Just an idea I had

Vaulting♥Frog

Not sure if this actually belongs in here or in a different section but seems like it will fit.

I am tired of the armory and its uselessness. The armor pieces are worthless. Whats the point in unlocking them if they dont actually do anything for your Spartan?

My idea is thus:

Give each piece of armor a small stat boost when worn. Nothing more than 2% or 3% mind you so its not overwhelming. Shoulder pieces would be 1% only as you can put two on (adds up to a 2% boost).

So lets say you equip chest piece A. Chest piece A gives you a 2% boost to ammo capasity to all weapons. This gives you a few extra rounds to carry into a fight. While at the same time you decided to skip out on chest pieces B and C. Chest piece B could have given you a 2% increase in shields while chest piece C could have given you a 2% boost in shield recharge rate.

Its a give and take which allowes you to customize your Spartan even further to your particular play style while not throwing everything out of balance. It makes the unlocked armor actually useful and is something worth while to work towards.

Yes somebody could spec completely into shields which would give them a total of either 10% or 14% (depends on if the boost is at 2% or 3% for everything but shoulders). How ever they are giving up on possible damage increase, speed increase or any number of other stat boosts. Another player could spec for more damage and completely nulify their shield boost so in a sense the players balance themselves by their own choices. No one ends up being superior to another.

Its just a rough idea but I would rather not see useless data on my games.

But seriously to add a bit more to it, since I can never seem to post anything under 500 words....

His idea is great. It would allow a more customized expereince, and ina way, add a more strategic and meaning full expereince to unlocking armor. One thing that bugs me, is simply leveling up and unlocking and using the armor. As it is, the armor is good for nothing in the fact that it only adds flare, and sometimes that flare is lost since you dont get time, nor can always see the suttle differences in many players armor.

I think it would add greatly to the replay value. Throwing in some whacky over the top challenges in all modes, would add some fun and break up the tension and reward players with serious skill in different departments, a great reward and gameplay style that fits them best.

Again bravo! One of the best inclusion features I think anyone has posted up for Halo in a long time.

I like the idea. I think it adds a bit more incentive and strategy to the game while not unbalancing it. I feel like we've discussed this in the ShoutBox before, and it's definitely a good idea.

Yes, yes we have. I just decided to make its own thread so others can see it.

That sounds like an interesting idea, but the difficulty of balancing everything would make it no small task.

Thats the thing, players themselves do the balancing here. With such small percentage boosts there isnt much 343i would have to do. Being tailored to your own play style you more or less just enhance what your already doing, and with the ability for anybody to get any armor in the game players are on equal footing still.

Its a give and take situation. If you spec fully into shields you give up damage, speed, recharge, ammo capacity or any number of other things people could think of. Things that can nullify your fully spec'ed shield. Just like choosing loadouts. You have several different ARs that while fill in the same role have different stats to them and affect things differently however slight. Thats players balancing players right there with those selections.