Mantis not as OP as we may have thought

Tallgeese

Thanks for the info. Nice find. :D

Did anyone else notice that you can call in gravity hammers for ordnance??? THAT IS AWESOME :D

Yeah I noticed that too...too bad we cant customize our ordinance drops. Its random every time depending on the map. The only constant is that it has a grenade, a power up, and a power weapon. If we ould customize, it would be bad, everyone would have the Binary Rifle or something to one shot kill whenever they got an ordinance.

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed that too...too bad we cant customize our ordinance drops. Its random every time depending on the map. The only constant is that it has a grenade, a power up, and a power weapon. If we ould customize, it would be bad, everyone would have the Binary Rifle or something to one shot kill whenever they got an ordinance.

Actually you can customize ordinance, but I'm not sure if its just in certain modes or what. There's an interview with that one guy from 343i about it. :)

343 said that you can't get a Binary Rifle in ordinance. You have to find one if it spawns on the map.

343 said that you can't get a Binary Rifle in ordinance. You have to find one if it spawns on the map.

Well thats good...not like it matters cuz we cant customize ordinance anyways lol

Actually you can customize ordinance, but I'm not sure if its just in certain modes or what. There's an interview with that one guy from 343i about it. :)

Yes you can customize Ordinance in Custom Games, but you can not customize Ordinance in War Games. You can customize your loadouts but not the ordinance drops, those are random and change depending on the map and the gametype.

The thing can shrug off a direct lazer blast so yea, in the right hands and with the right enemies the thing could easily go 30-0. (K-D)

One lazer blast yes, but so too can a Scorpion now...one lazer no longer kills the tanks, unless you hit it right down the middle or driver section (which in that case only the driver would die and the tank would be fine.) After the initial hit of the lazer, the Mantis' shields take 7 seconds to recharge, thats 2x as long as infantry shields. Now put someone with operator in the mantis and it will be beast

Yes you can customize Ordinance in Custom Games, but you can not customize Ordinance in War Games. You can customize your loadouts but not the ordinance drops, those are random and change depending on the map and the gametype.

Ohh I see, that's better anyways I suppose. I could imagine how crazy things would get if it were any different

• 3 weeks later...