Issues with the Banshee

Fernin

I've yet to use the banshee in multiplayer, but so far through single player I've noticed odd things about the banshee that I find make it frankly highly unenjoyably and frustrating to use. They are as follows.

1: So far as I can tell there is no way to hover or stop moving in the banshee. This causes issues of course with ground targeting but more frustratingly it makes the Banshee difficult and awkward to land with any degree of precision, not to mention it often results in said banshee sliding off a cliff/bridge/tower/etc. Did no one in the covenant consider that someone might actually want to land one of these things from time to time? =0

2: Limited angle of attack. As I recall the banshee in the previous games could be flown at much steeper angles (including straight up and down in CE) than the H4 banshee. The arc the banshee can fly in along with its wide turning radius make it frustrating and cumbersome to fly, particularly with the 3rd issue I'm about to list.

3: The AI obeys none of the rules that are forced on players. So far I've seen AI banshee's hover, turn on a time, and come at me from angles straight above and below. They seem to be far more agile and not at all limited to the same handling characteristics as the player's banshee. On higher difficulties this is highly frustrating, and I would even go so far as to call it cheap as it makes air to air artificially difficult when the AI can literally fly circles around a player banshee.

This is really my only major issue with H4 so far, otherwise I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. I just feel that on this particular issue the ball was dropped.

Thoughts? Opinions?

first of all, banshees do not hover. They can slow down to extremely low speeds, but they would never hover. Also, i'm pretty sure banshees have not been able to go strait up and down in the more recent halos.

For your issues with the AI doing these things, its probably just the angle that you have been looking at them. The slightest angle can be very decepting if you dont have a good view, and things may look different than they actually are

• Like 1

You must be new here. In halo you can fly aircraft, different then just gunning aircraft in CoD huh?

Don't be a jerk.

I agree the banshee does feel a little weird. It also comes out of emps very quicky as you had described. I also do not care for the new banshee bomb sound. It is shooting a ball of super heated plasma, not a grenade.

• Like 2

You must be new here. In halo you can fly aircraft, different then just gunning aircraft in CoD huh?

Funny you should mention that, as I've not played a CoD since the first MW, and as far as vehicles are concerned I've been playing flight sims for quite a while. Which thinking about it is probably part of why the Banshee's handling irks me so much. Modest try though, I give your post a 3/10.

@

Victory Element

You could Hover in CE by holding back and aiming down slightly, and for that matter you could move at any angle. Basically all I want is the HCE banshee back then I guess. X3

For your issues with the AI doing these things, its probably just the angle that you have been looking at them. The slightest angle can be very decepting if you dont have a good view, and things may look different than they actually are

The AI has been able to outmanoeuvre the player in terms of Banshee control since Halo 3 - have a look at the ones near the start of 'The Covenant', just after you get into the Warthog, to see what I mean.

I did notice the Banshee felt a little different this time around, though. A bit 'heavier', so to speak - it turns less quickly and over a wider area, tricks and rolls are less effective and take longer, and generally moving around a lot more slowly than it used to. I'd like to see a minor speed buff, at the very least - right now it feels a tad underpowered, though I suppose that's to make up for the extra health it has versus small arms (something I really don't miss for Reach).

Don't be a jerk.

I agree the banshee does feel a little weird. It also comes out of emps very quicky as you had described. I also do not care for the new banshee bomb sound. It is shooting a ball of super heated plasma, not a grenade.

Don't be a jerk.

I'm not being a jerk, I'm showing him passion.