Is Halo 4 too balanced?

Infinity1129

I heard a while ago that Halo 4 was the most balanced game out there. 343 did this by adding loadouts, changing how power weapons are acquired, changing vehicle durability, adding sprint to every Spartan, and slightly changing armor abilities so that each has a noticable downside (ex. how Active Camo now appears on motion sensor). I think the orginal idea was indeed "balance" but maybe they got a little bit more than they first intended.

Example One- Say you have a team mate that keeps getting assists. Well that's all fine and good for the team, but where is the personal satisfaction for that player? Well, assists now count towards getting an Ordanace Drop, so even though he's playing mainly a support role in the beginning, he can rack up those assists and get a BA power weapon.

Example Two- A couple guys are trolling around in (insert vehicle here) and completely destroying your team. Well now you have the option to spawn with the vehicle destoryer combo- the plasma pistol and plasma grenades! Now their killing spree is over, and you can go back to to getting shot from afar with a DMR.

Point being, every player has an equal chance of doing something to help out the whole team. Now, I will admit, I have raged more than a few times because it seems like I can only get a small killing spree while in a vehicle, most of the time. But I can't help to think what it feels like if you're on the receiving end of a Gauss Cannon or Tank shell for most of the match.

I heard a while ago that Halo 4 was the most balanced game out there. 343 did this by adding loadouts, changing how power weapons are acquired, changing vehicle durability, adding sprint to every Spartan, and slightly changing armor abilities so that each has a noticable downside (ex. how Active Camo now appears on motion sensor). I think the orginal idea was indeed "balance" but maybe they got a little bit more than they first intended.

Example One- Say you have a team mate that keeps getting assists. Well that's all fine and good for the team, but where is the personal satisfaction for that player? Well, assists now count towards getting an Ordanace Drop, so even though he's playing mainly a support role in the beginning, he can rack up those assists and get a BA power weapon.

Example Two- A couple guys are trolling around in (insert vehicle here) and completely destroying your team. Well now you have the option to spawn with the vehicle destoryer combo- the plasma pistol and plasma grenades! Now their killing spree is over, and you can go back to to getting shot from afar with a DMR.

Point being, every player has an equal chance of doing something to help out the whole team. Now, I will admit, I have raged more than a few times because it seems like I can only get a small killing spree while in a vehicle, most of the time. But I can't help to think what it feels like if you're on the receiving end of a Gauss Cannon or Tank shell for most of the match.

0/10

Troll harder next time.

0/10

Troll harder next time.

-10/10 LOL BALANCED?

So because somebody posts an idea like this, which is perfectly fine if you ask me, they are automatically trolling?

I dont think this is a troll post at all. If you disagree thats fine, post that but dont assume they are trolling.

@OP

I think you have an idea there but there are alot of things out of balance in the MP section of the game. I wouldnt exactly call it balanced but at the same time it still works fairly well. Was an enjoyable read however, a nice change of pace from the usual complaints here.

• Like 1

So because somebody posts an idea like this, which is perfectly fine if you ask me, they are automatically trolling?

I dont think this is a troll post at all. If you disagree thats fine, post that but dont assume they are trolling.

@OP

I think you have an idea there but there are alot of things out of balance in the MP section of the game. I wouldnt exactly call it balanced but at the same time it still works fairly well. Was an enjoyable read however, a nice change of pace from the usual complaints here.

Thanks man. I was just providing a different point of view on the situation- there was no trolling at all. I think 343 just tried a little too hard to put in what they thought would be good additions to the MP.

Dude.

Stop making sense.

• Like 1

@OP

You should go back and read the OP.

Only thing I have to say is I love starting with pp and p.nades in btb. I have no interest in getting into vehicles but I certainly enjoy ruining someones fun when they are using them.

I think this is exactly the point. I usually start vehicle maps with the plasma pistol anyway but even if I didn't I'd always have a loadout with it in case I needed to swap to it on kill. I've played two big team games in total, both games started with me getting on a warthog gun (once gauss) with a random driver; the first time I got a 7 kill streak and the 2nd a 6 kill streak. It feels to me like vehicles still make you feel plenty powerful enough but have enough counters to stop them dominating without proper support. If you're playing against smart opponents you need to keep track of when anti-tank power weapons get picked up and avoid going too near obvious ambush points.