The ONE and ONLY thing I will not feel right with Halo 4

Predalian5

The Spartans. When I look at chief in Halo 3, He looked like a huge 10 feet tall strongly built guy.

But now he looks like a toy. A small and colourful toy, I'm okay with it. Just I feel like Bungie did that

right. I mean, That's what made Halo different. They felt like they were actually there. The Reach Engine

is far too cartooney for me. I for one will still play the game. But I personally liked the old version better.

(Especially the voice, They portrayed the sound of a strong person. Now they don't)

I recall one time hearing the Spartans in the Reach Engine is Spartan 1's. Or something like that, a

and that the Spartans in 3 were... We'll the third. So what? He goes to sleep and down grades 2

Spartan levels?

Again, I know I'm going to love Halo 4, But preferably. I'd want the Halo 3 feel again...

The Spartans. When I look at chief in Halo 3, He looked like a huge 10 feet tall strongly built guy.

But now he looks like a toy. A small and colourful toy, I'm okay with it. Just I feel like Bungie did that

right. I mean, That's what made Halo different. They felt like they were actually there. The Reach Engine

is far too cartooney for me. I for one will still play the game. But I personally liked the old version better.

(Especially the voice, They portrayed the sound of a strong person. Now they don't)

I recall one time hearing the Spartans in the Reach Engine is Spartan 1's. Or something like that, a

and that the Spartans in 3 were... We'll the third. So what? He goes to sleep and down grades 2

Spartan levels?

Again, I know I'm going to love Halo 4, But preferably. I'd want the Halo 3 feel again...

Chief actually looks more bulky and more or a spartan IMO, than the past Halo games.

I don't have any idea were you heard that, but the Spartans in Reach were ALL Spartan III's, with the exception of Jorge who was a Spartan II in the campaign. So Chief doesn't downgrade.

all spartans in campaign and multiplayer are spartan llls exluding Jorge, which Azaxx stated above

Spartans l were just basically elite soldiers hoped up on strong drugs (not cocaine and what not obviously)

Spartan lls were a much more radical soldier, they were kidnapped at the age of 6 and put through EXTREME training, until the age of 14(not sure on that) when they were given augumentations

Spartan llls were basically cheaper spartan lls, given weaker armor, and almost ALWAYS sent on suicide missions en mass.

Now that's out of the way, I think the Cheif looks more badass than ever before, since you can now see the rough outlines of his body, giving him a more intimadation look imo, and if anything, I think Halo 3 looks more cartoony than Reach, I think Reach is a bit more realistic than 3, well... for a sci/fi shooter

It's not the engine that dictates a cartoony look, it's the way the shaders and textures are used. The engine just interprets thae tag data and displays it for us. The reason Chiefs armor never changed after Halo 2, was due to the fact that he was engaged in combat the whole way thru. Chances are, they can tie in the armor changes with stating that due to Chief going into stasis, the armor was finally able to initiate upgrade commands he likely recieved during his battle in Halo 3. As many of us book dwellers know, a Spartans armor is upgraded in stasis by nanites.

I always found the older armor to look too bulky for him to move around the way he does. the newer armor looks like it gives Spartans more maneuverability and fits the tech of the timeline better.

Now that's out of the way, I think the Cheif looks more badass than ever before, since you can now see the rough outlines of his body, giving him a more intimadation look imo, and if anything, I think Halo 3 looks more cartoony than Reach, I think Reach is a bit more realistic than 3, well... for a sci/fi shooter

Yeah, I thought Reach was the most realistic one so far (besides Halo Wars cutscenes). The only thing unrealistic about Reach was the constant grey and brown. But the other Halo's didn't exactly have a dynamic color scheme.
  • Like 1

Funny that you say that, because now that i think of it, it sounds somewhat true. But i think that the ones who do look a bit like toys are the Spartan IV's from War Games, not Chief. Chief still looks BA.

And the other spartans look ridiculously awesome too. Looking like a toy doesn't always have to be a bad thing

I don't actually consider Reach a Halo game because it doesn't follow cannon, all the weapons are fine minus the Focus rifle and the Graphics are alright, be it that they're better than most games out there. Also as far as Chief goes in Halo 4, his new armor, and the story behind its change; well, it's better than i expected and frankly i'm satisfied with it.

What i am not satisfied with is the large number of so called fans that constantly make remarks regarding the lack of dual wielding and perks then calling it call of duty in space, but whatever.

Also Chief doesn't look like a toy he looks like a beefy ass mofo