Haven... Again, and again...

BlueFuzion101

I love playing SWAT, and I love playing on Haven, but I don't want to play it more than twice in a row. It would be great if... ya know... you could back out during map voting if it is the same map again. About 10 minutes ago I played on Haven, then after that I joined a different game... Haven. Then another one... Haven. I really dislike having to jump to the dashboard and go back into the game because I don't want to play the same freaking map every time.

No matter what, even if we just played the map in the same game, I'll vote for a DIFFERENT map and majority of the time I will get outvoted, then because I voted I'm stuck in that match? If nothing will be done about this, I will continue to exit to my dashboard and re-join until I can find a game with a different map. There is no way I'm going to play one map more than twice. So it would be great if you could either allow us to leave during a map vote after we voted, or add a 'preferences' menu, so if you want to play certain maps, you could highlight all the maps you would like to play on (or exclude the ones you don't like) and it will pair you up with people who want to play on those maps as well instead of waiting for a vote hoping you will play on a map different than the one you JUST played.

Another idea is... You could simply just not allow the same map into the next vote, forcing everyone to pick a different map, I know it does that, but not often enough.

This isn't enough to make me hate the multiplayer, but it is the most frustrating thing for me...

Stop joining different games? Half the time when you do you leave the rest of the players a man short when the dodgy matchmaking system fails to fill the spot anyway. I'm the same with Complex and Ragnarok... if there's enough of us playing we usually just vote tactically to avoid them but when the rest of the room come down with some manner of incurable brain disease and actually vote for the things you can rest assured it's out of the way for a while on the playlist... assuming the room maintains enough people to keep going that is.

Okay, so my method may not be the most reasonable, but still... Something should be done about this. They should at least disable the previously played map so that it does not show up in the voting list for the next game, and make it a consistent thing. Like I said it's pretty much a group of randomly selected maps, and it's purely by chance if the vote doesn't contain the previously played map.

• Like 1

I know how you feel. I don't play a lot of 4v4 Slayer so Haven doesn't bother me, but if I play another BTB match on Ragnarok... Your idea about not including the previous map in voting is a good one. You'll probably stand a better chance of getting their attention on their official website, halo.xbox.com

The could just go back to where they pick the Map and you Veto against it onl yto be given another random map just like it was in Halo 3 .. That would solve any problems of repeating the Same map over and over again..

Also doing it in this way forces people to get better at more than just 1 or 2 maps ..

I understand your grief lol. It is in fact one of the reasons I've decided to step away from MM for a while.

The biggest problem is the map selection is crap. I absolutely don't understand how in 3 years, the map selection is so poor, decided incompetence on 343's part. Have, fortunately enough, is one of the very few that is symmetrical .... mostly anyways so I'd say just enjoy the time on the map and develop new strategies for playing the map.

Do I think your methodology is workable? Absolutely. Do I think 343 will listen .... IDK man. It's been my experience that when they do listen they somehow muck things up and do brilliant things like take out the top 3 played lists or when someone suggests tweaking the spawns on a map, they get rid of the map instead of taking the 5 minutes needed to fix it. They decidedly are NOT Bungie who fully understood that without the fan base, they cease to exist.

I've tried suggesting things in Waypoint's forums and been banned repeatedly for suggesting that their stuff wasn't up to the mark. Roll the dice, all I can tell ya.

Just another reason 343 needs to implement smaller-scale, symmetrical (or mostly symmetrical maps). It would get old playing Haven over and over, but it truly is one of the best playing maps. 343 should make more maps that follow that same design (i.e. Haven, Zealot, Midship, The Pit, Guardian, Warlock, etc.) so that players can have that exciting gameplay in a variety of maps.

couldn't agree more, upton. hopefully they can bring some of the old favorites back soon.

hopefully fuzion brought to attention the fact that it would be nice to have the veto option. but, as stated earlier, there are only five maps, and no other variants in the swat or slayer playlists meaning a veto option would only give two other choices. I highly doubt they will bring it back until there are more maps to choose from.

• Like 1

Swat used to be my favorite, most played gametype... and this is one of the reasons I almost never play it anymore. I don't like any of the maps used for swat, much less playing them twice in a row. I just kind of... tolerate it. Like, it's not fun, but I give it a shot anyway hoping that one day it will actually be fun when I do play swat.

They should at least disable the previously played map so that it does not show up in the voting list for the next game, and make it a consistent thing. Like I said it's pretty much a group of randomly selected maps, and it's purely by chance if the vote doesn't contain the previously played map.

Pretty much the perfect solution. I don't think anybody likes being stuck on the same map three or four times in a row. Reach was nothing but Uncaged, Countdown and Sword Base, and yet even that was kind of okay because it was at least rare that you got the same one twice in a row.