Wow there really is no tactical gameplay here!

Balloonloons

Sword is useless? Well that doesn't make much sense... With promethean vision and speed boost in the game, I think it's more useful than ever before. And that's saying something. What gametype do you play that is so horrific? Team Regicide, regular Infinity Slayer, and Dominion usually aren't bad with campers. BTB, objective, and Swat usually are though. Ragnarok is the worst camper-wise in general, that's why I no longer play games that have more than 5 people on each team, except Dominion even though camping is horrible there, it can still be fun. It really sucks, because on Reach my gametypes were Swat, BTB, Invasion, and then Infection. Now, I limit myself to Infinity Slayer, Team Regicide, and sometimes Dominion, simply because that limits my rage quitting to the minimum it can be for this game. It just seems like the small maps are too big, and the big maps are too small in this game. Besides abandon, that's tiny, but it's awful.

Maybe you never played Halo 2 or 3.... But the Sword used to be a power weapon. With you, you were a force to be reckoned with. Now, everyone has PV so they know you have it and exactly where you are. Also, everyone has a boltshot so good luck getting the kill and surviving!

Maybe you never played Halo 2 or 3.... But the Sword used to be a power weapon. With you, you were a force to be reckoned with. Now, everyone has PV so they know you have it and exactly where you are. Also, everyone has a boltshot so good luck getting the kill and surviving!

I didn't say the sword wasn't ever good, I'm just saying it's cheaper than ever. I've always loved the sword, always my favorite weapon. Ever since I played CE the very first time. Yea it's a power weapon, but I just think it's the funnest weapon to use.

. Yes sword is useless and no longer a must have weapon. Only way to get kills with it? Everyone say it all together now.....camp!!! Lol. Crouch in place for an entire game and hope someone comes by. And then you better make sure they are close because since you both have unlimited sprint chances are you will get blasted by his team by the time you even reach his face. Or if the guy is any good he will just rape you with the super powered dmr anyway by the time you even swing. Or chances are they probably have a bolt shot they spawned with anyway. So again sword useless. Yes.

I play all the lists and all of them make me want to tear my eyeballs out with toothpicks.

I grab the sword at the beginning of each game of Adrift, and never camp. I'll shoot around with the DMR, and whenever I see someone behind me on the radar, or a single dot in front of me, I'll bring out the sword. It's easy to stop with a scattershot, shotgun, boltshot, or any other power weapon, but I would never call it useless. Maybe it's useless to you, but that's your problem.

I didn't say the sword wasn't ever good, I'm just saying it's cheaper than ever. I've always loved the sword, always my favorite weapon. Ever since I played CE the very first time. Yea it's a power weapon, but I just think it's the funnest weapon to use.

???

No its not "cheaper than ever" its weaker than ever....

I grab the sword at the beginning of each game of Adrift, and never camp. I'll shoot around with the DMR, and whenever I see someone behind me on the radar, or a single dot in front of me, I'll bring out the sword. It's easy to stop with a scattershot, shotgun, boltshot, or any other power weapon, but I would never call it useless. Maybe it's useless to you, but that's your problem.

I think you do this because you're having flashbacks to the good halo days. You don't actually realize how little use the sword is in this game. Honestly. You can't even pick it back up after you die! It's gone for good till the next game! Useless.

???

No its not "cheaper than ever" its weaker than ever....

How? What is your logic on this one? That makes zero sense. Same lunge range, same one shot kill, etc.. It's stronger than in Reach, where you could pummel your way out of it. No, you can't do two quick melee's like in 3, but that's only good in swordfights.

I think you do this because you're having flashbacks to the good halo days. You don't actually realize how little use the sword is in this game. Honestly. You can't even pick it back up after you die! It's gone for good till the next game! Useless.

Same token if you die with a sword 9 times out of 10 someone else will take it. If I die with a sword, it usually only has 2-3 charges left in it, so it doesn't bother me.

How? What is your logic on this one? That makes zero sense. Same lunge range, same one shot kill, etc.. It's stronger than in Reach, where you could pummel your way out of it. No, you can't do two quick melee's like in 3, but that's only good in swordfights.

Boltshot, PV, sprint, even jetpack to an extent all make the sword pretty useless.

Same token if you die with a sword 9 times out of 10 someone else will take it. If I die with a sword, it usually only has 2-3 charges left in it, so it doesn't bother me.

dude you're lame as hell. Give it a break already. You're just plain wrong. When you have sword in any other halo you can rack up double and triple kills like crazy in one round. In halo 4 this is rare to impossible. I've played dozens of games in 4 and no one ever uses the sword. Boltshot is chosen all the time and no point in even chasing for the sword. You must be chasing some fantasy because what you're saying is just not true and maybe is something that happened to you in one game out of 100. I will bet you 1000$ that what you're describing actually happens 1 in a million games when the other team is so bad they walk into walls all game. Otherwise sword is pointless. By far one of the weakest weapons in this game! And it was once king of weapons. You're going to sit here and argue that it has the same value it once had then no point in arguing with you because you're either blind or a plain idiot who likes arguing just because.

Yea that's right I'm betting you. I give you all this next week to record one game in which sword is valuable like it was once and I'll give you 1,000$. If you can't then come back here and say sorry I'm a moron and I was wrong. End of story

1. Too many long range weapons have resulted in a camp fest,
  2. The boltshot has devalued close range power weapons (sword shotgun etc.)
  3. Ordinance drops have made geting power weapons less important.
  4. Automatically having sprint makes lvl's seem smaller than they are meaning bigger lvl's needed meaning more room for camping.

But the truth is players new attitude to halo 4 is the major issue, they hang back with dmr's and wait for an enemy, this is a CoD style of play one that was never in Halo before. All the above issues have arisen from things that were meant to speed up the game and make it more intense, once in a blue moon this actually happens rare I know but when it does this game is excellent.

343i obviously had a different idea in mind when they added many of these features and it just so happened to go the wrong way. The game can still be good but the most important thing they can do now is add new lvl's that force these issues out of the game. The old Halo lvl's will only be ruined by the new features, look at Ragnarok, its the campiest lvl and has gone from great to boring.

There is time to fix these issues and lets hope they do, there is time to save this game yet (by save I mean make it live up to expectations)

Figured I would revisit 4 after playing reach for the last two weeks. So I played 3 games and got annoyed at each and every one. Each of them was spent fighting campers. No one moves around anymore.

Stopped reading after "No one moves around anymore."

People run around like headless chickens in Halo 4. Especially with the Mobility armor mod.

Also, the only tactics i found in Reach were with 1 flag type game types, which I would agree with. I feel that taking 1 flag out of halo 4 was the WORST idea ever. That's literally my all time favorite gametype... I loved having to play strictly defense or offense because it made you play different strategies. One round you focus your tactics on getting the flag, the other you focus on protecting it. When you have 2 flag and there's a bunch of chaos everywhere it takes that away.

I'll always miss invasion... and I await its return

. That is ridiculous lol. Not even going to touch this one really. I'll just say this. If you have to push a gas pedal to drive a car, you push the gas pedal. If the only way to survive or get kills in halo is to camp then you camp. You're forced into it.

If camping the ONLY way to get kills and survive in ANY game, then somethings wrong.