Hate Rushing?

DaniHel

I had a time I build up a big army first and attack with my tanks/ planes or mixed army after 6/7 minutes. But I hated I was attacked before I was ready. So I begone to defend. Turrets or Marines. But when the are not rushing I had made this for nothing. So I think about it. What is the best defense AND not useless after? Attack! The best defense is attack. So I do rushing my self a bit. And I am not rushed ever again. I use the first units u can build. The wartogh. I build a least 5 and update them with gunner and start attack the enemys base. Kill his warthogs first if he build them to. I keep building more wartoghs and later upgrade to gradenier and keep building more. If the enemy base is defensed good with turrets u stop attacking the base and go clearing a base. Set up the base and dubble pump warthogs now. From now you can make the stronger units you like. This method is more active and make you a better player because you have to micro from the beginning and learn from it. Because you have to choose to when you have to retreat or when you can stay and keep attacking. Because you need to be aware of the leader power and micro them around. Because you need to kill the enemy units with your fragtile units. So turn the game around and go hunt and not be hunted. Just dont think you can win the game with you couple of warthoghs. U need the stronger units with help from the second base while you keep dominating the map. And dont give up after losing your game with this. You need to practice with this active playing. And the cat and mouse game is importand to. When he is somewhere on the map with his army and you attack his base he will return. This give him a trow back in travel time. Good luck you all. See you in a warthog battle :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rushing is not a strategy, it is a noob move used by people who don't know how to play RTS Games.

Rushing is a strategy and a very legitimate one at that.

The problem isn't rushing it's that noobs see harassment as rushing and get mad at you for killing their supply pads with your 5 warthogs. Thus making you a cheater and a noob for punishing them because they didn't build any units to defend.

I havent played Halo wars in a while but me and my buds were pretty awesome at it and (the main reason at least) the reason being was this. We used scouts. After collecting as many of the credit boxes scattered nearby I would send my warthog (or ghost if I was a covie) to see what the enemy was building and based on what they made I would prepare a counter. If you are facing a covie, it is a good idea when you are scouting to find where their leader is and to see if his base is locked and making units.

One should note that scouting can result in the death of your scout hog/ghost and resources may be wasted to replace. Enemies may also stop what they are doing once you scout them so keep a constant watch on them. If enemies put up turrets to stop u from scouting them, this isn't necessarily a bad thing because they now have that much less money to bring up units.

Rushing actually is a strategy because it takes alot of micromanagement and coordination. A good rusher is always going about trying to get as much resources as possible so he can get his rush going faster. with my buddies on Halo Wars, we used rushes to set the enemy back several minutes which then allowed us to build up our forces while they were still recovering. Scouting your enemy and countering him plus killing his scout unit and or leader ,if possible, to stop him/her from jump starting their rush is a good way to stomp someone's rush. Harassment is also a tactic used to deter someone from getting their forces up. I mean think about it, if 5 hogs with machine gun turrets can make you waste about 1,000 creds who's really winning here?

• 1 month later...

Me I just hate people who rush.In my opinion, it is very easy to rush.It doesn't mean that I am a noob( I am a Brigadier). To be prepared for an enemy rush, I just take the Convenant Brutes. I prepare an army of brutes wich are very powerful.I let my whole army in the base, waiting for the enemy rush.In the same time, I am attacking secondary bases with my Brute chief.If an army of warthogs is coming to destroy my base, it is certain that the brute army will own them.In my opinion, the Brutes are very powerful units.That is my strategy :)

Rushing is not a strategy, it is a noob move used by people who don't know how to play RTS Games.

I agree with you :)
  • Like 1

I don't mind rushing seeing as it is a strategy but when I get rushed by a covenant all they send is one type of unit and a leader I don't really see that as a strategy now UNSC rushing is hard you have to quickly build units to counteract your weaknesses and then rush but covenant rushing is easy.

• Like 1

Hate to break it to you. But rushing is a strategy, quite a legit one to add. Granted, it is easier to rush an opponent on Halo Wars compared to other console RTS titles I have played. But in interest of fairness, Halo Wars wasn't a port from a computer version like Command and Conquer or Supreme Commander. There is a lot more going on there. Also, in the interest of fairness, it is not that difficult to combat a rush. From something as simple as building a couple of turrets to having an ally or even yourself attack the rushing opponent's base with a couple of Warthogs, it is not like there is totally nothing you can do.