Halo 4 Ending (Spoiler Alert)

Broken_Arrow

Halsey erased the forerunner data and put in her own information. I'm not entirely sure, I just know she's a forerunner AI, the Didact says it on the mission Midnight near the end.

Could you find that quote for me as I have not heard it, or at least I dont remember it.

I know the Forerunners had their own AI's that run their armor which they called Ancilla. Perhaps that was what he was getting at as the term AI probably is just a human thing.

Could you find that quote for me as I have not heard it, or at least I dont remember it.

I know the Forerunners had their own AI's that run their armor which they called Ancilla. Perhaps that was what he was getting at as the term AI probably is just a human thing.

I can't find it, but I do remember him saying something like 'Why are you doing this, you were designed to destroy them' (not entirely sure about that quote.) and then I remember Cortana saying "I'm not doing it for them." (or something along the lines. I'll have to check.)

No cortana is not a copy of Halsey's brain, she was a forerunner AI, the structures custodian.

Cortana was created by humans (to be specific, Dr. Halsey) using a clone of Dr. Halsey's brain.

The Didact called her an "advanced Ancilla" because Ancilla is their word for "smart" AI's like Cortana. And she is "advanced" because he had not expected humanity to have Ancillas at that point in time. I also think it was more of a shoutout to the Gravemind in Halo 2 and 3 (What are you hiding from me? lol)

• Like 3

Cortana was created by humans (to be specific, Dr. Halsey) using a clone of Dr. Halsey's brain.

The Didact called her an "advanced Ancilla" because Ancilla is their word for "smart" AI's like Cortana. And she is "advanced" because he had not expected humanity to have Ancillas at that point in time. I also think it was more of a shoutout to the Gravemind in Halo 2 and 3 (What are you hiding from me? lol)

Then how come I read she was a forerunner AI? Also explain why the Didact says to her "Your compassion for mankind is misplaced" and Cortana says back "I'm not doing this for mankind."

Thats what I thought, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Then how come I read she was a forerunner AI? Also explain why the Didact says to her "Your compassion for mankind is misplaced" and Cortana says back "I'm not doing this for mankind."

Where are you getting she's a forerunner AI? I know what conversation you're talking about too. It was one of those "Why do you what you do when all is lost?" types. I included the all is lost part because he pretty much almost killed us all. She wasn't doing it for mankind.

She was doing it for Master Chief. All of her rampancy reminds me of the contact harvest book when the two AI (the cowboy and the uptight one) fell in love and they like "merged" before their whole system crashed to try to save the planet. Her behavior is what reminds me of those two.

I never hear the Well part, but that might be in the subtitles, never less my discovery could lead somewhere.

I doubt you're right but I know what you mean when you listen to it the 'come' sounds separated but it still sounds like 'wel' to me. I'll upload a vid in a min, so we can work it out cause "welcome home John" never made any sense to me...

Yeah sorry but this is fairly conclusive proof you're wrong :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvJOoQCfUGU&feature=youtu.be

Edited by TheTallSpartan

Where are you getting she's a forerunner AI? I know what conversation you're talking about too. It was one of those "Why do you what you do when all is lost?" types. I included the all is lost part because he pretty much almost killed us all. She wasn't doing it for mankind.

She was doing it for Master Chief. All of her rampancy reminds me of the contact harvest book when the two AI (the cowboy and the uptight one) fell in love and they like "merged" before their whole system crashed to try to save the planet. Her behavior is what reminds me of those two.

I asked my halo friends about it, they said Cortana is a forerunner AI. She used to be the Librarians AI, she gave Bornstellar a clone of Cortana. Back on in Reach, if you played it, on The Package you see Halseys lab with Cortana, Halsey dug up Cortana as a Forerunner artifact, She had a blank image portayed. All AI's are based off people famous in the UNSC, Halsey was pretty famous at the time so she used some of her DNA to make Cortana project an image. Halsey wiped out most of her data, and put in UNSC data. Which this is after when the Gravemind made Cortana rampant and told her who she originally was, again, the Librarian and Bornstellar's AI.

The Librarian is dead in this game, she has been before. So I stand corrected on all my posts on Cortana.

i do remember from the books that cortana is based on forerunner ai tech and created using a clone of halseys brain- but i was refering to the "final stasis" ??? part of your earlier post fishy

Read the post above me.

I asked my halo friends about it, they said Cortana is a forerunner AI. She used to be the Librarians AI, she gave Bornstellar a clone of Cortana. Back on in Reach, if you played it, on The Package you see Halseys lab with Cortana, Halsey dug up Cortana as a Forerunner artifact, She had a blank image portayed. All AI's are based off people famous in the UNSC, Halsey was pretty famous at the time so she used some of her DNA to make Cortana project an image. Halsey wiped out most of her data, and put in UNSC data. Which this is after when the Gravemind made Cortana rampant and told her who she originally was, again, the Librarian and Bornstellar's AI.

