Highly disappointed with H4

cbr

I have played for a few hours and im up to 25 in matchmaking and at the part in infinity on campaign. First the menu suckswhen compared to Reach or H4, matchmaking is less Halo and more COD now. With weapon loadouts, instant spawns, players can leave or join match it feels exactly like im playing COD. Matchmaking now is just chaotic as there is no learning the other teams strategy or seeing who their strong players are. There is no point because the entire game can change as 1 or 2 people leave and new players enter. Instant spawn needs to go away, I dont know how many times I spawned only to watch my body still falling to the ground and quickly take out the person that killed me. The graphics seem weak as well in matchmaking. Ranking system sucks I can get 25+ kills and only be 50 points above a guy that got 10 kills if that. I can see already rank once again means nothing. As in Reach you can receive awards in matchmaking for just standing there.

On to campaign the first part felt like CE with the whole damaged spaceship part thats a little weak 343. Once I started playing I noticed the graphics just were not what I expected at all. Compare H3 and H4 the part where you are in the jungle, look at the water take a few steps and fire some rounds into it. Also look up at the sun through the trees I feel as if H3 pulled it off better. The sound effects feel off or strange in H4 an example would be what they did to the warthog, I use to love driving it now I cant stand it. On the subject what in the hell did they do to the banshee? Try to do a loop or backflip and it looks just stupid. Or that scene with the ghost that has your shields down to gain speed but you are going as slow as can be. They killed the sniper rifle it just sounds strange now. The in game music is horrible compared to CE and H3. Which i dont understand because the CE remake had wonderful sound effects. The in game music is horrible compared to CE and H3. The campaign just doesnt have the same feel as H3 did, I felt immersed in the game with H3 not so much with H4 as I quickly became bored.

To me it feels like the quickly tossed a campaign together hoping to make it up on matchmaking. Which by looking at the numbers or lack there of playing I dont think it will happen. I can see it already that Spartan Ops will be a pay to play deal very soon which will be a huge mistake.

• Like 3

The graphics are beyond weak compared to a game that came out in 2007. The ranking system is a joke im 29 right now and barely played the game. It is just like a blue vs red version of COD. Yes you can spawn right next to your body as I know where the shot came from I can quickly finish off the kill I have done it several times now.

The campaign is just generic and poorly put together. Look at the number of people playing I dont think it ever even broke 300K

I agree that the campaign (so far) is not very good, but I have only played for about 90 minutes, then I gave up. I am really dissappointed with H4. It just feels wrong. I think it is rubbish. I am a bit gutted as I was really looking forward to it. Reach and H3 are so much better to play. Sorry 343 - it stinks.

The campaign is awesome but the matchmaking is complete ****! I spawn in front of team mates in vehicles and I "Apparently" commit suicide. The fact that people just join the middle of a game is just bad. I join a few games in the ending 5 kills on the losing team. This causes my stats to look stupid. The fact that no lives who play the game 24/7 and do not go to school (some might not even work) can unlock stuff before the rest of is just really bad. I walk around holding a carbine while people walk around with that light rifle (promethian weapon). Ordance drops just completely destroy the BTB experience. There are lots more I have not mentioned, my school period is just about over. But most of all the feeling of the game "Halo" has disappeared. When I play... it does not feel like i am playing halo anymore.

I have to agree with OP. The matchmaking is nothing like Reach. They used to even go to the extent of punishing you for leaving a game, but now everything is so flexible that by the end of the game, you're versing a whole different team. The concept of a loadout, perks and killstreak rewards makes me want to kill myself. The ranking system isn't too great either, I was hoping for a Halo 2 style ranking system, but as usual no one cares about skill and levels, it's just about a constant 2,000 game grind to the highest level.

Also, not entirely sure what it is with the graphics but they don't seem up to par. The campaign is really short but at least it's pretty fun. Based on stats, you can polish off the campaign co-op with a friend in under 5 hours.

Come on people lets not be to hard on 343 this is their first entry into the halo universe give them a chance to get the feel of what the players expect, actually I think the graphics are very good and some complain of sounds of vehicles and gun fire, how many of you have actually fired a weapon under various conditions like jungles or open spaces I will let you know it won't sound the same. I only play single player campaigns never multiplayer to many cry babies so I would like to see more content devoted to the single player campaigns and I have been playing video games for over 20 years should have seen the graphics then.

I personally couldn't be happier with Halo 4. To say the graphics are worse than Halo 3 is something I just don't get. Except for the Master Chief's model, Halo 3 has not aged well. The level of detail in the character models is far higher than it was in Halo 3, and the facial animations are much smoother.

