banned for playing game early even tho told by xbox i would be fine and safe. not fair

srdgold

i recently bought halo4 tonight at my local supermarket obv by a slight mistake on ther end, i had a look on forums and googled if it would be ok and safe to play the game as i bought it legitimate i got mixed views on forums wich give plenty of uncomfortble answers so i dialed xboxlive support explaind the situation. asked n repeated number of times if it was definitely ok to play the game and she informed me i would be safe to play and wouldnt have any problems playing this game and if i did i would have to ring back up and give ref number (1187130153) she put notes on account saying that i WOULD NOT RECIEVE ANY ENFORCEMENT ACTION FROM PLAYING HALO 4 EARLY.. wich i didnt find out till later on about these notes also she did put me on hold as she says she had to speak to licencing or something then she came back and was totally positive of me playing the game..

3hours or so passed i got a message on xbox saying halo 4 is no longer available online and that i have been banned.

i go straight on to xboxlive support chat the agent confirms this that i have been banned for playing halo 4 even tho clearly by notes i was promised that i wouldnt have a problem after a long discusion on the matter he said "we have no way to reverse that ban unfortunately".

one of the biggest games of the year and i am banned from all of its features because i was told n promised it was ok to play am being punished for someone else's mistake or mixup i originally rang xboxlive support to make sure it was defo ok to play and to inform a got the game early ect by far i thought ringing xbox itsself would be the safer option of something like this hapining. im devestated and upset of this whole mix up i dont think its fair. can it be reversed or even on game release day? so i can proceed with the game that i bought full price for and play with my friends? the agent was very sorry and couldnt consider any further options than to apologise to me and said himself on the information (notes) on my account and what he's heard and the very unique situation that i shouldnt be being punished for it. am asking you please is there anything u can do to reverse this or put me on again even if it is on release day a dont care a dont want to be banned from this game. i am very upset with all this, i rang xbox to make sure something like this wouldnt happen and if i was told diffrent i wouldnt have played it please reply asap and i also have a copy of whole convosation with the 2nd agent if you need a copy i will email it too you on request thankyou is ther someway u can help this situation 343 and get me un banned so i can place this again on release day??

I hate to be the **** on this one, but you should have used common sense first and foremost. Despite what any hourly low wage glorified receptionist tells you.....you should have known better as a non-licenced authorized cleared entity to play it early. It's your fault you were stupid enough to not realize that you made a poor decision. Furthermore...you purposely went in looking to buy it early and now you want to cry foul because you think the blame is not to be layed on you at all?

• Like 5

I hate to be the **** on this one, but you should have used common sense first and foremost. Despite what any hourly low wage glorified receptionist tells you.....you should have known better as a non-licenced authorized cleared entity to play it early. It's your fault you were stupid enough to not realize that you made a poor decision. Furthermore...you purposely went in looking to buy it early and now you want to cry foul because you think the blame is not to be layed on you at all?

That's liquid nitrogen cold, man. :no:
  • Like 3

i actually went into store to buy asasins creed3 but they had ran out of stock then lady said theres plenty copys of halo 4 a fort jackpot any1 would a checked online got mixed answers so i rang and she said i wouldnt have a problem i understand i should have twigged on but to be honest a fort confirmation of xboxlive support would have been enuf for me or any1 to play it

i actually went into store to buy asasins creed3 but they had ran out of stock then lady said theres plenty copys of halo 4 a fort jackpot any1 would a checked online got mixed answers so i rang and she said i wouldnt have a problem i understand i should have twigged on but to be honest a fort confirmation of xboxlive support would have been enuf for me or any1 to play it

There is only two ways that the auto-ban system would have nabbed you.

1. You tried to play online matchmaking without proper permissions (which anyone could have told you to play offline)

2. You got your copy of Halo 4 from a torrent and played it on a modified console.

Either way, while I do sympathize with you, it is your fault. And the only way to fix it, like I said before, is to call the same number that you called before and talk to them about it. If M$ bans you, only M$ can unban you. If it was a mistake on their end, they will unban you. I suggest you have your proof of purchase ready as well.

wow, that crap.

I really do feel sorry for you, i really do.

Just a note, play offline and that's it.

NEVER, EVER, PLAY ONLINE BEFORE GAME IS OFFICIALLY RELEASED.

EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER.

