The boltshot.

Kiing 0f Coffe

Everyone saying that this weapon ISN'T OP is right....But everyone saying that this weapon IS OP is right... For all the people that say "don't charge" "you can hear the boltshot charging up" "Stay out of melee range", Makes me laugh so hard...First off, it can kill you farther than melee range and if it doesn't, your shields are down to one shot and just is an easy clean up kill. Second...don't charge is just stupid advice, i understand not charging because the enemy has a powerweapon like rockets or something. But not charging because the enemy has what EVERYBODY can put in there loadout anytime is kind of retarded. And for the hearing the boltshot charging up, it doesn't matter if you hear it when your face to face with your opponent >.> If 343 really wants to keep this weapon in the game, they need to make it an ordnance drop, or make it a power weapon spawn. Not for everyone to have a GODLY like close-range weapon to use whenever they want.

And please don't reply saying that there are ways of countering it, because i've heard it all and it is really annoying to hear something so stupid as "Just don't charge". We shouldn't have to worry about something like this. People barely get Gun battles anymore at close range because of that dumb weapon. They just pull it out and BOOM, your dead. PLEASE 343 take this gun out. I honestly can't have fun with this game right now because of this weapon. More and more and more people are starting to use it, and it is really frustrating.

And for all the people that don't think its OP are the ones that actually use it or haven't played multiplayer enough to realize how frustrating it is.

And a last thing...If someone possesses a gun that can 1 shot kill you, then its a (POWER WEAPON) like a shotgun or a scattershot from close range...If someone possesses this gun (boltshot) at all times, what's the fairness in carrying around a "shotgun like" gun at all times? Please read that last sentence and THINK how much sense that makes. It's true. We shouldn't have to adapt to something that you can easliy fix..

• Like 1

If the boltshot only took shields then there would be no point in using it over the plasma pistol.

I thought the boltshot would be more like a heavy revolver, slow firing hard hitting but not much ammo. INSTEAD, the bolshot's standard shot is the weakest of all the pistols.

I would make the charge up shotgun blast use up an entire magazine.

I would make the charge up shotgun blast use up an entire magazine.

You don't understand...It doesn't matter if ammo is taken off of it, or that it takes more ammo in the clip to use. YOUR NOT GONNA MISS WITH IT. It's during a close range situation that someone boltshots you and you can't do anything about it. Ammo has nothing to do with it. The damage will still be ridiculous and everyone will still continue to die to it. It needs to be nerfed or just taken out. If you carry a weapon that can kill someone in one shot...I'm pretty sure that's called "power weapon", not "default weapon anybody can use". Everybody shouldn't be able to use it anytime they want LOL. I also think putting it as an ordnance drop or making it spawn on the map is fine. But just as long as no one can just have it anytime they want.
  • Like 1

I do see your point that it is kinda ridiculous that a starter weapon is capable of an instant kill. I have not encountered the boltshot as a problem in wargames but the more I think about it. You are right Shnuggles21. The weapon's really only competitive roll is to rush people charge and get the instant kill. I like the conept of the charge up shotgun blast but having it be an instant kill is too much but i still don't like just taking shields because then it is just a crappy plasma pistol.

So Boltshot I don't know what to do with you.

ok sure a well timed and aimed bolt shot blast can kill you at close range. but its rather easy to avoid if you are aware of your surroundings.

1. bolt shot is completly useless at long range

2. you can see everyone on your radar. and with the promethian vision ability you should not ***** about people hiding, if its that big of a concern to you then use promethian vision. dont come online to ***** about it.

3. if you dont have a CQC weapon like a sword or shotgun why are you getting into a enemy's face so they can bolt shot you?

4. seeing as all loadouts also include a weapon with a longer range than a boltshot why dont you use it when you see them coming as i already made it clear that if you dont suck at the game you should know where people are.

so as i see it the boltshot is mainly for dealing with noobs or people who charge in like idiots, as any intelligent person should be able to deal with it rather well as i do.

