If the DMR deserves to be better... then why doesn't the Light Rifle?

Kiing 0f Coffe

The current argument for the DMR = BR is that the DMR deserves to be better because it has less aim-assist. The light rifle has the least amount of aim-assist out of all of the guns. But, the Light riffle is horrible when it's not scoped. It only seems fair that (in the current state of the game) the light riffle's non-scoped weapon is buffed.

I can outplay a BR with a non-scoped lightrifle. When the light rifle isn't scoped- 5 head shots kill a person and 6 body shots kill a person. When the light rifle is scoped it takes 4 shots to the head to get a kill and 5 in the body. Killing doesnt matter all that much between the head or the body. The body just takes a half second more to get a kill. The scoped light rifle is just as strong as a scoped and non scoped BR but little stronger than a non scoped light rifle.This is fair because the light rifle has more range than the br. The dmr has the strength of a non scoped light rifle, so to make that fair they made the aim assist weaker for the light rifle. There is actually no problem with the light rifle because it is almost like a combination of a br and a dmr. If you learn how to use it right the light rifle can dominate an entire game.

I can outplay a BR with a non-scoped lightrifle. When the light rifle isn't scoped- 5 head shots kill a person and 6 body shots kill a person. When the light rifle is scoped it takes 4 shots to the head to get a kill and 5 in the body. Killing doesnt matter all that much between the head or the body. The body just takes a half second more to get a kill. The scoped light rifle is just as strong as a scoped and non scoped BR but little stronger than a non scoped light rifle.This is fair because the light rifle has more range than the br. The dmr has the strength of a non scoped light rifle, so to make that fair they made the aim assist weaker for the light rifle. There is actually no problem with the light rifle because it is almost like a combination of a br and a dmr. If you learn how to use it right the light rifle can dominate an entire game.

But, the Lightrifle is much much harder to aim than the other guns. Plus, the scoped lightrifle is 5-shot in the head, sometimes its 4 (Its Weird).

But, the Lightrifle is much much harder to aim than the other guns. Plus, the scoped lightrifle is 5-shot in the head, sometimes its 4 (Its Weird).

im sorry to burst your bubble but i have had very little to no problem with the light rifle aiming. it is exactly 4 shots to the head when scoped. if you hit the neck or body once then it would be brought up to 5 shots to kill. the lack of aiming help is meant so that the dmr player wont get completely massacred by the light rifle with a 1 shot advantage when scoped. with the br though, non-scoped battles give the br a 1 shot advantage but the light rifle still has the same strength as a dmr. the light rifle shines the most at long range but is efficient at short range as well. something i forgot to mention though- the light rifle has a slightly faster shooting speed than the br making them even in close range battles. in close range fights using the light rifle against a br getting perfect shots with the light rifle are more vital to success or failure. the shooting speed of the dmr is the same as the light rifle.

I didn't know there were any arguments to improve the DMR.

As for the lightrifle, I think it's probably fine as it is. When I'm getting hit with a light rifle in BTB I take cover FAST. That's pretty cool.

I don't even notice when I face them up close, maybe the people who run them usually pick firepower and pack a DMR for non-scoped combat. Seems like people know that they either use it scoped or not at all.