Halo 4 Forge World(s) Hopes

DoctorB77

Hey guys. I first want to thank you all for making so many good threads in this forum section. You have all made some good discussions and have brought up some great ideas. But above all of these great ideas is of course the canvas in which we will create our art. I have heard rumors that there will be 3 different "Forge Worlds" which will feature differnet climates. Of which I think we can predict would be a dryland/desert climate and a snow/tundra climate along with the fertile and oceanic forge world we have previously seen at RTX.

The past forgeworld was amazing as we looked "Beyond the Canyon" with the Red vs Blue cast. However as we grew furthur into our map building we found that building onto the land formations given to us proved very difficult for larger maps. Many of us resorted to building completely floating maps with whatever building parts that we could scrap together under our somewhat low budget.

I am glad to hear we are going to get a larger budget in Halo 4 but I am really hoping for some more usable land formations. The only flat "land" was a small area on the top of the collisium. Some of us had to build into the collisium but it had an extremely dark lighting and it had no normal terrain to use. I can not really convince anyone how important the natrual terrains will have to be in Halo 4. But these terrains if included will change our look at forging in general and we can move away from just floating metallic maps.

• Like 2

Bungie about Reach: "You now have $10,000 to spend in forge world. That's a good bit and should be a nice budget for all. You also can place a lot of each piece. We don't mean 50 pieces under the wall category, we mean 50 wall doubles, 50 walls, etc."

Me Before Release: "Awesome! I can now make a BTB map without using the crappy ground for my base!"

Me After Release: "You give us $10,000, but everything is four times as expensive, and you lied about the number of objects. q.q"

343i should not do that to us. They actually haven't even told us all the items we can use. Technically, they haven't lied!

• 2 weeks later...