Will the EC tool be fixed?

Flippant Sol

You may be wondering what the EC tool is. The EC tool is what professional forgers in Reach used to make they alignments 100% accurate and authentic, But it means Edit Coordinates. Amateurs who are now professionals used to think that coordinates would take too much time. Yeah, well, we got things done. Unfortunately, I noticed that the EC tool in Reach was off by a noticeable 0.05 on any measurement, and you could never get the height, length or width exactly right. I'm hoping that 343 found a way to fix this in Halo 4. There was also an error with the rotation control. Some times when you select edit coordinates the Flip, Yaw or Roll would rotate another snap, meaning that you would have to go back and find out which Control had rotated and if you chose the wrong one, the entire piece would be off angle and you would have to re-position it again. But what scares me is that when 343 made the Anniversary map pack, the coordinates were never logical in the maps, and this concerns me. What is another big pet peeve of mine is the way to access the EC tool you have to select an object then press b then scroll down to the EC and select it. They should try to keep all of the object settings in one category. So I wanted to hear your thoughts on this as well...

• Like 1

I never use Edit Coordinates. I just did the thing where you click in the left stick and then you can move things really slow. That worked perfect for me got things lined up great.

But this takes ten seconds, that takes thirty. Also, Bngie made all of their maps with EC tool.

I use EC alot. And while I do not notice any problems like that I am irratated with the blocks. All of the blocks had 4 very small sides on the corners. So whenever you would use EC and place the to blocks diagnal to eachother at the corners there would be a little gap that you could see through. This required you to put and extra block for every diagnal connection, that wastes a lot of money and time.

I never use Edit Coordinates. I just did the thing where you click in the left stick and then you can move things really slow. That worked perfect for me got things lined up great.

Likewise I have moved away from using Edit Coordinates and just use the left thumb stick seeing as it goes much quicker easier and getting the pieces to line up with out overlay. And maybe your controller isn't working right but the thumb stick method should work much better than Edit Coordinates. Because my left thumb stick was messed up when I first started using the precision editing and I couldn't tell what the difference was but then once I got a new controller it worked much better. But nonetheless Halo 4 should have some way to adjust at least a little better. I mean magnets should help. :)

Stating Bungie used the "EC" is only a guess. They used the actual.sandbox for all maps....is the likely outcome. To.answer your question, if you watched the Forge VidOC, then you should already know.about the magnet system. It places edges and aides directly level, parallel, etc.. without any need to edit the objects tangent space coordinates.

Well, I guess you aren't getting my point. The EC tool made things Authentic. For instance, if you made a map with the EC tool and you deleted it, you could go back and remake the map precisely to the nearest yoctameter. Get my drift?

Yes I guess I understand your drift. :) It would be nice if they had a better way to place things. But I think that what they have now still works pretty well. :thumbsup:

But won't all of these issues be solved by the Magnet tool and the lock/unlock tool?

Not entirely. The magnet tool and the other one will be rather useful But when comes straight down to putting all the pieces just right on your map, the EC comes in handy.

I use it constantly. And so does my husband. He's a bigger forger than I am.