Balanced my *** lol

Balloonloons

Played big team. I was thrown into the game where my team was losing by 200 PTs. Suddenly their team started dropping out. We came back and won by 100pts. Within 2 mins we tied the game. 1 min we were in Massive lead. Imagine how the other team felt? Dude I was kicking your *** and made your team quit. Now within 3 minutes I'm losing and game over. I was also on the losing end of this a bunch of times. Why should the opposing team get second and third chances if they are getting raped? Makes trying to win feel like a roll of the dice and makes you not care anymore.

I'm trying really hard to make myself like this game. Like swallowing some awful rotten food thinking it might be good for me. But every time I give it a chance I find something else horribly wrong, annoying, and frustrating.

This game is a joke made to cater to noobs and an attempt to make it more accessible to the people without hand eye coordination. Even they could eek out a win now.

• Like 3

So u suck

Seriously? Did you even read his post?

OP, I differ with you in the way that I really do enjoy Halo 4. I do, however, agree with your point. My win/loss ratio is hitting about a .6 right now, even though I outperform pretty much everyone on the opposing teams. I'm talking I get thirty kills and somehow still lose. By that margin, I should be at a much higher ratio. I feel like, as much as I really do enjoy the game, this is one of the shortcomings of Halo 4 and the goofy matchmaking decisions. I still enjoy the hell out of matchmaking, but it does make me scratch my head a little bit.

So u suck

you're a clown

Seriously? Did you even read his post?

OP, I differ with you in the way that I really do enjoy Halo 4. I do, however, agree with your point. My win/loss ratio is hitting about a .6 right now, even though I outperform pretty much everyone on the opposing teams. I'm talking I get thirty kills and somehow still lose. By that margin, I should be at a much higher ratio. I feel like, as much as I really do enjoy the game, this is one of the shortcomings of Halo 4 and the goofy matchmaking decisions. I still enjoy the hell out of matchmaking, but it does make me scratch my head a little bit.

lol finally got you to agree huh? :). Yea this is a deal breaker for me and only adds to the chaotic feel of matchmaking. It's like you almost don't even feel the score anymore during the game until the round is over and you say. Wait did we win? The matchmaking is all over the place.

I agree that it is currently very messed up. It IS, however, far better than previous problems. I recall some very messed up rounds on Reach without the add in system, or whatever we are calling it. Stuf like starting a match solo againt 4, they all back out from boredom, it counts as me quiting AGAIN, and boom I'm on false probation lol. So when it comes down to it, I find the current system to be better, though it definitely needs some tuning.

For example, there should be both time and point limits which, once surpassed, dissallow add ins. No one wants to even join a 100 to 400 round anyway, regardless of which side they end up on.

Perhaps, in addition, the gap between the team's scores should determine some kind of wait time before the system adds in a teamate. Like if it's 4 v 4 up till blue has 150 and red has 200, then 1 blue backs out, the 50 point difference would yield a longer wait time to get a 4th player again than would an even score with no point difference, for example. That way if your team is legitimately wrecking the enemy team, they can't just get Mr Fantastic joining in all the sudden because of one of their teamates quiting. It would serve as a...handicap? Idk lol. I just thought of that as i was typing this xD

Seriously though, it was worse before, but the current system does need some work

I agree that it is currently very messed up. It IS, however, far better than previous problems. I recall some very messed up rounds on Reach without the add in system, or whatever we are calling it. Stuf like starting a match solo againt 4, they all back out from boredom, it counts as me quiting AGAIN, and boom I'm on false probation lol. So when it comes down to it, I find the current system to be better, though it definitely needs some tuning.

For example, there should be both time and point limits which, once surpassed, dissallow add ins. No one wants to even join a 100 to 400 round anyway, regardless of which side they end up on.

Perhaps, in addition, the gap between the team's scores should determine some kind of wait time before the system adds in a teamate. Like if it's 4 v 4 up till blue has 150 and red has 200, then 1 blue backs out, the 50 point difference would yield a longer wait time to get a 4th player again than would an even score with no point difference, for example. That way if your team is legitimately wrecking the enemy team, they can't just get Mr Fantastic joining in all the sudden because of one of their teamates quiting. It would serve as a...handicap? Idk lol. I just thought of that as i was typing this xD

Seriously though, it was worse before, but the current system does need some work

nah no way! All previous halos used the same method and it worked great. It made you want to try and made you have some level of intimacy with your team. Now you have no clue who is coming or going. Not do you even care. That's why no one even talks! The harm it does far outweighs the good and I knew this from playing the pc version of halo which had something similar. In pc halo the same problem. People would pop in and out of game types and it became rare to care about your team.