The Librarian is dead in this game, she has been before. So I stand corrected on all my posts on Cortana.

Read the post above me.

You, my friend have not read the books and if you have you have completely rewrote them in your head. Cortana is Not a direct decendent Ancilla of the Foreunner era. She IS based of off forerunner ideas but is not forerunner. If you read Halseys Journal you can read about her creation and how she is purely synthetic and not biological in anyway. her entire structure was a blueprint of a clone of halseys brain. She cloned her brain not because her brain becomes cortana but because scanning the brains pathways destroyed the organ.

Im sorry but your friend do not have the facts and you do not have the sources.

• Like 3

You, my friend have not read the books and if you have you have completely rewrote them in your head. Cortana is Not a direct decendent Ancilla of the Foreunner era. She IS based of off forerunner ideas but is not forerunner. If you read Halseys Journal you can read about her creation and how she is purely synthetic and not biological in anyway. her entire structure was a blueprint of a clone of halseys brain. She cloned her brain not because her brain becomes cortana but because scanning the brains pathways destroyed the organ.

I've read Halo Evolutions and that's it so far I can get my hands on. But I do believe I was thrown off by when in Reach when Halsey said "Custodian AI". My friend might be mistaken. I will have to ask my true halo friend who knows everything about Halo.

Thank you friend. She's the smartest of all the AI's, but she isn't based off of any forerunner technology. She's based off of Halsey's. I went back to halopedia. I haven't read evolutions or the new series, but Cortana is definitely human technology based. The reason she was on Reach was to study the artifact, but because bungie made a canon contradiction since chief during the time you spent on reach had Cortana in his head jumping over pelican rockets. The reason Cortana was able to be on Reach was because it was said the "gather and research" part of her was on Reach studying the artifact and the rest was of her was with chief. Then when you got to Pillar of Autumn she was brought back together as a whole thanks to the player.

I've read Halo Evolutions and that's it so far I can get my hands on. But I do believe I was thrown off by when in Reach when Halsey said "Custodian AI". My friend might be mistaken. I will have to ask my true halo friend who knows everything about Halo.

If you can't pick up any of the books that talk about her creation halopedia is a great resource.

That was meant to be Cortana at the end of Reach, but that ending isn't considered canon. 343 chose to use fall of reach as their back story.

Nope. Cortana was made from Halseys brain. It's true that there is some forerunner data in her, but she is human made. Ancilla is the forerunner word for A.I. so when Didact called her that, he just meant A.I. And she is definitely not copied from the Librarian.

That was meant to be Cortana at the end of Reach, but that ending isn't considered canon. 343 chose to use fall of reach as their back story.

Everything in Reach was considered canon... So that kinda cancels out the book.

Nope. Cortana was made from Halseys brain. It's true that there is some forerunner data in her, but she is human made. Ancilla is the forerunner word for A.I. so when Didact called her that, he just meant A.I. And she is definitely not copied from the Librarian.

Well thanks for clearing that up for me, the Librarian is dead. So I don't think that she could bring Cortana back either way..

She gave Bornstellar a clone of Cortana? WHAT? Bornstellar is the Didact, the one we fought in the game.

I'd like to see the source of the underlined part.

And no you don't stand correct on all your post on Cortana. Actually, non of your post is correct.

Read the books, because 343i is pretty much attached to them.

I think "they" (most likely Halsy) will make a new cortana for John for the upcoming games, because she (Cortana) said something in the campaign about how even if they tried to fix her or re-create her , it wouldn't be her, it would be a different version of her. That just means they could replace her if John really wants to. Then again they might not because he would not want to build another relationship with a different version of Cortana. I dunno, I guess we will have to wait and see.

P.S. did anyone else see the original Legendary ending of Halo 4, the epilogue video prelaunch? At least when I beat it on legendary, it didn't show on my video. I dunno why.

Anyway, they show Master Chief's Face, from above the nose to about halfway up the forehead (Wrinkles below his eyes, Dark eyes, can't tell if they are brown/blue/green, and I think brown/black hair because his eyebrows were dark, not white hair)... So as of now all we know is that he is a Caucasian older looking man, looks middle aged.

They (343i) for some reason took out that last scene from the game after Launch. The part where Chief is getting his helmet removed, they go straight to black screen instead of showing his face. I wonder why they did that? Anyone else know what I'm talkin about?

Found it on youtube:

They (343i) for some reason took out that last scene from the game after Launch. The part where Chief is getting his helmet removed, they go straight to black screen instead of showing his face. I wonder why they did that? Anyone else know what I'm talkin about?

You mean the non-legendary ending?