There are few things in life that upset me. Stealing my assassination is one of them.

Justin Anderson

I was playing with my good friend online in a competetive match a few days back, and it was so funny because we crack jokes back and fourth about whatever we can just to make fun of one another. We like to think of it as a tough love between two long time friends. Anyways, he was talking trash about all the kills he was finishing for me as I just sat their and racked up the assists, until nearing the end of the game when he was just beginning the assassination animation I popped up and killed the guy he was assassinating with my Assault Rifle. IT WAS HILARIOUS! haha. And for the record, I may have come off like I am one of those guys who "Yoinks" kills but I assure you I do not ever do this unless it is intended for a funny purpose.

Wow you guys really need to tone it down here. I strongly believe this original post was not intended to be of utmost gravity. No, I'm pretty sure the original poster does not actually see Halo 4 assassination steals as a real issue in his life. He is simply using a figure of speech. These exist in language, believe it or not.

Justin Anderson is just like you. He is a player expressing an opinion, a very valid opinion, if you ask me. The point of this topic was not to prove that assassination-stealers are jerks or that assassination-stealers are not being team players or vice versa. The real POINT, is that Assassination animations are REALLY COOL, as they should be, and stealing them is simply a BUZZKILL. That, I am pretty sure, is something no one can disagree with. Who cares about whether it is better to shoot at a different enemy or to ensure a kill, that is definitely NOT THE POINT.

Let's not get carried away with fighting words now.

Wow you guys really need to tone it down here. I strongly believe this original post was not intended to be of utmost gravity. No, I'm pretty sure the original poster does not actually see Halo 4 assassination steals as a real issue in his life. He is simply using a figure of speech. These exist in language, believe it or not.

Justin Anderson is just like you. He is a player expressing an opinion, a very valid opinion, if you ask me. The point of this topic was not to prove that assassination-stealers are jerks or that assassination-stealers are not being team players or vice versa. The real POINT, is that Assassination animations are REALLY COOL, as they should be, and stealing them is simply a BUZZKILL. That, I am pretty sure, is something no one can disagree with. Who cares about whether it is better to shoot at a different enemy or to ensure a kill, that is definitely NOT THE POINT.

Let's not get carried away with fighting words now.

There is no fighting going on here, if there was Myself, a Mod, or another Trusted/Dedicated member would've handled it.

I was playing with my good friend online in a competetive match a few days back, and it was so funny because we crack jokes back and fourth about whatever we can just to make fun of one another. We like to think of it as a tough love between two long time friends. Anyways, he was talking trash about all the kills he was finishing for me as I just sat their and racked up the assists, until nearing the end of the game when he was just beginning the assassination animation I popped up and killed the guy he was assassinating with my Assault Rifle. IT WAS HILARIOUS! haha. And for the record, I may have come off like I am one of those guys who "Yoinks" kills but I assure you I do not ever do this unless it is intended for a funny purpose.

Forth* Learn how to spell before you post.

It also sounds to me like your friend is much better than you and you took his assassination just because you were jealous of him.

People like you ruin halo.

It can be a bit annoying when someone takes my assassination, but i'm only mildly annoyed when it happens. In the end its still a point for my team. No sense getting pissed about it.

Sometimes I will take a teammates assassination, but that's only when I've been shooting someone, and I get them down to one shot, and then a teammate jumps in from behind them and starts assassinating them. Then I'll just take my last shot and keep my kill.

Justin, You would give a player bad reviews over a few forums posts. Not only are they just forum post, but they are in response to a topic that was posted on a PUBLIC domain. Forums are sort of like Facebook, if you post something opinionated and arguable then you will most likely get a reply that you could either agree with or disagree with. I posted an opinionated statement that you carried out of hand. Who cares if someone stole your kill, you reporting the gamer for it will do nothing except get you banned for false reporting. This topic got a little TOO heated, I will admit I posted some useless and un-needed posts on here. But, I will agree we ALL dropped to that level. Immature, I know. So I am KINDLY asking for all of us to move on with this and forget about it. Sound good? In all reality it is all in the perspective of any given gamer to voice their opinion on different matters. As seen here. So go on about your life.

Hey Fatal didn't reply forgot to reply the other night probably better because in my time away i got over it :P sorry for accusing you of being a selfish assassination stealing lowlife :P (may not of said that but i did imply it) and sassing on your KD a little im sure you are a good player and i commend you on your team goal focused approach.

If you would like to play with me sometime i am up for that i think you would find i am a good team player lol

No hard feelings Love Zedman

Also sorry for the trolling i was just in one of those moods (you all know what i'm talking about)

Honestly, it annoys me when people steal assassinations. Not to the point where I rage out, but I do roll my eyes and say "Really?"

