2 Tips for all you bloom haters

Destyran

duh i mean without bloom its pretty much a 5 shot sniper DUH.......

Nothing wrong with that. Every Halo game has had a dominant precision weapon. Kill times for 5 shots wouldn't be drastically reduced, and the NR/Magnum would still be able to combat the DMR at their respective ranges.

Im pretty sure the magnum has no bloom andyeah i know its better in close range but the dmr will rape if you can stay at medium range: DMR > Sniper at medium range. DMR > magnum at medium range

Are you kidding? The magnum has crazy amounts of bloom. It's only effective at close range because of this. DMR vs Sniper at medium range is a toss up, and really depends on how you define medium range. Also, after one body shot the person with sniper would pull out their secondary weapon to clean up the kill in a typical matchmaking game.

The True Skill system is not nearly as flawed as people say. People believe that they are all entitled to a 50; this is not the case. Only the best became 50s, and those who were rank locked in the 30s were stuck there for a reason: because that's their True Skill.

So you saying people who got boosted there or let someone else do it, meant that they were legit 50s who were good?

btw, by the end of halo 3 (even actully before that), rank meant nothing, because practically everyone had a 50, deserved or not

So you saying people who got boosted there or let someone else do it, meant that they were legit 50s who were good?

btw, by the end of halo 3 (even actully before that), rank meant nothing, because practically everyone had a 50, deserved or not

No one who got boosted to 50 ever played on it in ranked. They'd be slaughtered, lose it immediately, and be taunted by everyone in that game. Thus, fake 50s hardly affected matchmaking.

And rank in Halo 3 does mean something. All good players have 50s, but not all 50s are good players.

but the 50 was to easy to get with a new acount we can get for new accounts right now go play ranked swat and go up in skill by 5 until were 50

and can we please lock this thread

If you're good enough to go undefeated all the way to 50 then you deserve the 50. Also, you're grossly exaggerating how easy it was to get a 50.

COD has bloom. Halo has never had it and shouldn't have it now. So many people who are good can be killed with a 5 shot spam. Bloom tells you to slow down your shots to encourage more COD kids to play reach. Halo is great without bloom because it makes you land all of your shots, instead of 4 pulls to the body and 1 to the head. I think Bloom was designed for people who got severely out-BR'd in H2 & H3.

sorry i over reacted a little there........

But who cares if you dont want bloom dont play reach. Exactly how would it make the game better? They put in bloom and took out trueskill ranking to give every one a equal opportunity at being the high rank and occaisionally win a duel against a better skilled player. They wanted a more community driven game not a hardcore gaming community driven on true skill and leader boards if you hate it that much it must really affect your 'so called skill' so grow a pair and adapt thats what every one else has done if you cant then go take that imaginary skill you will obtain from bloom being removed and go sign up for MLG since your such a pro!

Hey broski.

1) Bloom is broken to the point to where the imaginary "skill" of which you speak is truly imaginary; non-existent is a better term. It puts way to many variables to consider in a game like halo, which ruins the "skill" of it, making luck an increbibly huge factor in any DMR battle. So in all honesty, bloom is a fail and so are you for defending it to such an extent.

2) Previoisly you complained about BR spammers. I'm surprised you dont complain about DMR spammers, which is much worse in a game such as Reach, where they don't put a limit on how fast a shot can be spammed, compared to how they did in halo 3. There was NO BR spammers in ANY halo game I've ever played, everyone shot the BR as fast as they could because that's how it was used. ( don't say that's how the DMR is used, cuz its not.)

3) TrueSkill was what drove players to Halo, its what made the game fun, if worse players wanted to play without getting destroyed, they should either get better or play Social, that's as simple as it could be.

4) If anyone thinks that Bungie did a good job balancing the game, they should be slapped. Bungie DID NOT do a good job. They added way to many things to the game then what was needed for a sequel( in this case, a prequel) to succeed. They obviously didn't think things through when they added things like armor abilities, and bloom. Whenever I, personally play a game, I either destroy, or get destroyed, it's almost always one sided, and not fair, but that can also be blamed on map design.

5) And lastly, you cannot sign up for MLG, it doesn't work that way.

I may be misinterpretting what you are saying, if I am I'm sorry but if not, then I will openly express my opinion.

I disagree

Boosting in H3, less skill is required, yes but only slightly less, and towards the end of H3, it was pretty much required in order to gain a 50 in playlists like MLG and Slayer, since others did it to such an extent, that and derankers also screwed with your W/L ratio and thus screwing with your rank. But anyways, it only takes slightly less skill because your still playing and contributing to the team when your being boosted; it only takes hardly any skill to achieve a boosted 50 if you get carries your way there.

In all honesty, boosting can be seen as just running with a group of friends, if your of an equal skill level and still above that of your opponents.