Im still yet to die from this thing, Ive even survived it point blank for my attacker to receive a shotgun slug to the chest. Its really not that OP and anything outside its minimal range will most likely survive. Besides its got horrible single fire accuracy and damage. Well moderate at best.

• Like 1

Hahaha it really doesn't matter what you guys say if you come on here and keep saying it's not OP and you can deal with it. Because just like me, and PLENTY of other people that have to deal with this are very annoyed by it. I obviously know not EVERYONE is gonna have this problem, because they would've fixed that by now. But the people that wanna say it's not OP and everything else. I respect you're opinion and know where you're coming from. But the fact of the matter is, Why is someone able to carry around a weapon that can kill you in 1 shot at close range (longer than shotgun range) at all times? Nobody has ever seen that in Halo and why should it start now? I DONT CARE if it is still in the game, but don't make it a loadout weapon so everyone can use it whenever they want. I understand the gun but not everyone should have a mini shotgun in their pocket all the time. >.>. But I could care less if they take it out or not. I'll just play MLG when it comes out and have fun with that :)

• Like 1

I don't know what you guys are talking about with it not being OP. The Boltshot beats the hammer, sword, scattershot, and ties the shotgun. I'd call that overpowered considering the fact that you can spawn with it. The melee is a lost art because of this gun.

i dont know what your talking about, it never beats the hammer, sword, scattershot or shotgun assuming that the user is not a idiot. i got killed with a boltshot while using a close range weapon ONCE. then i realized "hey, its kind of stupid to just charge at people like a mindless lemming when i have a power weapon" was never killed with a melee range power weapon by a boltshot again

ok sure a well timed and aimed bolt shot blast can kill you at close range. but its rather easy to avoid if you are aware of your surroundings.

1. bolt shot is completly useless at long range

2. you can see everyone on your radar. and with the promethian vision ability you should not ***** about people hiding, if its that big of a concern to you then use promethian vision. dont come online to ***** about it.

3. if you dont have a CQC weapon like a sword or shotgun why are you getting into a enemy's face so they can bolt shot you?

4. seeing as all loadouts also include a weapon with a longer range than a boltshot why dont you use it when you see them coming as i already made it clear that if you dont suck at the game you should know where people are.

so as i see it the boltshot is mainly for dealing with noobs or people who charge in like idiots, as any intelligent person should be able to deal with it rather well as i do.

The shotgun is completely useless at long range. The scatter is completely useless at long range. The sword is completely useless at long range. The hammer is completely useless at long range. The boltshot is completely useless at long range. Scatter, Bolt, sword, shotgun, hammer, 1-hit at close range. You can only start with the boltshot. It is a shotgun! Of course it has weaknesses you idiot! I get in their face because I have an assault rifle / storm rifle / supressor/ pistol / any other CQB weapon. I get in their face to mele them! " Just use promethean vision and nothing else DERP!" You idiot, whats the point of the other armor abilities then? If I always have to use Prom. vision because of the threat of a boltshot? "But but....... IT has a Charge up!" A very fast charge up yes. "Well your just bad then!" All of those boltshot spammers are bad and dumb if they think it is balanced. And FYI the thing has a larger range than the other shotguns. " Well the other loadouts have larger range! Just stay away JEEEEZZZZZ" Yep, i'll stay away when I have an AR, "But the AR is so nooby! Any good player shouldn't have one!" Any good player shouldn't have the boltshot either, and the " stay at long range" smart (BLEEP) remarks are so dumb. There are numerous amount of corners in Halo. A large portion of Halo in 1v1 combat is getting in the guys face. When you see the radar you don't know if he has a boltshot. The boltshot is Op because of the element it brings to the game. It is like in MW2 when people camped with shot-guns. You couldn't help but be killed by those guys. The only way the boltshot could be balanced in its current state is if all of the maps were just an open field. Who wants to play on an open map all day long? Also, who wants to only use Promethean vision when there are plenty of other cool armor abilities in the game. Also, don't cry when this gun gets nerfed. Its better for us and for you to not be able to spam the thing all game long!

