Sublime114

I hear you fellow PC brother...I hear you. But alas yes, Microsoft no longer really seems to care about the PC market, itself helped create. Even if all we pc gamers were to throw 10-20 million at them...they would still turn away and leave us with nothing. They care about one thing, and one thing only....

- Selling OS systems

- Selling proprietary hardware and games for them. PC is too open market for them..lol.

Why BooBoo? Can you please explain to me how and why bringing other Halo titles, including future ones, to the PC is bad, not needed etcc? And please don't use hacking modding as an excuse. there is plenty of that on all platforms.

Halo should not be made for computer. first of all i think forge would be harder to use. second, i believe that there would be more modding/hacking or pc than on console.

you say there is plenty of hacking on all systems but in all my time playing halo i have never seen or been in a game with anyone who was modding. personally, i would hate to see halo for pc because i enjoy playing on console much more and if it came out for pc then there would be a much smaller community to play with on xbox

Satin, you could not be any more ill-informed. hacking and modding happens just as easy and as frequent on consoles as it does PC. Just because "you" havent seen anything happen during the matches you played, does not mean it isn't there. I can tell you from experience/helping, that modding is quite alive and well, it's the current security measuers around the map files themselves that prevents any real overboard modding from taking place.

That being said, to date, we still can't fully mod or hack Halo 3 because of the strong private and public key pair system they used to encrypt the maps with. Even if halo 3 were ported to PC or any future title, we still couldn't crack it, and if we did it would take years likely.

The PC community is small and would not effect your already abismal Live community. Most PC gamers that still play halo 2 or Halo 1 PC, have yet to even play a Halo title past 2, or don't even own an xbox. As part of the older generation, I can tell you that we older guys don't like being restricted to consoles. We want to just pickup and game when we want, not being tied to Live for our expereince or paying tons of money for it. I have yet to find one single feature Live does better than anything else out there...besides flashy avatars...which is exactly what Live is NOT intended for. Live was intended to connect gamers to games...simple and easy. now, Live and the titles is supports is more of a Social network than about gaming. PC is and always will be about gaming first.

Oh and let's not forget that anything brought to PC and not simply ported over, will always be superior in sound, graphics and networking capabilities. For a good example on this one, compare Crysis 2 PC to the 360 and PS3 version. PC blows it away in performace, graphics, sound and network data latency.

• Like 1

It is way easier to hack on the computer then it is to hack on the xbox. Plus everybody with a xbox has the same hardware making it a more fair match. :3

:gsd:

As Twin said, and from experience, hacking is not easier to do on PC. And hardware has nothing to do with skill, granted if you have awful specs the game will run awfully, but that is the fault of the idiot who couldn't check up on running requirements.

First thing is first. GSD, just because everyone has the same hardware, does not make it equal ground. Some units run higher in temp, or miss allocate resources. Some people have horrible network setups, etc...

Basing an argument on "same specs" does little to provide a valid argument. You can run same specs as everyone else all you want, but you cannot change certain environmental factors which differ between same hardware, nor the networks in which they operate.

GS, that statement is just wrong. Creating tools to hack stuff from the PC is easier then the Xbox yes, but that is because the Xbox is limited to the specific functions and executables we can use. Xbox only supports one single executable at a time, and is limited to the number of dll resources it can call on as well.

In your case of Halo 3, the amount of modding available for Halo 3 is almost nill. We never got full asset extraction and most of the things we can do, is stupid stuff like infinite ammo, invulnerable, etc... Hacking or modding the PC port of it would not be easier, and would not be any more fruitful. Both versions would have it's public and private key pair encryption system for maps, which would make modifying map files impossible. Modding or hacks are not easier at all just because they are performed on PC platform titles.

But after re-reading what you are saying GS, you are more or less saying that it is easier to hack Halo 3 via the computer, rather than Xbox side apps. That is correct...but only because of the points I listed up top.

Okay, I played a Reach match the other day and it was modded. All AR rounds were rockets. I was scared, but eventually just hid in a corner. Kept killing myself and flinging around. Lagged so badly. I saved the vid, and will upload to fileshare soon. Xbox Modding is pretty prevalent.

• 3 weeks later...

i would kill myself if halo was on PC

Why? How would this negatively effect you. If anythin it would offer you to play with a much larger group of people. Adding PC support for people who grew up with and love Halo is an excellent idea. I want to play my games at 2560x1440x60 with SSAO, AA, High Res textures, etc. Graphics aside, playing on PC opens actual VOIP support and a plethora of social media and guild/clan connections. I say again, how could this be a bad thing. And don't bring up hacking and/or piracy, those things happen on the consoles just as much if not more on consoles.

Halo should not be made for computer. first of all i think forge would be harder to use. second, i believe that there would be more modding/hacking or pc than on console.

you say there is plenty of hacking on all systems but in all my time playing halo i have never seen or been in a game with anyone who was modding. personally, i would hate to see halo for pc because i enjoy playing on console much more and if it came out for pc then there would be a much smaller community to play with on xbox

Forge would be harder to use? You do realize that the game is created on the PC, you know, with actual world building software, how on Earth could it be harder? In addittion, you're probably to young to have played Halo 2, but that game had TONS of hacking and mods even before the PC release. I don't even know how to answer your last point. Really? Halo coming out on PC would stop you playing it on Xbox? Have millions of more people connecting to XBL to play with you would make the community smaller? With ignorance like this it's no wonder Halo will stay on Xbox.

Hacking on PC is near-none. With dedicated servers there are top quality admins just a PM away and with thousands of player-admins the hackers don't last long. P2P which is an inferior system is what consoles are limited to which allows for lag-switches, you try that on a deciated server and you get booted for having a pin greater than 300. You can pick the server you want with the exact county, map, players, ping and anything else you can think of. The notion that the PC platform is full of hackers is a lie, most people think that decent players and there are many are hackers because they have refined their skill over many years, I myself included have been labeled a hacker in BC2 countless times while also having disblief about other players until I see their frag videos.