BR needs to be 4 shot to be balanced vs DMR

Xyos

Right now the DMR just dominates the BR at range. BR has a better chance at mid range, but DMR is just too powerful. The battle rifle takes longer to kill someone compared to the DMR. I like the DMR how it is, but the BR needs to be 4 shots to kill in order for there to be balance between them.

Link to a post detailing gun kill times and statistics:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/10039-brdmrcarbine-kill-times/

Why CAN'T you have two main rifles?....I mean wasnt that what the carbine and the br were in halo 3?...As i recall the carbine could still 4 shot...people just used the BR more..So i fully agree that the br needs to be 4 shot. How could they say the BR is "back" and it is nothing like it was before..

Just make the DMR shoot slower. It would still dominate long range, but close range it would be a tossup if it shot same/slower than the BR. It does not really make sense that a long range rifle shoots faster than a mid range burst weapon. That will then make you choose between shooting faster and playing closer or slower and playing out longer. As it is now BR vs DMR at any range loses, where it should be close mid br wins long / long mid DMR wins. I dont thin making the BR 4 shot will balance anything. The br already does decent with 5shot, but it needs a buff for sure that or the DMR needs to be toned down. 1 rifle should not own all ranges. Having more of a short / mid gun and a Long range gun will also make loadouts more useful. Right now I am only using 1 loadout. Dmr

• Like 1

Why CAN'T you have two main rifles?....I mean wasnt that what the carbine and the br were in halo 3?...As i recall the carbine could still 4 shot...people just used the BR more..So i fully agree that the br needs to be 4 shot. How could they say the BR is "back" and it is nothing like it was before..

I think it was a 5 shot, but you could shoot it more quickly to make up for that.

Carbine has always been 7 shot, but it is dead accurate, and you can fire it very quickly.

DMR can 5 shot, is accurate, but has the bloom so you have to pace your shots.

BR has been 4 shot, you can shoot them in succession quickly and be accurate. Now that its 5 shot and less effective at long range, it loses to the DMR unless your at mid/close range and even then its a toss up.

I feel if the BR was 4 shot and MAYBE slow its fire rate a hair, the weapons would all be balanced. Right now I feel Carbine and DMR are obviously better choices compared to BR.

I actually prefer the DMR being better in long range and the BR better in mid range. Plus if you can land solid headshots the BR is far more effective than anything else in mid range combat.

I like the balance they have.

And I prefer the Light Rifle anyhow. I just don't like the name. What does a rifled barrel help with a beam weapon?

DMR is better at range, sure, but in mid it's an even matchup and in CQC the BR usually wins out. At least in my experience so far. That's why I have a class with DMR and a class with BR. For the larger maps I pick the DMR, but for smaller maps I go with the BR. Been working for me. Maybe you should try it.

I will never lose to a BR if I have the DMR, sorry. Maybe you fought bad players or ones that cant aim. bottom line is that DMR currently kills in the same amount of shots , but shoots faster. Range does not change this fact. The only advantage the br has is for swipe shooting kill jacks. 1v1 any range DMR wins. Saying that the BR is better at mid and close range is just trying to make them sound balanced, when they are not. A minor change to 1 gun will change it just enough to give each a purpose. Right now the only purpose of taking a BR is that it looks sick and makes me miss the good old days of H2.