Specializations and how they work and answers

Archangel Tyrael

Specializations are basically a prestige type thing Halo has introduced into it's universe in War Games.Basically a specialization is 10 levels, and there is 8 specializations making it an extra 80 levels from 50, so 50 + 80 = 130.

Now I have gotten many private messages on xbox live and here on how they work and if I am stuck with it and etc.

Question: Are you stuck with that armor once you unlock that specialization?

Answer: No, I am not. You unlock it as you progress through the specialization and I can take it on or off whenever I please. It's just another armor set you unlock gradually.

Question: What does a specialization actually do?

Answer: Basically it either becomes a support upgrade or tactical package you can choose from in your loadout, just like ammo or mobility. You have to complete the specialization to unlock it.

Question: Do you get random skins and etc from the specializations?

Answer: No I don't think so. I think each specialization has a designated skin -- for example, Wetworks is DMR NBL (noble) skin and Operator is the Magnum STC (static). I will see If I can find a list where it lists the entire specialization skins for each primary and secondary weapon.

Question: How long does one specialization take?

Answer: I'm not sure but it's around the same time frame as progressing through 40-50 at least in the exp progression before you specialized.

If anyone else has any questions, private message me via Xbox Live or here. I will answer as soon as I can. Thanks and hope this helped!

Specializations slide show showing you the emblems, armor and weapon skin skins you get for doing a specialization:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/halo-4-specialization-weapon-skins

• Like 9

So, according to the specialations trailer that was on the dashboard a few weeks ago, we need to reach level 50 by the 20th (aka today) to become specialized... Is this true?

Oh, I really don't hope that's true? It would be a real bummer since many players, including me, have been working for just that one thing for days!

So, according to the specialations trailer that was on the dashboard a few weeks ago, we need to reach level 50 by the 20th (aka today) to become specialized... Is this true?

No, not true.

You had to play Halo 4 by November 20th for 343i to send you a code in an email on the 1st of December to unlock all 8 Specializations for availability

what if i didnt get that code sent on an email to me?? and i have reached level 50 already, im almost level 60 right now and i want to see the rest of the specializations? does anyone know what to do in this case?

343i is emailing the Specialization Unlocking codes on November the 30th via the email that is linked to your gamertag. This code will unlock the other 6 Specializations other than Wetwork and Operator.

You'll have plenty of time to get to SR-70 by the 30th.

I went Wetwork, and the armor is amazing. Love it! Can't say much about the weapon, because I don't use the DMR so I could care less about the weapon skin. When I unlock the perk that comes with it, I will be able to tell you how good the Spec is. From what I gather, the perk "Stealth" allows your movement to be quieter, and faster. You are also harder to be seen if an enemy uses Promethean Vision. Also, you execute assassinations very quickly. Hopefully it is as good as people say. So far I am only level 54, so I have a bit until I can use the perk.

I purchased the normal edition of halo 4 (reagretably) and of course the one time i decide not to purchase the legendary edition of a halo game, i lose the chance to keep leveling up. any way i am level 70 already. there was a trailer for the specializations that said "play before 11/20/2012 and unlock all 8 specializations." i've been playing the game everyday since its been out and still no sign of the new specializations. Does anyone know when 343 will be releasing the other 6 specializations.

PLEASE HELP!!!

I updated my email address today, should I be concerned the codes will go to my old inactive email? XBox Live Support staff said that codes hadn't been sent out yet and I shouldn't worry because they will be sent to my new updated email. I guess my fear is that since I updated it after Nov 20th, they might send it to my old email. Any thoughts?

I purchased the normal edition of halo 4 (reagretably) and of course the one time i decide not to purchase the legendary edition of a halo game, i lose the chance to keep leveling up. any way i am level 70 already. there was a trailer for the specializations that said "play before 11/20/2012 and unlock all 8 specializations." i've been playing the game everyday since its been out and still no sign of the new specializations. Does anyone know when 343 will be releasing the other 6 specializations.

PLEASE HELP!!!

343 originally said that the codes would arrive before November 30th, but they updated it to December 1st. So your code could arrive today, or tomorrow, or thursday friday or saturday. who knows? Only 343.

I updated my email address today, should I be concerned the codes will go to my old inactive email? XBox Live Support staff said that codes hadn't been sent out yet and I shouldn't worry because they will be sent to my new updated email. I guess my fear is that since I updated it after Nov 20th, they might send it to my old email. Any thoughts?

You should be fine. I've been checking both my old and new emails daily and while I still don't have any codes only my new email has received any emails regarding my xbox live account.

You should be fine. I've been checking both my old and new emails daily and while I still don't have any codes only my new email has received any emails regarding my xbox live account.

If I played Halo 4 before Nov. 20th, but changed my email after will i still get the 6 specialization

Someone doesn't read topics before asking previously answered questions.

PLEASE HELP!!!

343 is sending out the code to unlock the other 6 specializations on December 1st. The code will be in the email that is connected to your gamertag.