DMR is fine. Adapt.

Antics

Seriously i do not know what all the fuss is about. The removal of bloom has been the best thing since sliced bread.

The DMR is a skill based weapon and honestly i don't know why people come on and complain about 'not being able to poke my head out without getting shot' ... aren't we playing an FPS where that is the concept of the game?

I don't know what people are talking about that you don't have to aim this gun. I know there is a degree of bullet magnetism as there is in EVERY FPS on console but to say that you don't need to aim the gun, well how about you go out in the next game with a DMR and refuse to aim lol. I know when i miss i miss due to my aim and when i hit i hit cos of my aim, no other factors involved.

If you are basing what you are saying on killcams well then you are just silly really. Everyone knows killcams are laggy that is just a fact. I have had killcams where i am not even on the snipers screen and i die. Do i complain? No. Cos they lag, you can't take them at face value and claim the game is broken or a weapon is broken based on a laggy kill cam.

The DMR is fine, it doesn't need to be nerfed or tweaked. It is a 'precision weapon' and people are complaining cos it is 'accurate at long range'???

Seriously guys, go through the learning curve of a new game and then come back with an honest logical opinion instead of an emotional statement asking for things to be changed cos you just can't handle what is in front of you.

• Like 1

the only thing that requires skill about the DMR is getting that head shot, and with as much aim assist and the way its hitboxing works, its not nearly as hard as it used to be.

and no the concept of the game isnt to sit behind cover all day cuz we are sniping eachother.

atm the "adapt" you fondly reply with will just boil down to go dmr or go home.

the only thing that requires skill about the DMR is getting that head shot, and with as much aim assist and the way its hitboxing works, its not nearly as hard as it used to be.

and no the concept of the game isnt to sit behind cover all day cuz we are sniping eachother.

atm the "adapt" you fondly reply with will just boil down to go dmr or go home.

Here if the DMR is SO OP how about you find or build os a little AR arena and I'll use the AR and you can rape me with the DMR and we can go through all 4 variations

DMR vs DMR

AR Vs AR

DMR vs AR

AR vs DMR.

See what kind of data we get.

Here if the DMR is SO OP how about you find or build os a little AR arena and I'll use the AR and you can rape me with the DMR and we can go through all 4 variations

DMR vs DMR

AR Vs AR

DMR vs AR

AR vs DMR.

See what kind of data we get.

aww getting scared 343 will actually balance it? or sick of me posting that it needs balanced?

anyways, ill restate cuz i didnt on this thread, the DMR does not need a big nerf, a very slight one will bring it inline with other precision weapons. atm the BR kills in 1.8 seconds, the DMR 1.6 (ive seen a couple youtubve vids where AR ttk was 1.7 seconds, tho im still looking for better testing vids) (there is some decimal places in there i know). the fact taht the dmr outranges the BR while having a faster ttk even in shorter ranges is bad balance. there is a number of ways to address this.

one obvious one is slow the fire rate enough so that its ttk is about 1.8, probably should be 1.9 if you go this route. This way BR has an actual place in medium range combat rather then just being subpar to the DMR. the light rifle will still have its niche BR'esque unscoped and DMR'esque scoped. slight worse then the BR, slightly better then the DMR. the carbine possibly the most skill oriented one cuz of the ttk on it but it requiring quite a bit more aim and more shots.

now this causes a problem, suddenly the light rifle might just be a better choice for long range maps (tho it technically is already, it just fails worse in close range with the slower TTK). So instead of lowering the TTK, lets make it work more like a designated marksmen rifle. that is to say, when unscoped, give it more bloom/spread. now you still have your DMR at long and some medium ranges, but to accurately kill unscoped is going to be harder.

honeslty i think it was poor idea to give precision users 4 weapons and autos 3, not cuz i want 4 guns lol. but because if you balance around 3, then add a 4th, you run the risk of it either being too weak, too strong, or just a copy of another gun.

i doubt some people will like these ideas, or any idea that involves bring the DMR back slightly, some people have admitted to wanting there OP gun to stay.

0/10

Obvious troll is obvious.

When a guy who previously in the game cant even aim an AR properly can outgun my BR with the DMR, its not skill based. Its the Halo babies gun of choice.

it does have a fairly generous hit box but the DMR has a faster time to kill then the BR by almost .2 seconds

Seriously i do not know what all the fuss is about. The removal of bloom has been the best thing since sliced bread.

The DMR is a skill based weapon and honestly i don't know why people come on and complain about 'not being able to poke my head out without getting shot' ... aren't we playing an FPS where that is the concept of the game?

I don't know what people are talking about that you don't have to aim this gun. I know there is a degree of bullet magnetism as there is in EVERY FPS on console but to say that you don't need to aim the gun, well how about you go out in the next game with a DMR and refuse to aim lol. I know when i miss i miss due to my aim and when i hit i hit cos of my aim, no other factors involved.

If you are basing what you are saying on killcams well then you are just silly really. Everyone knows killcams are laggy that is just a fact. I have had killcams where i am not even on the snipers screen and i die. Do i complain? No. Cos they lag, you can't take them at face value and claim the game is broken or a weapon is broken based on a laggy kill cam.

The DMR is fine, it doesn't need to be nerfed or tweaked. It is a 'precision weapon' and people are complaining cos it is 'accurate at long range'???

Seriously guys, go through the learning curve of a new game and then come back with an honest logical opinion instead of an emotional statement asking for things to be changed cos you just can't handle what is in front of you.

