How do feel about CTF changes in 4

Ember132

4. Flags can't be dropped intentionally

5. Flags are picked up by walking over them, not by pushing a button

That's 2 major changes you forgot.

And since these changes are so significant, i won't form a full opinion until i've actually played it.

I'll just say that i really enjoyed CTF in Halo 3 and Reach and that i liked flag juggling.

1. I like that you can only use the pistol. You aren't overpowered, but you also aren't completely helpless to attackers that aren't right in front of you!

2. This is also good. I like it when you're able to travel faster; you aren't a sitting duck.

3. Flagassasinations? That's just an awesome addition.

Overall, awesome changes in the CTF gametype. It leads to a much more fast paced game, which I personally enjoy.

• Like 1

1. I like that you can only use the pistol. You aren't overpowered, but you also aren't completely helpless to attackers that aren't right in front of you!

2. This is also good. I like it when you're able to travel faster; you aren't a sitting duck.

3. Flagassasinations? That's just an awesome addition.

Overall, awesome changes in the CTF gametype. It leads to a much more fast paced game, which I personally enjoy.

i agree

well maybe flag dribbling will stop lol cause it gets annoying to hear, "Flag Dropped" "Flag Stolen" "Flag Dropped" "Flag Stolen" A billion times haha

your right flag juggleing was the mos annoying thing ever. i also like that now when the flag is dropped it hs a timer on it not the whole standing on it waiting for the bar to go up this will make deffending it or recapturing it more exciting.

Only problem with it is that you can't drop it. This eliminates some shortcuts you could take, such as dropping the core off the edge on the spire.

That worries me for other games. The gametype that will replace invasion...will it be significantly changed? Will we get to drop the "core" or whatever we carry, if we carry anything?

At least the Oddball and bomb aren't glued to your hands.

I think you guys are looking past one of the main reasons that can easily explain away all this. Flag juggling and flag bouncing via explosions was a very annoying thing that we dealt with in Halo 2 thru Reach. Nothing is more annoying than killing someone just after he drops the flag on purpose, and an explosion bounces the flag a bazillion miles towards the base.

Couple juggling and all that, and you have fail. Another reason is to force the teams to actually work as a team. How many times in the past, was is easy for a team to compound the base with vehicles while the enemy escaped? Then just when you get thru a tele or whatever, the flag carrier drops the flag turns and swords you. The point is, making the flag carrier forcably carry it at all times, makes it more important for teams to actively cover and work together more...not just random let me slip inside and if I get to juggle it or pull weapons I will be fine.

I think these changes will be for the best, but again we will have to wait and see.

• Like 4

I agree with you that flag juggling was annoying. But say you were playing ctf in hemorrage in reach all you needed was 2 people in about

any vehicle in the map and as soon as you got out of the base and into the vehicle you basically had a free score. Now it seems easier to

do this in 4. Now that you can assassanate with the flag shoot will carrying the flag and can get out of there base faster. But of course we

won't now how easy it will be to do this until we actually get to play the game. Also i cant wait to be able to throw the grifball or the oddball down the map, seems more like football and whoevers got the bomb is the quraterback! Jets Jets Jets!!!!