I also think the campaign is one of, if not the, best in the series. It took me about 7 hours 33 minutes to solo it on normal, and I remember thinking on a number of occasions that the firefights I was getting into were particularly intense. Much more than those in Halo 3 and Halo 2. For me, Halo 4 is exactly what I wanted it to be. The same, but different. :)

I do agree though that the multiplayer user interface is flat out broken compared to Halo: Reach's. It is anything but user friendly.

• Like 1

Not to give anything away but the ending was a joke come on 343. In campaign the AI is nothing like Reach or even H3, I played through on legendary in about 4-5 hours. The knights would just stand there and let you take them out with no problem. In Reach and H3 they would take cover and try to flank you.

As far as graphics they look ok at first but get up close and have a look compare piloting a ghost in Reach to H4 really take a look around. You have to be blind to not notice the graphics in matchmaking they just look strange almost flat....load up reach and compare it to H4. The weapon effects do sound better but I prefer the sniper sound in the CE remake far more. One question why does the warthog sound like a lawnmower now? The campaign just feels empty and repetitive....with run here activate that go to that platform which is exactly like the one you were on activate again....then repeat again. This campaign was the worst in the Halo series, I had a better time playing ODST even with all those flash backs.

Matchmaking has a totally different feel for me than H3 or even Reach. With H3 it was all skill because each person had the same weapons and the same chance to obtain power weapons. Reach felt unbalanced. Ill give 343 credit with what they did by balancing the AA. If someone is using camo you switch on promethean vision but you glow red while using making you a target. The BR is more or less useless as a DMR will win every time but they make a great combo. Promethean Vision needs to have limited range though as you can own a map using it. It almost feels like im cheating sometimes.

Here is my loadout

DMR

BR

Promethean Vision

Firepower

Awareness

Cannot tell is serious or trolling

The graphics are better in H3? you must be smoking some good stuff cause thats no way true. Everything else is your opinion and i will not argue with it. But as a fan of halo for many many years, i think this is the best HALO yet.

As for matchmaking being more like CoD, its true its got load outs and point streaks, but nothing breaks away from the fact it plays out exactly like HALO should, and with AA and the weapon set ups they have made a more balanced game, and not full of people shotting eachother to get a sniper rifle, like so many past years.

• Like 1

Take an honest look at the graphics in the first scene of H3 honestly look around step into the water watch the ripples while you do listen to the audio, look up at the sky through the trees towards the sun. Now compare to the jungle scene in H4. Load up Reach/H3/H4 and look very close at objects look at vehicle damage detail, 343 used much weaker graphics rendering software. Reach had far better graphics without a doubt

It is clear they are trying to copy COD with weapon load outs and kill streaks. Now is that a bad thing? Well it depends on if you like COD or classic Halo play.

It is clear they are trying to copy COD with weapon load outs and kill streaks. Now is that a bad thing? Well it depends on if you like COD or classic Halo play.

I immensely prefer Halo to Call of Duty, but I love the changes 343 has made to the multiplayer. It's kept it from becoming static and stale, ironically, like CoD has become.

• Like 2

You have to be trolling, the graphics are the best that the 360 has probably ever produced. Its actually a staple in graphics for the 360 and is widely respected already.

I dont know if you just dont like HALO4 so your attacking it at all sides or you have a real fact to point out.

http://www.gameranx.com/img/12-Mar/halo3-vs-halo4.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6325/cortanacomp.png

http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Halo-4-MC-comparison-armor.jpg

They actually built a whole new gaming engine for this game, the people look real, the water close up? really thats your defense of graphics being bad. The water is fine, the jungle and atmosphere is better than ever

• Like 1

Come on just look at the graphics in matchmaking you cant tell me something isnt right there? Honestly look at vehicle damage as I said or look really close at objects they lack detail. Sure the cut scenes look great but im talking about actual game play. Look at the textures of objects up close, in Reach and ODST the actual metal plates on ghost, warthogs, wraiths showed scratches along with general wear in great detail.

Point streaks arent the same in HALO and CoD.

You only get a weapon to use, or a small powerup. In CoD you get a AI controller killing machine for the most part. You can always shoot someone with a nice ordianance and take it, making it not exactly like CoD.

Load outs are the same, but many games use load outs to customize your character. It makes it feel like YOU and plays to YOU. Extra personalization in HALO isnt a bad thing. Are you mad everyone can run too ?

The multiplayer looks great, Reach looked cartoony with everyones head on fire or storm clouds surrounding them. Halo 3 was more serious looking than Reach but it wasnt that great with details. I actully see way more in H4 than any other HALO, in both Campaign and Multiplayer.

I really dont understand what your seeing. Maybe you should go make some screen shots and show us by using the file share system

• Like 1