The shotgun is completely useless at long range. The scatter is completely useless at long range. The sword is completely useless at long range. The hammer is completely useless at long range. The boltshot is completely useless at long range. Scatter, Bolt, sword, shotgun, hammer, 1-hit at close range. You can only start with the boltshot. It is a shotgun! Of course it has weaknesses you idiot! I get in their face because I have an assault rifle / storm rifle / supressor/ pistol / any other CQB weapon. I get in their face to mele them! " Just use promethean vision and nothing else DERP!" You idiot, whats the point of the other armor abilities then? If I always have to use Prom. vision because of the threat of a boltshot? "But but....... IT has a Charge up!" A very fast charge up yes. "Well your just bad then!" All of those boltshot spammers are bad and dumb if they think it is balanced. And FYI the thing has a larger range than the other shotguns. " Well the other loadouts have larger range! Just stay away JEEEEZZZZZ" Yep, i'll stay away when I have an AR, "But the AR is so nooby! Any good player shouldn't have one!" Any good player shouldn't have the boltshot either, and the " stay at long range" smart (BLEEP) remarks are so dumb. There are numerous amount of corners in Halo. A large portion of Halo in 1v1 combat is getting in the guys face. When you see the radar you don't know if he has a boltshot. The boltshot is Op because of the element it brings to the game. It is like in MW2 when people camped with shot-guns. You couldn't help but be killed by those guys. The only way the boltshot could be balanced in its current state is if all of the maps were just an open field. Who wants to play on an open map all day long? Also, who wants to only use Promethean vision when there are plenty of other cool armor abilities in the game. Also, don't cry when this gun gets nerfed. Its better for us and for you to not be able to spam the thing all game long!

Omg I love you dude! Someone who actually gets it! Thank you!

Its a great little gun.

Corrected that for you. I love the little *******. Its always fun to make noobs rage quit because they are still stuck in the old "rush with AR then melee" mindset. Games change, people need to adapt or go play something else. Not much point coming to a COMMUNITY forum to cry about their fails.

Here's a free tip for y'all: use holograms to flush out the boltshoters. They will waste half a clip and overheat the gun if you just use a little caution and send in a decoy before heading in to cqc areas.

Good because most noobs can't tell if it’s a hologram, but i sometimes use thruster pack to evade the boltshot, you can dodge one of the shots(you have to time it right), but i mainly use promethean vision to see what weapons I’m up against. you could also try hard light shield.

no the gun should be added as an ordinance drop, just like the needler’s ordinance settings. so they have the same spawn chance.

Corrected that for you. I love the little *******. Its always fun to make noobs rage quit because they are still stuck in the old "rush with AR then melee" mindset. Games change, people need to adapt or go play something else. Not much point coming to a COMMUNITY forum to cry about their fails.

Here's a free tip for y'all: use holograms to flush out the boltshoters. They will waste half a clip and overheat the gun if you just use a little caution and send in a decoy before heading in to cqc areas.

What if I don't want to use hologram. Question, why would they make one gun dominate all of the primary assault rifles? Why would they make it easy to access. It would be fine if it wasn't so easy to access.

What if I don't want to use hologram. Question, why would they make one gun dominate all of the primary assault rifles? Why would they make it easy to access. It would be fine if it wasn't so easy to access.

Then use promethian vision. But what if you don't want to use promethian vision? Then use hardlight shield. Don't want to use that either? Then stay the hell out boltshot range and quit complaining. I have no problem with the boltshot because it is easily avoided using many different tactics. I've probably been one shotted by this weapon twice, possibly thrice, in all the matches I've played. I really just don't understand peoples rage...

Then use promethian vision. But what if you don't want to use promethian vision? Then use hardlight shield. Don't want to use that either? Then stay the hell out boltshot range and quit complaining. I have no problem with the boltshot because it is easily avoided using many different tactics. I've probably been one shotted by this weapon twice, possibly thrice, in all the matches I've played. I really just don't understand peoples rage...

As I have said, there are numerous corners in this game. You can't play on Adrift and not be in a tightspace. You don't understand, your treating this gun as if it is a powerweapon. No, this gun gives people advantages

that belongs solely to powerweapons. What guns do you use? I am curious.