I love getting assassinations. I've got between 600 and 700 in Reach. Humiliating an enemy that wasn't paying enough attention is the most fun that I've had without lube.

The main reason it bothers me is because it means my teammate is a ******. If it's accidental, I get that and don't mind it, but when my teammate spawns next to me right when I trigger the assassination and walks over and yoinks me instead of going to look for the enemy team, plain and simple that means that he's not a team player and should be playing Regicide. When I get intentionally yoinked in a game, and then a short while later end up surrounded by enemies and get assassinated without the enemy getting yoinked, that bothers me. It means that regardless of whether or not my team is winning, their team is more of a team than mine.

I'm a team player. I'm the kind of guy who when I see my teammate and an enemy fighting and I'm behind the enemy, I'll trigger an assassination so that my teammate can get the kill. I've got 380 assists and 10 wingmans or so, so it obviously doesn't bother me. I also don't boot for accidental betrayals.

However, when someone is trying to steal my assassination and betrays me, I will boot the living hell out of them. And if someone yoinks me more than once, I'll be more than happy to follow them around and give them a wingman spree. If assists shouldn't bother me, it shouldn't bother them either, right? :troll:

• Like 3

love getting assassinations. I've got between 600 and 700 in Reach. Humiliating an enemy that wasn't paying enough attention is the most fun that I've had without lube.

fuck-that-bitch-scared-yao.jpg

Anyways, I also hate this. I think it has only happened to me once though. I was assassinating some guy that me and a team mate were both moving after. My assassination was the first move at even hitting him, so I wasn't stealing the kill. It appears as he is going to walk away as he walks a few steps ahead. But then he decides to turn around and kill the enemy guy....

Forth* Learn how to spell before you post.

It also sounds to me like your friend is much better than you and you took his assassination just because you were jealous of him.

People like you ruin halo.

HAHAHA! Remember that, A7X?! =D

Oh my, that was freaking awesome.

I know this thread is over, at least the entertaining part before everyone became friends, but I thought I could add something.

But if you steal my assassination and you are on my team, just know that you literally took my favorite piece of candy away from me, while I was gleefully directing it towards my face hole. :(

From my perspective, you can do two things that are reasonable, you can feel bad about not getting that candy, or you can say to yourself, **** happens, and go get more candy :laughing:

For unreasonable things to do, you could hire a private investigator. Then once you find them....

Also, assassination can be strategic, it prevents the enemy from respawning until the animation finishes, if you think that instant respawns are unfair that is, which I don't. Showstoppering by sticky detonatering a teammate and telling them to run into a room full of enemies backwards, is more fun then an assassination, just fyi.

I only made up three words for this post :turned:

I know this thread is over, at least the entertaining part before everyone became friends, but I thought I could add something.

From my perspective, you can do two things that are reasonable, you can feel bad about not getting that candy, or you can say to yourself, **** happens, and go get more candy :laughing:

For unreasonable things to do, you could hire a private investigator. Then once you find them....

Also, assassination can be strategic, it prevents the enemy from respawning until the animation finishes, if you think that instant respawns are unfair that is, which I don't. Showstoppering by sticky detonatering a teammate and telling them to run into a room full of enemies backwards, is more fun then an assassination, just fyi.

Done that. Even had my teammate scream "ALALALALALALAALA". lmao We've also done it with ghosts, mongeese, and even warthogs.

While it can be annoying when your own team steals your assassinations, what helps is if you simply take a look at it from their point of view. There can only really be 3 reasons why a teammate stole your assassination.

1. Accidental. Sometimes these things just happen, he is just about to shoot the guy or he throws a nade in the direction of the guy not realising you are about to assassinate him etc. If this is the case then there is no point getting mad because he didn't mean to.

2. He feels it was his kill. In other words, he drops the guy to no shields then you start assassinate him, in this situation i usually feel that it is acceptable for him to take the kill if he choses to do so.

3. The guy is a jerk and is simply doing it to annoy people or because he needs to get a good K/D to feel good about himself. Again, there is no point in getting worked up about it. It is likely that the guy is a loner in real life, with few or no friends and has no real skills in life or a good job and feels miserable for most of the time so he comes onto halo and tries to make people miserable to because "why should he be the only one who is unhappy?" right?...

In all 3 cases there is no point getting worked up, and as always, never feed the troll. If you react to him stealing your kill, then sometimes he will continue to try and follow you and steal more of your kills and annoy you through out the game.

My best advice though would be to find some people you enjoy playing with and try and play as a party as much as possible, that way there is less chance of getting a jerk on your team.

Wow i never though of that you have blown my mind ;P i will now be focusing all my energy on attempting this with teammates when i get a stick detonator :P