True Competitive Ranking

Bo0gYmAn

Is the CSR for all playlists?

I hope it's introduced soon.

It's supposed to be for "competitive playlists," according to 343. I don't think anybody is sure what that really is now but I would expect the usual playlists such as SWAT, Team Slayer Pro, Team Snipers, and possibly Infinity Slayer to receive competitive ranks.

I don't see this as much of a complaint, I think he is just stating that in order for halo 4 to be continued on the Pro Circuit, or any other halos for that matter, there needs to be ranking system that is visible. Like someone said earlier if it's not visible there will be still be no incentive to use teamwork and win because it's invisible anyway.

I didn't play halo reach as much as I did Halo 3, but I did play it a decent amount of time, and I had no idea BPR existed for a long time. No one ever talked about it and obviously didn't care to ask what mine was, and honestly I don't really see the difference between the two. Hopefully this new ranking system system evolves halo for the better.

Well I would say stop thinking about the rank and why you are playing with whomever, some people are really overthinking this. 343i is not out to personally shame people individually by pitting them against "really skilled" people. You win some, you lose some. If you really feel that you can't hold your ground quite as well as before, how else would you remedy it other that by really just getting better at the game and what you can do. Not being a jerk about it but that is really what is up.

I am a casual player, but like anyone else, I have more fun when I am up than I do when I am down.

The current ranking system does appear to work, but it requires time and consistent gameplay. I've found the skill level increased in many of my games to the extent that I actually watch the post-kill replay to see what went down.

But to keep a system that tells me how I am doing and who I play against invisible (putting it on Waypoint is a moot objection) defeats the point of competitiveness.

Casual and hardcore gamers experience the game in the same way.

When i first started playing Halo 2 online and listened to the triple Beep of a respawn more often than gunfire, there was nothing more satisfying than beating someone who was ranked higher than me in a one-on-one BR duel.

Since those early days, the respawns have been few and far between, but the essence is still there. It gives me no greater pleasure to face-off against an opponent who has consistently beaten me and have my bullet be the last one fired.

Being the underdog is addictive.

Being the King lacks variety.

Us gamers have a severe addiction to numbers, something that games seem to have shied away from for the comfort of a player base who doesn't particularly care for the efforts of the developer (the casual gamer).

I have been through the spectrum of gaming. From playing seldom to playing that last game to get to the next level.

Developers have always tried to foster community in their games. In the past it has succeeded simply because the community was not painted as a uniform group. We were given numbers (levels) that differentiated us and allowed us to determine who we played with and communicate how we played the game.

I am a casual gamer and got to level 49 (Damn you 50!).

We play the game and we loose.

We play the game and get better.

We play the game and win.

We play the game.

And in the end it is us playing the game that the developer wants. 343i Keep us playing. Bring back our incentive to brag, to cry, to cheer, and to laugh. Bring back the thing that games lack. Bring back our numbers.

Yes, but when people become entitled to their opinions, it essentially turns into a complaint. It just seems people want the game tailored to their every need. Whatever happened to adaptation? Halo has to evolve, and it's fanbase does as well.

I'm not saying that I dislike any of you personally, I'm not that cynical; this is aimed at the general FPS base.

Play what you like.

...Don't **** where you eat.

No to evolution. We are actually stepping backwards. There was a time where gameplay could be fun for the casual player and for the competitive gamer. What has happened is though, is that all those casual gamers that bemoaned and whined at any point they lost a game in Halo slowly but surely began to get their way. Now you have maps that house completely randomized spawns, weapons that spawn at random times, random ordinance drops, Xp you get for just breathing on your controller, skill ranks that no one can see because their sensibilities might be offended, you are thrown into games where the match is already halfway through and forced to start imbalanced matches.

So basically, all the games don't matter now. There is no incentive to try and no incentive to ever stay in a game. You have a community of players who like yourself, who are content with running into each other and trading kills mindlessly. These players never improve, never develop the game into anything with depth beyond "I GOT 900 HELMETS AND 100 ACHIEVEMENTS WOOO". Everything is slowly becoming shallow, undeserved and cheap.

