Armor Abilitys. Like them? Hate them? LETS FIND OUT!

Dominator

I say take out armor lock, jetpack, camo, but not hologram, sprint, evade, the reason why not for hologram so u could trick people but it's not fun when it's you, for sprint and evade it's a way to move faster .............they should make new ones,heres one thought they should make an armor ability thats make u wake on metal walls so we could do death from above.

I would just like Sprint as a control, maybe if your an elite evade could be a control. Maybe have a setup where you can choose evade or sprint. I dunno, it might work

AAs NEED to go. I sold Reach two weeks after release and went back to(and am still playing) halo 3. Ever herd of the phrase 'If it's not broken don't fix it'? This pretty much says it all. Halo 3 and Halo 2 and CE for that matter were freaking AMAZING games. One because they were fun to the point of almost taking over my life at points, but the difference between the Halo series and ALL of the other fun games out there is the COMPETITIVE ASPECT!! Taking a working system and changing the dynamics to something totally different is CHILDISH and ruins the experience. Everyone has the same health and the same movement speed and abilities to utilize in whatever way the choose to or CAN. Remember in Halo 3 when somebody would jump S1 to S2 with the mauler on guardian and kill your entire team? He DID NOT use a jet pack HE WAS GOOD AT THE GAME! The thing that makes Halo so fun is that it is up to the player to get creative and out smart and outplay the other player. AAs DESTROY this simple feature and make for more frustrating gameplay by decreasing the skill-gap. Map positioning, teamwork, communication and just pure talent should set players apart NOT pre determined classes. Halo 3 custom game settings were changed BEFORE the game started, in COD and Reach they can be manipulated IN GAME. Enough with the pissed off field major social warrior and his staff captain crew of BKs trying to keep this BAD IDEA in the series, get rid of the AAs and QQ because us 50s tore you randoms apart in MM.

Pathetic. To think I used to complain about the power drain..

post-15978-0-58483900-1318762090_thumb.jpeg

I'm going to be completely honest with you. MANY AA's should go, but not ALL. Sprint was a very nice one to have, unlike many other AA's. Armor lock was a completely NOOB AA and I wish not to see it in Halo 4. With evade and active camo, I don't like them but not as much as armor lock. The bubble shield is something I wouldn't mind having. It has helped me when I am nearly dead, and it recharges my health. True, it is a slightly unfair advantage but we don't use alot of the AA's very much aside from sprint. I am an Alpha Zombies fan. Sprinting zombies was a great idea. Now, I dislike regular Infection. I can not get any kills with zombies flinging every which way with their noob evade. Hologram is a funny thing to watch people fall for in multiplayer but I don't completely support it. The jetpack is a pretty good idea, but I like sprint better. Your guy dosen't even sprint he runs. If you don't use sprint, you just walk. Something I would really like is if sprint became a control button. Like CoD, just press a button and run. (CoD is so boring compared to Halo)

I'm going to be completely honest with you. MANY AA's should go, but not ALL. Sprint was a very nice one to have, unlike many other AA's. Armor lock was a completely NOOB AA and I wish not to see it in Halo 4. With evade and active camo, I don't like them but not as much as armor lock. The bubble shield is something I wouldn't mind having. It has helped me when I am nearly dead, and it recharges my health. True, it is a slightly unfair advantage but we don't use alot of the AA's very much aside from sprint. I am an Alpha Zombies fan. Sprinting zombies was a great idea. Now, I dislike regular Infection. I can not get any kills with zombies flinging every which way with their noob evade. Hologram is a funny thing to watch people fall for in multiplayer but I don't completely support it. The jetpack is a pretty good idea, but I like sprint better. Your guy dosen't even sprint he runs. If you don't use sprint, you just walk. Something I would really like is if sprint became a control button. Like CoD, just press a button and run. (CoD is so boring compared to Halo)

go play COD and stop changing halo

• 2 weeks later...

Reach was a military planet, and as such, provided access to prototype armor abilities. While John does not wear Spartan III armor, that does not rule out the possibility of upgrades, especially on a Forerunner planet with active machinery and the strong possibility of human presence and adaptations of existing tech utilizing Forerunner inspiration.

He has a thruster pack, as do all Spartans, which allows for better maneuverability in weak/zero gravity environments, but it is useless in normal situations. Bubble shields trump drop shields, they last longer and don't require a loadout. Since Sprint is something that any high school athlete can do, 26th century supersoldiers should at least be able to jog.

Armor Lock turns you into Gandolf, but not always in a good way. Realistically, since you are overloading your shield generator, your shield should be gone and need to recharge upon exit. Invisibility is possible, but would be better implemented as a pick up to use at your discretion, but without a built-in radar jammer or poor stability. Hologram is only used as a joke, and few people fall for it. If the Hologram simply mimicked your movements, it could be useful, but as is, it's pointless.

If we want to keep the dynamic flexibility of Reach but not make it a cheesy skill-deficient introduction to a new trilogy, things need to change. This game will take place years after the Fall of Reach, and no doubt the UNSC has improved it's earlier formulas. If it is to play like Halo but still be new, equipment is required.

Jet-pack needs to become a universal thruster pack for weak/zero g. Bubble shields become pick-ups, as well as invisibility (except for the higher ranked Elites and the Spartan III's since their SPI armor comes with it). Sprint/Dodge should just be incorporated into the natural movement. Unless Hologram gets some kind of attention, it will be a neglected pick-up, if even that.

Armor lock is iffy. It's endless entertainment for preventing splatters and it has the Spartan-esque BA look and feel, but it's akin to pushing your armor to the limits as a one-time risk. When Spartans rained from the sky in the Fall of Reach, they manually tweaked their normal armor settings. John's armor locked up on his return to Earth, automatically or manually, I don't know, and it saved his life. When Cortana pushed John's nuclear backpack generator to the limit just to teleport on the first Halo, she said that they should only try this once, and John had to get an armor upgrade at the beginning of Halo 2. Rerouting and pushing your armors power to it's limits can have amazing results, but as a 2 ton cybernetic supersoldier with every other skill at your disposal, how often do you really need to do it?

Take out all AA's and add power ups to the maps. I want no super abilities ( I could live with sprint but dont want it either). Lets be able to pick up a camo and/or over shield and play some real halo again. Its a really simple formula and its never failed us. If 343 decides to add sprint I really hope they make it a pickup as well. I personally don't want spartans sprinting around the maps all the time, it could possibly ruin another good game.

HALO DOES NOT NEED AA'S. THEY ARE ******* STUPID! HALO REACH IS GARBAGE PEOPLE. I AM NOT TROLLING. THIS IS CALLED A FACT.

Other than telling us how you really feel, how do you really feel?

Why are you hating on Halo Reach bro? Is Armor abilities the only reason you hate it? They do have playlists with no AA's. :P

Let AA's stay in campaign, they could make missions awesome. But get rid of them for multiplayer, halo was awesome because when everyone spawned they had the same exact weapons and grenade count which means an even playing field from the get go. AA's make you have to wonder "what does this A**hole have up his sleeve?" and it's not Halo.shooting someone until they have no shield and them watching them put their fist down like they are god almighty does help game play, it pisses me of every single time i see it.

I Did not mind some of them well other Armour abilities I hated. In halo 4 I think sprint should be on everything meaning it would be on all layouts. Then you should have a choice of Jet pack, Invisibility ( that you can run in and stay invisible), Hologram, evade and some new stuff. To sum it up you would be able to walk, sprint and do what ever Armour ability you choose. :shuriken: Those are my thoughts!