Type-26 Assault Gun Carriage

Veer Zamamai

"The Type-26 Assault Gun Carriage is the primary armored fighting vehicle used by the Covenant.[4] The Covenant deploy the Wraith as a first-strike ground assault vehicle in tactical ground engagements, they use the vehicle as a weapons platform to bring down structures[5] in the way of ground forces attempting to advance in a area, as well as to destroy enemy armor possessing a threat to their own infantry. In addition the Wraith is used to break infantry rank by both physical and physiological force.[5]

A massive bulbous and thickly armored mortar tank, the Wraith is used by the Covenant as their main armored assault vehicle for ground forces. Like all Covenant vehicles the Type-26 AGC's design is a sleek winged vehicle design more akin to an insect or an aircraft then a ground vehicle. The Type 26 AGC is composed of four major components: The chassis, is the first and major component and consists of the cockpit, which contains the controls for the pilot, these include the controls that move the tank, the controls that align the mortar on target, and one in the center that arms and fires the main battery. Holographic control surfaces and displays show the pilot a 360-degree view outside the Wraith.[6] Underneath is its propulsion system consisting of a Boosted gravity propulsion drive,[7] the chassis also contains the necessary systems that power all other systems on the vehicle. Two wide lateral fins are the second major component to the Type-26 AGC, the fins stabilize the vehicle on terrain, as well as provide the vehicle thrust to attain limited boost for enhanced maneuverability.[7] The the third major component is the rudders which control the turning or yaw-axis of the vehicle, the rudders use two independent propulsion drives to help turn the vehicle in the desired direction. The fourth major component is the gun carriage, this contains the Type-26 AGC's main weapon, the heavy mortar cannon. The huge bulk of the Wraith is well shielded by an armored shell that is nearly two feet (61cm) thick and made up of a polymer that is not understood by human physicists.[2]

Piloted by a single occupant, who controls all the vehicle and weapons systems, the Type-26 AGC is a highly maneuverable vehicle able to traverse many different terrains. The Type-26 AGC like all Covenant vehicles uses a form of anti-gravity propulsion drive to cushion and absorb almost all of the recoil caused by the heavy mortar cannon.[2] The Wraith's large size and its ability to provide covering fire from the massive Plasma Mortar makes it an inestimably dangerous vehicle on the battlefield. The Wraith is the third largest Covenant ground force vehicle, after the Locust." ~ Halo Nation

What do you think of the Type-26 Assault Gun Carriage, also known as the Wraith, competitively, campaign and lore wise?

I love tanks. The Wraith is exceptional against infantry, and shooting from behind cover. However it lacks the accuracy to hit flying and fast-moving vehicles. With practice though, hitting fast-moving vehicles can become second-nature.

Indeed, I absolutely agree. With practise you can be trained to hit anything like I have come to learn over the past few years. The Wraith is an exceptional vehicle and is a deadly weapon if used correctly. The best position is sitting on Hamburger Hill firing down upon Red Team as they can't hit you with theirs. It is such a fascinating vehicle and is truly a wonderful piece of machinery.

It seems like with most covenant weapons the plasma rounds go reeeeeallly slow compared to human weapons.

Hmmm who would win? Cheetah or plasma Bolt?

As I said in the post prior to this, and I apologize for double-posting, but with practise you can hit anything which is why I believe you could. If you train solidly and improve in every area then you can hit almost everything. You just need to know what you're doing, then, you will become a deadly asset to the Covenant onslaught.

• Like 1

Well all of the vehicles seem to be designed for gameplay use and not practicallity.

I think all the Covenant vehicles are garbage except their space based stuff. And about half of the humans vehicles are garbage.

The Covenant vehicles seem so bad that I think if you matched with a Nazi Panzer IV the panzer would win everytime. And anything modern would just lay waste to Halo vehicles.

Well all of the vehicles seem to be designed for gameplay use and not practicallity.

I think all the Covenant vehicles are garbage except their space based stuff. And about half of the humans vehicles are garbage.

The Covenant vehicles seem so bad that I think if you matched with a Nazi Panzer IV the panzer would win everytime. And anything modern would just lay waste to Halo vehicles.

I doubt that very much, but that's probably because I'm biased and I love the Sangheili and the Covenant weaponry and vehicles. The Wraith can arc its shots and its "Plasma" mortar would shred any and all armour that stands in its way. Think about it, thick grade 3 burns of Plasma which would shred human tissue and armour.

I doubt that very much, but that's probably because I'm biased and I love the Sangheili and the Covenant weaponry and vehicles. The Wraith can arc its shots and its "Plasma" mortar would shred any and all armour that stands in its way. Think about it, thick grade 3 burns of Plasma which would shred human tissue and armour.

Well it's clear all the vehicles were designed to balance well in the game. That is why they are all so crap.

And the wraith has a really limited range compared to tanks in general. So that already gives most tanks an advantage. Then there is the slow moving plasma shot. All you really have to do is sit still and move when the wraith shoots at you. Finally the only protection the wraith operator has is a piece of sheet metal so one tank shot in the general area should kill them (realistically).

The only advantage I'd give the Wraith is really close range. As it can turn quickly and ram the enemy if need be.

Personally i dont liket the wraith, its not accurate enough, a scorpian and a wraith in a dual, the scorpian will come out on top anyday simply because of accuracy. Think about it, a scorpians acuracy allows it to aim at a specific target, IE the wraith turret, rendering the wraith compleatly useless. where as a wraith has to have a REALLY lucky shot to get the scorpian turret.

Anyway, scorpian all the way... now all they need to do is bring out the Grizzelly as a vehicle in Halo 5 xD

Well it's clear all the vehicles were designed to balance well in the game. That is why they are all so crap.

And the wraith has a really limited range compared to tanks in general. So that already gives most tanks an advantage. Then there is the slow moving plasma shot. All you really have to do is sit still and move when the wraith shoots at you. Finally the only protection the wraith operator has is a piece of sheet metal so one tank shot in the general area should kill them (realistically).

The only advantage I'd give the Wraith is really close range. As it can turn quickly and ram the enemy if need be.

Not necessarily, the Wraith can hit something a few hundred meters away.

Personally i dont liket the wraith, its not accurate enough, a scorpian and a wraith in a dual, the scorpian will come out on top anyday simply because of accuracy. Think about it, a scorpians acuracy allows it to aim at a specific target, IE the wraith turret, rendering the wraith compleatly useless. where as a wraith has to have a REALLY lucky shot to get the scorpian turret.

Anyway, scorpian all the way... now all they need to do is bring out the Grizzelly as a vehicle in Halo 5 xD

I have thought about it, and I doubt every bit. I have already explained that a Wraith sitting behind Crescent Hill can easily out-manoeuvre the tank and easily trap it.

If the Scorpion or Banshee both were unavailable, I'd pick it. In Reach, it's range was so bad...

It is only as bad as the warrior operating it.

For a tank, that is close range...

And to balance the Scorpion and Wraith somewhat they made the scorpion slow as dirt. I would expect it to cruise at 40 mph or something. Instead it goes 10-15.

There's still other ways in which it is better.