Halo 4 Tritton Trigger headset review

buffy the spartan buffalo

i have just gotten the halo 4 tritton/madcatz trigger headsets. i have playtested them for about 3 hours and i give them a 4/5

PROS: Great in game and party chat sound

cool design

sturdy and flexible

comfortable ears

great flexible and senstive mike

CONS: It is a wired headset so the wires often tangle

sort of confusing voice and chat control

annoying to first set up

so all in all it is a great starter mike that is two steps up from the 20 microft ones and for a good price.

• Like 2

Thanks for the hands-on review! I have actually been anticipating an actual review from a member about it's fuctionality. Could be a nice addition to a Halo fan that wants all things Halo, lol.

I do have a question though about the price of the wireless version. I have seen the Warhead version retailing for $300, where do you get that they sell for $500??

Just curious. Thanks again for the review!

Correction...to the other members claiming price of the wireless is $500, where is this price listed?

Sorry buffy!

thanks, now we have someone with an opinion, if more people agree with you. You'll be a helpful member :)

thanks

What makes them annoying to set up?

for me it was a hassle to take out my xbox and plug it in and at first the in game sound and voice volume was so low it was almost unhearable but after a minute or two i did somethng with my xbox and they were fine. but also great headsets i reccomend them!

thanks

for me it was a hassle to take out my xbox and plug it in and at first the in game sound and voice volume was so low it was almost unhearable but after a minute or two i did somethng with my xbox and they were fine. but also great headsets i reccomend them!

yeah I heard stting up the chat settings was a hassle and changes depending on the game you are playing...but idk if that ture or not

yeah I heard stting up the chat settings was a hassle and changes depending on the game you are playing...but idk if that ture or not

it was a hassle initially but now i have no problems with the chat or game volume and i have played two different games and intend to play skyrim on it. but anyway the only difference with halo reach and another game was with the other game the music was louder and i couldnt hear the footsteps that much but that was true with the game before i got the triggers so for me not alot of change between games.

it was a hassle initially but now i have no problems with the chat or game volume and i have played two different games and intend to play skyrim on it. but anyway the only difference with halo reach and another game was with the other game the music was louder and i couldnt hear the footsteps that much but that was true with the game before i got the triggers so for me not alot of change between games.

Hmm interesting...well I will have to keep an eye out. The only thing I dont like is the fact that it is wired...I only use my mic to talk to my friends and I have the MW3 Microsoft wireless headset and I love it. It is simple and wireless lol. If these were wireless than I would get it in a heartbeat