Am I the only one here who's excited about the new matchmaking?

LiQuid BioniX

I've been playing Halo since the very first. I've enjoyed the ride of Bungie's Halo as much as anyone else, and I've been playing Bungie matchmaking since the fantastic LAN parties of Halo: CE. That being said, I'm absolutely stoked about 343's new take on Halo gameplay

I feel like if Halo just kept going down the road that it was going, it'd just end up petering out and/or get stale. I love the fact that it is fast paced and slightly more modern (if that makes sense).

I haven't been this excited about multiplayer of any kind since Halo 3! I love that 343 decided to make Halo 4 their own game and to take their own path. It's what needed to happen, and I can't wait to have them keep going!

• Like 1

You are one of the few people that are excited. I hate the modern warfare feel you speak of. I enjoy CoD black ops.

I absolutely hate getting thrown in to the middle of a match. Quitters run rampant through the servers and ruin games. It's not Halo with a twist. Quitting was frowned upon, everyone being on a level playing field was what separated it from call of duty.

Halo 4 is Call of Duty with a Haloesque twist. I'm not excited for the future. It's not halo. It is however a fun well made game.

The people saying Halo 4 is not Halo or doesn't feel like Halo would say the exact same thing about Halo CE, which I find hilarious. Seriously, Halo CE and Halo 2 are much closer to Halo 4 than 3 and Reach. I enjoy Halo 4 because it's much closer to the better games of Halo to me than it is closer to the worse ones.

well this is why halo 3 had 500k+ people on for 4 years going while halo 4 is sturggling to keep 350k. online per day.

in all honesty they should have changed the name of this game to something not halo and i'd have been ok.

That's funny, I thought it was because CoD was not CoD back then.

I agree with you here. Bungie said Halo Reach was exactly what the series needed....uh NO!! If bungie kept going, the game would have dug its own grave and I would be on my way to becoming a COD MLG player....like hell if that ever happens!

Halo 4 and THE best storyline to date. If you say Halo1, yes it was great, but what made it great was that it was the first game of it kind...But the story has evolved and is fantastic. Halo 2 story was crap because bungie never wanted to make a 3rd halo, but found they didnt have enough time/data to fit into the game so it was extended into Halo 3...which meant the story was chopped and crap. At least they pulled it together in Halo 3. Halo 4 is fantastic because they plan to make a new triliogy and already have the story mapped in the direction they want it to go. So props to 343i.

The matchmaking is totally different from previous titles, as you find typical with every successor to the last Halo. With Halo 4, yes it does seem more chaotic due to the improvements and uprades with spartan abilities and weapon drops. But I only find this chaotic in Infinity Slayer. Other game modes seem just fine to me (including BTB Slayer; though vehicles are spammed but easily taken care of). Slayer pro suits me perfect because I'm a competitive player and that's what I've been waiting for; competition!! Looking forward to the Ranking System in January :) And I'm already registered for some local tournaments in my area. :P

For those of you complaining about population compared to previous titles. Remember, Halo 2 was the first competitive game of its kind to be released. Something nobody has had much experience with since the dawn of online play from xbox/ps2. So of course Halo 2 was huge because of its innovation!! As years go by, inovation has decreased while hardware/software are just being built more durable/stronger (sorrry for grammar im tired LAWL). And as years go by, more AAA games are released and so of course the total population are busy playing several other games and not just stick to ONLY 1 GAME 24/7 (like myself haha). So stop complaining about population because there are numberous variables to take into account other than whether the game sucks or not to determine its population....

• Like 1

Theres always gonna be fanboys, there's always gonna be haters. The only reason people only seem to see the hater's comments is because 90% of the time they are the ones who comment on the game. Everyone else is too busy playing a great game that 343 made! I'm with you, i love the new feel 343 has given to this franchise. Thanks, 343, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

A great game being destroyed by bad preparation and ineptitude... Fix the bloody lag you useless excuse for a games company!!!!

I do not want anything new have yet to really go through everything in the game but one thing is for sure I never will unless they do something for the lag its getting worse as time goes on indicating they are messing something up and continuing to do so.

The people who like the new direction should be in government protection because they are quickly becoming extinct.

The more I play this game the more I hear people in games complaining and hating. I don't hear good stuff from anyone really. I'd say the ratio seems to be 5:1.

The more I play this game the more sad I am to say goodbye to an era that has been truly great with halo. It's funny to hear people say reach sucked and in the same sentence say 4 is good lol. That doesn't even make sense and it explains a lot about why you even like 4. 4 took everything bad you felt about reach and amplified it by 10000. Oh yea but you can at least jump higher again lol. So yup now it's more like halo. Because of the jump. Lol. Your logic escapes me honestly.

