't know how much of audience there is anymore for 4v4 radar-less stripped-down gameplay, but I do think the audience is dwindling (If it is, MLG will change their format to survive, and the "competitive" format will change with it).

The whole reason people played TS Pro was because it was an attempt at feeling like older Halo, none of these game types have that feel

Why don't you agree about the radar? It only promotes camping and helps teams without very good coordination, thats why they don't like it. I don't see any positive thing it brings to the game.

Radar is fine if kill times are a little longer, like old halos. Also I find it amusing you folks complain bout motion sensor and like a thing as wall hack.... You shouldn't be allowed to voice an opinion really.

They shouldn't have taken it away. Merely on principle. But YOU guys should stop acting like it's the end of the world.

Honest to god, I don't care HOW much you prefer your Pro/MLG/GB settings, if you call yourself a Halo fan, and you can't enjoy some Team Slayer? I mean... I just don't know what to say to that. Loadouts or no.

And off topic, what the poop is up with game battles slayer? Some dude invited me to a 1v1 and put that crap on. Why do they use the Scattershot? It's the most random weapon in the game. (And I will never agree with the competitive community about radar)

Know what? Its the strangest thing. These are the very same people who insist slayer dmrs or slayer pro in TS of Reach. That or a dash. I don't get it really.... Why deny people to have the loadout or weapon of there choice?? You'll find a dmr ******* everywhere at all times in a regular TS match, so why????????????!???????? Can someone explain. And why do stupid 343 promote this by having all these ****ty variants of slayer with the sole purpose of making choice less for certain people? I don't get it. Aren't these MLG/slayer pro fans the very same ones boasting of being the best? Do they mean best as long as no one gets anything else but there own personal favorite gun and ability? I DONT GET IT. AND ITS ******** ME OFF.

Know what? Its the strangest thing. These are the very same people who insist slayer dmrs or slayer pro in TS of Reach. That or a dash. I don't get it really.... Why deny people to have the loadout or weapon of there choice?? You'll find a dmr ******* everywhere at all times in a regular TS match, so why????????????!???????? Can someone explain. And why do stupid 343 promote this by having all these ****ty variants of slayer with the sole purpose of making choice less for certain people? I don't get it. Aren't these MLG/slayer pro fans the very same ones boasting of being the best? Do they mean best as long as no one gets anything else but there own personal favorite gun and ability? I DONT GET IT. AND ITS ******** ME OFF.

That's actually a very good point.

"IM THE BEST AT HALO 4!" (As long as we only use one weapon and there's no radar and if we do get abilities we only get the one I'm good with. Ahem.)

so you think people should spawn with rockets and that will be mlg? there is no scatter shot in gamebattles. br and dmr are weapons that to me anyways require enough skill to be a starter weapon in the mlg gametypes. No radar Takes away sight and your forced to rely on call outs and sounds which does take more skill then seeing your radar have red dots. the problem is randomness doesn't belong in Mlg and thats what halo 4 is promoting. I don't see why your upset like people say when you don't like the game. Don't like it don't play it sadly. all mlg wants is a fair Unrandom game that promotes skill and no randomness.