Eh, I don't think it's that big of a deal. But then again, I don't really care about win/loss. I think it's nice that if a team's getting slaughtered they can fight back though. What's the point of just completely dominating a game? I'd rather be in a game where it's 600 - 590 rather than 600 - 230 or something. I

Eh, I don't think it's that big of a deal. But then again, I don't really care about win/loss. I think it's nice that if a team's getting slaughtered they can fight back though. What's the point of just completely dominating a game? I'd rather be in a game where it's 600 - 590 rather than 600 - 230 or something. I

one of the great things about halo was that when you are good you are awarded. One of those awards was the ability to rape ***. I don't get that thrill anymore. That sheer enjoyment out of beating *** of a bunch of noobs. That's all gone replaced by a bland sense of eh I won who cares.

If you say you don't care about winning why are you playing? Just to rack up kills game after game? That's lame and gets boring and stale very fast. I play to win and to feel good when I do win. Now I can't even talk **** and say yo nice job you went 9 and 30 lol. Why? Because the guy who went 9 and 30 probably joined the game with 2 mins left anyway so it has nothing to do with how well he did that round. That's why no one talks anymore. Because no one cares anymore.

Played big team. I was thrown into the game where my team was losing by 200 PTs. Suddenly their team started dropping out. We came back and won by 100pts. Within 2 mins we tied the game. 1 min we were in Massive lead. Imagine how the other team felt? Dude I was kicking your *** and made your team quit. Now within 3 minutes I'm losing and game over. I was also on the losing end of this a bunch of times. Why should the opposing team get second and third chances if they are getting raped? Makes trying to win feel like a roll of the dice and makes you not care anymore.

I'm trying really hard to make myself like this game. Like swallowing some awful rotten food thinking it might be good for me. But every time I give it a chance I find something else horribly wrong, annoying, and frustrating.

This game is a joke made to cater to noobs and an attempt to make it more accessible to the people without hand eye coordination. Even they could eek out a win now.

What, please explain. I thought you said you won by 100 points?

What, please explain. I thought you said you won by 100 points?

exactly! I should have never been able to win that game! That's no balance that's just stupid. That's not fun that's lame. Do you like playing games with a friend who lets you win? Or is that lame and boring? The losing team is given a thousand gifts and opportunities to come back and that's lame as hell. Not more challenging just annoying. Not more balanced, just lame.

Perhaps you guys won because some on their side bailed and your side got reinforced... Perhapse they got lazy or your vehicles took it to them. It could be any number of reasons but it all comes down to the individual player, not the game itself. Their own choices were their downfall, not the game.

Perhaps you guys won because some on their side bailed and your side got reinforced... Perhapse they got lazy or your vehicles took it to them. It could be any number of reasons but it all comes down to the individual player, not the game itself. Their own choices were their downfall, not the game.

so in other words you're making my other point that this game is not about teamwork anymore since apparently it's about the individual player. Regardless that is still my point! In what game can you come back to that extent in 3 minutes??? None! It's lame!

so in other words you're making my other point that this game is not about teamwork anymore since apparently it's about the individual player. Regardless that is still my point! In what game can you come back to that extent in 3 minutes??? None! It's lame!

Individual choice affects teamwork.

You could be sticking around some teammates but if those individual players choose to go off on their own then teamwork goes out the window. Teamwork is a choice.

As for games that you can make a comeback in in 3 minutes? There are too many for me to list. Any game that has player vs player has the ability for the loosing team to make a comeback quickly. Its all about how you player as an individual and how you mesh with the others on your team as that individual.

So ur complaing to complain good job

I'm complaining because I want the halo I love back not this pig in disguise. Hoping these sentiments will echo though the community and someone at 343 will snap out of their stupidity and say hey we need to change this. That's what I'm doing...what are you doing? Posting nonsense just to post?

You could be sticking around some teammates but if those individual players choose to go off on their own then teamwork goes out the window. Teamwork is a choice.