Of course people will complain that the DMR because of its accuracy at long range, because you are forced to slap on a DMR or be forced not to play on big maps. Arguably you can use the LR maybe even the carbine but honestly the DMR beats both at long range.

Not everyone likes to use it, but the fact that they are forced to because it basically has a range of the sniper is annoying to some people.

Its not an emotional opinion it is what I have observed in my games in mathmaking.

I'm a HUGE halo 2/3 fan...I quit reach due to the battle rifle being gone and the stupid bloom. Now that the BR is back its nearly worthless against the DMR. Lets look at the PROs and CONs shall we

DMR

-shoots faster than the br.

-accells in close/mid/long range battles when it is supposed to shine in mid to long.

-if 2 people are scoped in it kicks their screen up giving them a major advantage.

-it being hitscan and only shooting 1 bullet where the br has to connect with 3 bullets gives it yet another advantage.

-the bloom doesnt even have an effect 90% of the time if any at all.

-theres more but you guys get my point and i cant think of anything bad about this gun......NOW lets look at the BR

BR

-bullet spread

-very large aiming reticle

-shoots slower than the DMR

-easier to get that last head shot but it doesnt matter if your dead already

-it does not kick up the screen if the person is scoped in being shot by a BR

-it has recoil....seriously? and the DMR still shoots faster....lol

-its a 5sk now.

ok now that i've listed a few things the only suggestion that i could make would be to lower the fire rate of the DMR making it still viable at mid to long ranges but still a beast at long range OR put the BR back at 4sk where it would take 12 bullets instead of 13. it would give the BR the advantage in closer engagments but disadvantage long range. A 4sk BR would require the person to connect with all 12 bullets from each of the 4 bursts in order to kill the DMR user. if even 1 of those 12 bullets misses due to strafing and what not...that gives the DMR more than enough chance to win that fight. SOOOOOO all of the DMR users who are crying because they dont want anything that could possibly beat their beloved gun can just shut up...and before anyone says "oh hes just another noob that wont adapt or learn to use the DMR" i have no problem playing you 1v1 anytime!!! i loved halo up until reach...

The DMR is way too OP. It's impossible to leave your base on Ragnorak because you're always getting picked off from across the map. Then the DMR outperforms the BR in close to mid range situations as well, meaning that there is no reason to choose the BR over the DMR.

but dude...the BR is EASIER to use, that makes it balanced...right?

but in seriousness i dont think its way too OP, but it does need slight adjustment.

but dude...the BR is EASIER to use, that makes it balanced...right?

but in seriousness i dont think its way too OP, but it does need slight adjustment.

Everybody says that the BR is easier to use but in my experience I don't see it. Anything somebody else can do with a BR can be done better with a DMR it seems.

It functions as it should at long range. And stays that way at any range, unfortunately. An increase in bloom during hip-fire, with decrease during scoped won't hurt. Or decreased damage all around. Decisions, decisions...

EDIT: The DMR is not a skill based weapon, sorry...

I'm so glad I found this thread! I've been preaching this to everyone who complains about how THE DMR IS SO OP OMG.

If playstyle adapts, you'll win. That's how it is in every other competitive online game in the market. Things will get buffed and nerfed, so if you consider yourself a good player, you'll learn how to compensate.

I do not see the problem with the DMR at all, 343 was brilliant in making multiple rifles all geared so that a diverse array of combat would develop, with the DMR king of long range, the carbine king of short range, and the battle rifle/light rifle proving to be the most versatile pick. I am (and always have been) a major fan of the DMR, which is kinda my whole spiel.

ok, the DMR may have some slight advantages, but theres no need to keep complaining that it is OP. If you were a smart player, you would stop whining and learn to use the DMR. If you think one is better than the other, its common sense to use the more effective one. Am I right? or am I right?

yes, the BR is a halo classic, but if its not working the way you want it to, then learn to use another weapon. Games change, its a fact. Some people dont seem to like that fact. But in nature, if you dont adapt, you die. Its a natural law thats showing itself in halo at this very moment. You cant stay attached to things forever

adapt or die....

simple as that

If the DMR was OP why would people still be using the LR, Carbine, BR on infinity slayer with positive K/D's in the post game stats? Cos everything has a counter and a smart player puts himself in good positions.

Some games i get killed more by a Boltshot than i do a DMR. If the DMR was indeed so OP, wouldn't it just be DMR fest twenty twelve online? Cos it sure as hell isn't for me.

Put me in a game of Swat and unless it is Complex i rock out the BR cos i deem it to be far superior than the DMR in a 1 shot kill scenario.

• Like 1

This!! This guy gets it!!! ^

• Like 1

This!! This guy gets it!!! ^

That he does. Especially his last statement. All the noobs scream adapt when competitive players hated Armor abilities and BLOOM in Halo Reach. Now that we have a game with great mechanics that support high end competitive gameplay they are screaming change to go back to AR fests.

aww getting scared 343 will actually balance it? or sick of me posting that it needs balanced?

I am scared that kids like you who can't even use weapons properly are going to have input on what balance means. Isn't that such an oxymoron. Doesn't know how to use the weapons. Decides how to balance them. It is like me when I first started playing halo 2 commenting on balance when I didn't even notice when they patched the BR. Are you afraid to accept my challenge of using all the weapons in an arena to see what kind of data we get? We can do it and I'll post the film from my perspective and you from yours. DMR so OP. I'll never touch the thing.