I wish 343 would bring back the game we all love. The game we couldn't wait to play after school. The game we were addicted to. The game where everyone was even and you were matche with people with similar skill sets so you never felt out of place. The game where team work meant something. The game where you could throw some nades and kill a bunch of people. Double kill triple kill killtacular!! Remember those? How awesome that felt. And how you didn't have to play 10000 games to actually get one good one going beause every few games you played were all great. That's us what halo was. Like an arcade you could pop two quarters into and have at it. You always knew what to do and what buttons to press as if it was second nature. No matter what new halo was released you always fit into the driver seat like this was your baby. No halo 4 is foreign in so many ways and illegitimate. It's sad. It's sad to say good bye to an era.

The people who like the new direction should be in government protection because they are quickly becoming extinct.

The more I play this game the more I hear people in games complaining and hating. I don't hear good stuff from anyone really. I'd say the ratio seems to be 5:1.

The more I play this game the more sad I am to say goodbye to an era that has been truly great with halo. It's funny to hear people say reach sucked and in the same sentence say 4 is good lol. That doesn't even make sense and it explains a lot about why you even like 4. 4 took everything bad you felt about reach and amplified it by 10000. Oh yea but you can at least jump higher again lol. So yup now it's more like halo. Because of the jump. Lol. Your logic escapes me honestly.

I wish 343 would bring back the game we all love. The game we couldn't wait to play after school. The game we were addicted to. The game where everyone was even and you were matche with people with similar skill sets so you never felt out of place. The game where team work meant something. The game where you could throw some nades and kill a bunch of people. Double kill triple kill killtacular!! Remember those? How awesome that felt. And how you didn't have to play 10000 games to actually get one good one going beause every few games you played were all great. That's us what halo was. Like an arcade you could pop two quarters into and have at it. You always knew what to do and what buttons to press as if it was second nature. No matter what new halo was released you always fit into the driver seat like this was your baby. No halo 4 is foreign in so many ways and illegitimate. It's sad. It's sad to say good bye to an era.

I'd like to see comparisons of how Reach was a better game than halo 4. Please explain sir.

Also, its 2012. Almost 2013. The games you used to play were the first of their kind and of course new to the world. Thus, it was innovative and amazing during its time. If things were reversed and halo 4 was released first and Halo 2 released last. People would still have the same general complaints. I'm saying, because people of continuously been fed these new Halo titles, of course its not going to feel as innovative and amazing as when you first held the early halo titles. Just saying people speak of how amazing Halo CE was, thing is that title has been topped over and over again. THe only reason people see it as one of the best is because of the nostolgic value it has. This is what I have seen...

Quitters run rampant through the servers and ruin games.

They tried ad nauseum to get rid of quitting from previous Halos and Bungie completely failed.

As soon as a map someone didn't like was picked, they would quit and unbalance the teams. Game of Invasion often turned into (virtual) massacres

as one team could easily dominate the map.

You'd sit there saying to yourself 'I won't be a quitter' and end up with a K/D of -50 because your only spawn points are completely surrounded.

Not fun.

The eventual quit ban itself was laughable anyway - some people have lives outside Halo, where they actually have to leave suddenly or their connection drops.

Drop-in Drop-out play is the way it should be - and needs to be.

Halo 4 matchmaking is very good. I think it is better than Halo 3's matchmaking system. Not quite up to par as to what Halo 2 was, but still it has a lot of room for improvement and honestly I am excited to see what they have in store for this game. Extraction seems like it is going to be AMAZING!!

Drop-in Drop-out play is the way it should be - and needs to be.

When I first experienced this in Halo 4, I was actually really excited! The fact that drop-in/out wasn't in the other Halo games was becoming a bigger issue (at least to me). I agree with you completely on this.

I also get the feeling that it's going to take a period of time for a lot of the people who don't like the game to quit/stop complaining, and then many people who love the game will come in. What people don't realize is that this game has been out for fifteen days, made by a company who has never released a game before! I've heard lots of people saying that they are "off to Gamestop to trade it in". I feel sorry for those people. 343 will get the hang of managing multiplayer very soon, and when they do, I know that this game is going to explode!

I love the irony of complaining about reach but complimenting 4 when 4 only takes the bad aspects that people hated about reach and multiplies them tenfold.

Why was reach better? Lets start with the obvious. Weapons on the map. A simple and friendly UI / menus. Game variety. Perfect weapon balance. Teamwork encouraged. Map control essential and plausible. I can go on and on. The only difference in reach and the rest was the introduction of perks and a low jump and life damage from high places. Otherwise it was the same game! Halo 4 took perks and made them the focus. So if that was your complain on reach then now it is a deal breaker.

I also love when people say stuff oh it's a new game give it time. Obviously again people who know nothing about development. 343 had resources in money and man power that very few companies have to make ONLY halo! With those resources this game should have been tested again and again prior to release with beta testers. Instead they failed miserably in this department hence the awful multiplayer experience. They should have Been able to deliver a product with near perfection. Instead they are a million miles away from perfection. I for one would have been able to deliver a product that was both innovative and that paid respects to nostalgia. Nostalgia is something that is 100 essential in the survival of a game that has a hardcore fan base. Again this argument comes from people who seem to know nothing about the gaming industry and how it works.

• Like 1