As for games that you can make a comeback in in 3 minutes? There are too many for me to list. Any game that has player vs player has the ability for the loosing team to make a comeback quickly. Its all about how you player as an individual and how you mesh with the others on your team as that individual.

you should really look up the definitions of individual and teamwork. Maybe it'll clarify how the two work differently for you. You are completely incorrect in your "clarification" of how teamwork works. Post is a fail but thanks. No wonder you're defending a set of dangling keys aka halo 4

oh and ummmm no there aren't any games that offer such a boost to noobs like the dumb game does. But you can try to name one other than cod lol since this is a clone of it.

you should really look up the definitions of individual and teamwork. Maybe it'll clarify how the two work differently for you. You are completely incorrect in your "clarification" of how teamwork works. Post is a fail but thanks. No wonder you're defending a set of dangling keys aka halo 4

Dont need to. Teamwork is a choice. It doesnt just magically appear. An individual makes a choice to work with the team or they choose not to. In one way they do teamwork the other they dont. How much more simple can this get?

If the individual doesnt choose to work as a team with the other players then how can there be any team work? Do you not understand this concept?

Most everything in MP comes down to individual players choices. Choose to go left instead of right and a different outcome happens. Choose to work as part of a team or not, different outcomes. Please tell me you can grasp this concept, it is really really simple.

If you cant then unfortunately there is nothing I can do for you.

Plenty of good BTB players are getting screwed by this, myself included. A simple solution would be going back to the old, established ways of halo. REMOVE JIP. If you get matched up against a bunch of babies and they all bail out, then that game is yours to win. I understand it sucks for the remaining people who want to stick it out, but seriously. If you're whole team quits and you still want to stay in the game, that's your prerogative, and is fine in game like slayer as I remember tons of games where bad randoms quit, and we still prevailed, usually in much more epic fashion.

On another note they need to go back to the old lobby system that let you plainly see who was in a party or not, so if you solo qued for big team battle you could premptively leave the lobby where all 8 players were in a party together. Because lets face it, playing with random people rarely works out in your favor against an organized team, you'll get plenty of kills, go very positive, you'll even make the game fairly close, but those randoms will get slaughtered the majority of the time.

Plenty of good BTB players are getting screwed by this, myself included. A simple solution would be going back to the old, established ways of halo. REMOVE JIP. If you get matched up against a bunch of babies and they all bail out, then that game is yours to win. I understand it sucks for the remaining people who want to stick it out, but seriously. If you're whole team quits and you still want to stay in the game, that's your prerogative, and is fine in game like slayer as I remember tons of games where bad randoms quit, and we still prevailed, usually in much more epic fashion.

On another note they need to go back to the old lobby system that let you plainly see who was in a party or not, so if you solo qued for big team battle you could premptively leave the lobby where all 8 players were in a party together. Because lets face it, playing with random people rarely works out in your favor against an organized team, you'll get plenty of kills, go very positive, you'll even make the game fairly close, but those randoms will get slaughtered the majority of the time.

yup exactly. That's one of those feel good moments that has been stripped here. When your team quit it made you try harder. When you won it was epic! Now in place of that we have a feeling of bleh who cares I won...

Dont need to. Teamwork is a choice. It doesnt just magically appear. An individual makes a choice to work with the team or they choose not to. In one way they do teamwork the other they dont. How much more simple can this get?

If the individual doesnt choose to work as a team with the other players then how can there be any team work? Do you not understand this concept?

Most everything in MP comes down to individual players choices. Choose to go left instead of right and a different outcome happens. Choose to work as part of a team or not, different outcomes. Please tell me you can grasp this concept, it is really really simple.

If you cant then unfortunately there is nothing I can do for you.

as a game developer myself I understand how gameplay itself is what guides teamwork. If the game doesn't do anything to promote teamwork then teamwork becomes unnecessary. If you can't see how this game fails to promote proper teamwork / gameplay then there isn't much I can do for you.

I'm complaining because I want the halo I love back not this pig in disguise. Hoping these sentiments will echo though the community and someone at 343 will snap out of their stupidity and say hey we need to change this. That's what I'm doing...what are you doing? Posting nonsense just to post?

oh and ummmm no there aren't any games that offer such a boost to noobs like the dumb game does. But you can try to name one other than cod lol since this is a clone of it.

Stop feeding the troll kids. Hell just say something else stupid and offensive. Maybe y'all had a point... It was lost on him when he decided his opinion meant more than whatever point he thought he was making. Arguing to argue... Lol. What a noob.

Maybe you'll snap out of YOUR STUPIDITY and cry on the official forums instead of the fan forums. Pfft... Lmao. Wow...