Unless you begin working for the company that made it
  • Like 1

Try getting back online. Major Nelson posted on his twitter that there was a mistake and EVERYONE was banned today but that it was fixed by this evening. So I would suggest getting abck online and seeing if you can play again.

Here is Major Nelson's post:

Halo Waypoint@HaloWaypoint

The banning issue was resolved at 6PM and pre-release traffic has returned to normal. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

i recently bought halo4 tonight at my local supermarket obv by a slight mistake on ther end, i had a look on forums and googled if it would be ok and safe to play the game as i bought it legitimate i got mixed views on forums wich give plenty of uncomfortble answers so i dialed xboxlive support explaind the situation. asked n repeated number of times if it was definitely ok to play the game and she informed me i would be safe to play and wouldnt have any problems playing this game and if i did i would have to ring back up and give ref number (1187130153) she put notes on account saying that i WOULD NOT RECIEVE ANY ENFORCEMENT ACTION FROM PLAYING HALO 4 EARLY.. wich i didnt find out till later on about these notes also she did put me on hold as she says she had to speak to licencing or something then she came back and was totally positive of me playing the game..

3hours or so passed i got a message on xbox saying halo 4 is no longer available online and that i have been banned.

i go straight on to xboxlive support chat the agent confirms this that i have been banned for playing halo 4 even tho clearly by notes i was promised that i wouldnt have a problem after a long discusion on the matter he said "we have no way to reverse that ban unfortunately".

one of the biggest games of the year and i am banned from all of its features because i was told n promised it was ok to play am being punished for someone else's mistake or mixup i originally rang xboxlive support to make sure it was defo ok to play and to inform a got the game early ect by far i thought ringing xbox itsself would be the safer option of something like this hapining. im devestated and upset of this whole mix up i dont think its fair. can it be reversed or even on game release day? so i can proceed with the game that i bought full price for and play with my friends? the agent was very sorry and couldnt consider any further options than to apologise to me and said himself on the information (notes) on my account and what he's heard and the very unique situation that i shouldnt be being punished for it. am asking you please is there anything u can do to reverse this or put me on again even if it is on release day a dont care a dont want to be banned from this game. i am very upset with all this, i rang xbox to make sure something like this wouldnt happen and if i was told diffrent i wouldnt have played it please reply asap and i also have a copy of whole convosation with the 2nd agent if you need a copy i will email it too you on request thankyou is ther someway u can help this situation 343 and get me un banned so i can place this again on release day??

I am sorry for your friend. However, it's on you because you took the risk by playing the game before it's scheduled release. Microsoft has been cracking down on people doing that, unless it is being done for review purposes. The reason for this is because Halo 4 was leaked and people have been playing pirated copies of the game.

As stated above, all you can do is take legal action against the store in which you bought it from, or at least report them to Microsoft. They are not legally allowed to sell Halo 4 before it's release date. Mistake or not, you need to report them before they sell more copies to unsuspecting gamers who could, in turn, become banned for playing it early.

You should also check with customer support and see if it's just your account that got banned, or if it's your entire Xbox 360 console that was banned as well. If it's just the account, then you can make a new Xbox Live account. Granted, you'll have purchase Gold again. But it's worth it if you can do that.

Harsh reply hes just a fan who bought a game early, everyones eager to play I've had my copy pre-ordered since the LE announce in May. Last few days I got emailed my pre-order bonus codes, since then I've checked each day to see if its PRODUCT IS NOT YET DISPATCHED status as change,

I've heard rumors of a few big chains dispatching the game earlier than they should have done, surely its as much their faults as the eager consumer.

im back on now guys :) aparantly all over twitter that they banned every1 and was a technical error and ther working on the problem..... a switched xbox on n everything seems to be ok so happydays and am sure they wont ban me again a mean twice on ther befhalf wont go down very good

my heart skipped a beat and am soooo ******* lucky

The only way you're going to get your privileges back is if you keep calling Xbox and be persistent. Annoy them if you have to, you have a right to at this point. If you call with an attitude then people will start listening, cause they don't want to start losing customers, especially if you weren't actually in the wrong.

And in response to an earlier post, don't listen to him... it wasn't you're fault. You clearly called up Xbox and they told you in confidence that you would not be banned. It was still risky, but that's their fault, not yours.\

EDIT: Oh ok, good XD