Why are we fighting the elites?

Darren Colquhoun

After completing the game I still have no idea why I'm fighting elites. Did I miss something or did the game not clear that up at all what so ever? All I was told was that a lot can change in 4 years, and that was the end of that.

Can anyone clear this up please?

thanks

Apparently these covenant are a storm faction that still believe in the Great Journey. That's what I heard.

Apparently these covenant are a storm faction that still believe in the Great Journey. That's what I heard.

Pretty much this. The story is really covered in a new trilogy of books bridging Halo 3 and Halo 4, like how the First Strike novel bridged Halo: CE and Halo 2. The first of those novels is Halo: Glasslands, and the second is Halo: The Thursday War.

• 2 weeks later...

After completing the game I still have no idea why I'm fighting elites. Did I miss something or did the game not clear that up at all what so ever? All I was told was that a lot can change in 4 years, and that was the end of that.

Can anyone clear this up please?

thanks

You are fighting elites because the "NEW Covenant" has formed (Elites, Hunters, Jackels and grunts). Basically The Covenant break do to the prophets being fake, Elites (Sangheili) kill all the prophet race (San 'Shyuum) and the brutes basically run away out of the picture. Basically the elites don't know what to do, there whole lives as all warriors. That means no farmers, scientist, on and on. So in the end Part of the elites deside to believe in the gods and so so set out to find them (the ones you meet in Halo 4) while another group of elites led by the arbiter tries to rebuild the elite society.

While anyone can enjoy Halo, the books really build the story and add more to the game. Highly recommend grabbing a few of the halo books. You will not be disappointed.

• Like 1

You are fighting elites because the "NEW Covenant" has formed (Elites, Hunters, Jackels and grunts). Basically The Covenant break do to the prophets being fake, Elites (Sangheili) kill all the prophet race (San 'Shyuum) and the brutes basically run away out of the picture. Basically the elites don't know what to do, there whole lives as all warriors. That means no farmers, scientist, on and on. So in the end Part of the elites deside to believe in the gods and so so set out to find them (the ones you meet in Halo 4) while another group of elites led by the arbiter tries to rebuild the elite society.

While anyone can enjoy Halo, the books really build the story and add more to the game. Highly recommend grabbing a few of the halo books. You will not be disappointed.

This.

what is a Schism?

A rift or rupture (physical or ideological) often as a result of a diatribe, or disagreement, between two or more parties.

Think of how many different forms and takes on Christianity there are. Once back in the past there was some discord within the church and then boom... they split into two groups. Same thing happened with the elites.