MM for Halo4 setup like Halo2

birchmore7

I think the best MM for Halo4 would be the old Halo2 setup. It was very easy to gain or lose levels and eveyone around your level was near the same skill level. Halo3 and on are kinda like Call of Duty to me as in the fact of You gain points For playing. That is pretty lame to be honest. You don't give awards to anyone but the winners. Halo2 matchmaking would balance it out more and bring back the old intense feel that Halo USE..... to have.

• Like 3

Meh...I could care less about the "ranking" of a game anymore...I play the game because I enjoy it. If they choose to follow the Reach standard than so be it. But from what it sounds like there will be a 1-50 initial levels, and with each level you gain a rank title ex. SR-5 or SR-20 (taken directly from the achievement list) and accodring to Frank O'Connor, there will be a rank that only you can see (to avoid boosting, de-ranking, buying accounts etc.). The 1-50 levels earn exp from any game mode (Social or Ranked). And the rank that only you can see is earned through ranked games. So I think Halo 4 will please a good majority of players. It is not everything to be the highest rank in a game, it is just a game. It is not the end of the world if skill is not the only thing counted when going up in rank. It takes time as well. As I said, I could care less. I will enjoy Halo 4 no matter what

• Like 1

I think the best MM for Halo4 would be the old Halo2 setup. It was very easy to gain or lose levels and eveyone around your level was near the same skill level. Halo3 and on are kinda like Call of Duty to me as in the fact of You gain points For playing. That is pretty lame to be honest. You don't give awards to anyone but the winners. Halo2 matchmaking would balance it out more and bring back the old intense feel that Halo USE..... to have.

On Halo 3 you get points for playing? Well, that's new to me. Actually, not 100% new because it's true in the Social playlists, but have you ever played a game in a Ranked playlist? There you get points for winning, which isn't like CoD. Talk about giving awards (ranks, in this case) to anyone but the winners.

Since you know the Halo 2 MM system, i'm quite surprised that you apparently don't know the Ranked playlists of Halo 3..

But that's all i can say on this one. Halo 3 was where i started, so i don't know much about Halo 2's ranking system.

• Like 1

thats to bad because it isnt happening.

hey guys, look at it like this,

there is a system of ranking that puts you with and against players of similar skill, so you dont get annoyed at your team mates, and you dont get "meh" at halo because the level of ccompetition is rubbish

sure you don't get a rank to show off, there was enjoyment to that, but there was also alot of jack offs talking smack about how much better they were

the derankers are almost eliminated, the only use for them now is to bring their friends back up to a high level of competition if they buy a new account, which is probably more hassle than its worth

...I guess we'll see how important showing off was

checked out the post "fresh new ranking system"? it includes more showing off, and eliminates derankers