We know what we like, but ultimately the competitive community is being forced out of the newer games. Additionally your post is extremely ignorant and uninformed. I paid 80$+ Halo4, but what I got is Halo Party. I'm entitled to my opinion and "shut up and take it" is not what I'm going to do.

I am a competitive player whom happens to play actively in GameBattle's tournaments, Ladder system and local tournaments. I have also entered in a few MLG game Tournaments. Casual is not my style, competitive or go home. I just find it irrelevant to even post this since their are hundreds of topics already made up for this subject. You are spamming the forums and more less being annoying. They are bringing the ranking system back in the beginning of 2013. QUIT COMPLAINING.

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/fatal%20tnb/home/

I looked you up by the way. 3 hours of gametime in customs with slightly over a 1.0 K/D. Ranked playlists you are only a 56SR with 1.3K killed. You are NOT active on game battles with these stats, and you certainly aren't a ladder champion. That said, the fact that there are multiple posts on this forum about the CSR is a sign that something should be addressed here. If you notice the posts about the Skill Rankings, they are often well informed and passionate write ups about what's missing in their absence. Then someone like yourself, fabricates a reality that he is living in and dismisses the need without a shred of logic. People like you, the players that spend a majority of their free time on boards pretending to be subject matter experts on Halo is what is destroying the game. More and more competitive gamers are coming to boards to vent their frustration and quite frankly I won't be surprised when a majority of them just say "ah ef it.". There is a lot of closed minded people in the gaming community more than ever and it's ruining something that was once special.

• Like 1

You forgot to hence the words "Halo: Combat Evolved" when you said Halo needs to evolve...since when has it not been evolved?

I wasn't referring to the year the game's storyline actually takes place in; I'm obviously talking about the evolution of the game's engine and fanbase.

So basically, all the games don't matter now. There is no incentive to try and no incentive to ever stay in a game. You have a community of players who like yourself, who are content with running into each other and trading kills mindlessly. These players never improve, never develop the game into anything with depth beyond "I GOT 900 HELMETS AND 100 ACHIEVEMENTS WOOO". Everything is slowly becoming shallow, undeserved and cheap.

I'm already very, very content with my Halo skills. I think Onyx in FFA Arena on Reach will suffice for you. If not, my 3 50's and 2 49's in H3 will. Don't act like you know me, homie.

I wasn't referring to the year the game's storyline actually takes place in; I'm obviously talking about the evolution of the game's engine and fanbase.

I'm already very, very content with my Halo skills. I think Onyx in FFA Arena on Reach will suffice for you. If not, my 3 50's and 2 49's in H3 will. Don't act like you know me, homie.

OK? If we are measuring epeens in Halo 3 "homie" , I was a 50 in EVERY playlist. Try again.

my first account on halo 3 only managed to get a 50 in team slayer since as my first online multiplayer game i had was terrible for awhile then my friends helped me get better to attain the 50. from 45 to 50 it took a good 20-25 wins for each level but it was fun got to play and beat slayer pros. now my new accounts i was easily able to obtain a 50 in every playlist but maybe mlg. but we need a visable ranking system i have no reason to play currently once you get to 130 whats next? oh a ranking system you have to use a 3rd party program to see? no thanks . it feels like they are trying to get all the casual players in and push the people who wanted to win out. but judging by the number of people online that doesn't seem to work good.

i know there is a number on the main screen in waypoint but mine says 50 and from what im reading it seems that this is very high and i can tell you now i just aint that good i do play infinity slayer and i have a reasonable kd i think i am about 3400 kills to 2600 deaths but im new to the halo franchise (mp any way) and i have been in matches where i have been well and truly owned by guys that are alot better than me (at the moment) so am i looking at the right number or am i just such a noob i cant find my arse from my elbow

So let me get this straight there is a seperate ranking system working behind the scenes but if i go to waypoint i can see this rank? if this is the case what is a good rank and what is not? and where the hell is it?

Currently you cannot see this ranking system, even on Waypoint. It is there, and is working, and they are currently making sure everything is working properly with it, and that something in the game isn't exploiting it. If there are any tweaks to be made, they'll make them, and it's official release will be sometime in Early 2013, where it will be visible on Waypoint.