Halo 4 Battle Rifle vs DMR vs Carbine vs Light Rifle

HCSFan117

At ComiCon I liked the Carbine. It had the speed of the BR but almost felt like the DMR. Now it did have a bit more spread, but not as bad as it was in Halo 3. I also got a chance to use the light Rifle, that was my second favorite, it was a good combination of the DMR and BR, good for new players for sure. The DMR was better than in Reach, less spread and bloom and seemed like a mini sniper. The BR was classic and felt nice to play with again, but didnt seem to really contend with the Carbine and LR in my opinion.

At ComiCon I liked the Carbine. It had the speed of the BR but almost felt like the DMR. Now it did have a bit more spread, but not as bad as it was in Halo 3. I also got a chance to use the light Rifle, that was my second favorite, it was a good combination of the DMR and BR, good for new players for sure. The DMR was better than in Reach, less spread and bloom and seemed like a mini sniper. The BR was classic and felt nice to play with again, but didnt seem to really contend with the Carbine and LR in my opinion.

Since the LR scoped is a 4 shot kill and such do you think this will be a big advantage over the other weapons in game?

@Archangel Tyrael: I really noticed that when I used the LR and my opponent used the DMR or BR, I won...the LR may fire a bit slower, but it makes up for it in its dual mode and seemingly increased damage. The scope on the LR seemed about the same as the DMR when youre in the middle of combat. I used rogue and the sensor perk so I never was knocked out of scope and I always had my radar up so I could watch my surroundings. That set up was really the way to go

• 2 weeks later...

Well the thing is unless you have the specific armor on, you're not going to be able to get those 4 shots with the LR. I personally prefer the old-fashioned BR. Sadly it is now a 5 shot which pisses me off. The difference between the BR and DMR was the fact of range so they could have kept the BR a 4 shot rifle