Can you utilize the Hard Light Shield to effectively hijack vehicles?

Echo

My idea was, could I sprint toward a vehicle that's facing toward me, jump and activate the shield to hit the vehicle safely and gently bounce off, and THEN be in perfect distance to hijack them?

I say this because I'm on Reach and I just sprinted toward a ghost and was about to hijack it but he JUST barely got enough speed to kill me from the collision. I'd love to be able to sprint and just use the hardlight shield instantly to make him perfect for hijacking.

Nope...the hardlight shield will not protect you from a vehicle coming at you, especially if they are boosting. The hardlight shield is only meant to stop gredaes in front of you and infantry fire. Rocket launcher, fuel rod etc. and vehicles will destroy the shield and kill the player.

Nope...the hardlight shield will not protect you from a vehicle coming at you, especially if they are boosting. The hardlight shield is only meant to stop gredaes in front of you and infantry fire. Rocket launcher, fuel rod etc. and vehicles will destroy the shield and kill the player.

thanks Tallgeese. I was wondering if the hardlight shield would protect players from vehicle splatters

thanks Tallgeese. I was wondering if the hardlight shield would protect players from vehicle splatters

Haha nope...I tried it a coupole of times at SDCC..once was a head on with a warthog and I died...the other I was clipped by a ghost and I still died, the vehicles pop the shield....really the hardlight shield is only good against infantry fire.