Halo 4 Forge DLC

Mrirish963

ok i wanted to send them and email to talk about this maybe but here seems good as any.

what does the idea of having future dlc for forging, when i fist heard halo 4 was going to have forge i was really happy. that was me and my friends biggest thing in halo reach. oh man halo 4 forge it will be way better, with way more building blocks and new interface features to make it eaisier to build.

Don't get me wron i like the new fetures and i love that most of the old blocks are still around and with the new look with every level, but i wanted more. so i put up the idea of future dlc for mor buildings, blocks, and etc. More natural blocks please!. even if about 10-20 blocks for every map but included with the map dlc we know will be coming out in the future.

This matter would really impact my outlook on the forge as a whole because right now forge isnt really impressive to me. For a new game the updates are not that great, yeah the new shadows are great and trait zones are cool and 2 of the 3 forging world are really great (except Ravine...) but i wanna get creative, not just build the same old maps with some new attachments.

How do you guys feel about this i would really like to know if im the only one or not?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not just a remake of forgeworld though but a whole new orginal map just as big as forge world,

Oh and fix fileshare, zombies mode, give us a hornet, and a bigger budget, that be cool to

Bungie said that Forge World was over the top, especially when you have maps covering the ENTIRETY of the map. I'm not going to argue with the file share, but there's already Flood, if that's what you're on about, if you're on about something like BO2, then go get BO2. Halo was never intended to be a Science Fiction Call of Duty, even if it does feel that way now. Hornet would require a colossal amount of coding and disk space taken up, plus the maps are barely big enough for a Banshee, what's putting a flying tank going to do to help? Also, balancing issues come into that. Finally, it seems that you do not grasp the concept of a budget. Look it up in a dictionary, then appreciate why it's whatever it is.

I didn't like Halo 4's Forge at the start, but once my friend and I started forging more and more, we started to learn little tricks ourselves on how everything worked, and came out with a pretty great map. The only thing that bugs me is that you can literally break the lighting engine if too many objects are placed on the map (especially "Impact" items). There is already a budget to work around, so why make us work around a lighting engine?

Anyway, back on topic. I do agree with you. More blocks/items would be wonderful. I've noticed that in Halo: Reach & Halo 4, Bungie/343i has given us a couple of main maps to forge on, with tons of items. Then the rest of the maps have nothing to use. I'd like to see some creations on maps other than Impact and Erosion.

I think 343i is doing a wonderful job with dynamic lighting and all, but we need more.

• 2 weeks later...

The only possible DLC I could see that's practical is new forge environments. I doubt it'll happen seeing as they've already laid out all their plans for DLC, but I'd love to see a snow canvas to forge on. They could even have the objects have snow on them once placed using the same texture mapping that they have in use with the rocks on Ravine.

• Like 2