2 Part campain? Also Co-op gameplay characters?

Fail Master

We all know that we can play as the chief in the campain again and i love that, but what if it was a two part campain?

I'm saying what if you could play as the cheif fight to get TO the UNSC infinity AND as a specific spartan IV (maybe your online character) fighting in a "firefight" type campain trying to hold off waves of covinant or forunners FROM the UNSC infinity?

This would bring another dimention and point of veiw to the gameplay. And when the chief gets to the Infinity you just continue to play as the chief fighting with the AI controlled Spartan IVs.

Not onto the second part, what would a co-op partner, maybe 3, of them play as? i mean 4 chiefs running around is going to be a bit much for anyone, especially seeing as there is only 1 chief and he is the only one of his kind left.

Maybe we play as Spartan IVs as co-op partners? but then that raises the question where did they come from? answer: they fell from the Infinity as it crashed to the plannets surface?

anyway, post you thoughts and veiws on my suggestions/ questions and i'd love to read them.

~Yours,

We all know that we can play as the chief in the campain again and i love that, but what if it was a two part campain?

I'm saying what if you could play as the cheif fight to get TO the UNSC infinity AND as a specific spartan IV (maybe your online character) fighting in a "firefight" type campain trying to hold off waves of covinant or forunners FROM the UNSC infinity?

This would bring another dimention and point of veiw to the gameplay. And when the chief gets to the Infinity you just continue to play as the chief fighting with the AI controlled Spartan IVs.

Not onto the second part, what would a co-op partner, maybe 3, of them play as? i mean 4 chiefs running around is going to be a bit much for anyone, especially seeing as there is only 1 chief and he is the only one of his kind left.

Maybe we play as Spartan IVs as co-op partners? but then that raises the question where did they come from? answer: they fell from the Infinity as it crashed to the plannets surface?

anyway, post you thoughts and veiws on my suggestions/ questions and i'd love to read them.

~Yours,

The chief isn't the only spartan left there's still a few it's just no one knows where they are

The chief isn't the only spartan left there's still a few it's just no one knows where they are

The only possible other Spartan II that could be alive it Linda 058. she was in a cryo pod on the otherside of the room to MC when they left Reach, problem being is that we havnt heared anything about her from any halo game that i remember, we only hear mention of her in the books.

as it happens, 343i did say that you will be playing a clone of MC during coop campaign, resonable, considering it is the story of MC.

Cloning a spartan II would be near imposible, they're body structure, they way they have been augmented and whatever else cannot be passed through DNA (metal grafted to bone is not part of a DNA) and DNA is what cloning relies on.

i do agree that it is MC story but it is a bit questionable how 343 have made the co-op actually work

@THE INHERITOR :offtopic:

as it happens, 343i did say that you will be playing a clone of MC during coop campaign, resonable, considering it is the story of MC.

On top of the fact of what was already stated the cloning technology that they have is no where near good for regular humans never mind Spartans. Proof of that is that look at what happened to all the clones they replaced the children with

The only possible other Spartan II that could be alive it Linda 058. she was in a cryo pod on the otherside of the room to MC when they left Reach, problem being is that we havnt heared anything about her from any halo game that i remember, we only hear mention of her in the books.

There's also the Spartans that are with dr. halsey inside the shield world

• Like 1

On top of the fact of what was already stated the cloning technology that they have is no where near good for regular humans never mind Spartans. Proof of that is that look at what happened to all the clones they replaced the children with

There's also the Spartans that are with dr. halsey inside the shield world

um, you miss the point, first, the children clones were meant to die. Second, what I meant by clonesof MC was that instead of playing as a Spartan 4 or and elite or so during, you play as a different colored MC.

Cloning a spartan II would be near imposible, they're body structure, they way they have been augmented and whatever else cannot be passed through DNA (metal grafted to bone is not part of a DNA) and DNA is what cloning relies on.

i do agree that it is MC story but it is a bit questionable how 343 have made the co-op actually work

@THE INHERITOR :offtopic:

Well, from where can i start?.

First: there are 7 others Spartan-II alive: Fred, Linda, Kelly, Naomi, Jerome, Douglas and Alice. Then there is the Gray team, but i haven't read that comic.

Fred, Linda, Kelly and Naomi are alive and operative.

Second: WHAT? Do you know that if you played Co-op all the others games, there were two or more Master Chief, Arbiter, Rookie, Six, and only in Halo 3 if you play co-op the second player is the Arbiter and the third and fourth are Elites?

• Like 1

um, you miss the point, first, the children clones were meant to die. Second, what I meant by clonesof MC was that instead of playing as a Spartan 4 or and elite or so during, you play as a different colored MC.

The children clones weren't meant to die the technology just sucked and they knew they would die so they didn't care. They were just being cold hearted and I have no obligations it'll be like past games where it's just another MC running with you I'm just saying perhaps they tied it in with the story somehow who ever the co-op person is.

The children clones weren't meant to die the technology just sucked and they knew they would die so they didn't care. They were just being cold hearted and I have no obligations it'll be like past games where it's just another MC running with you I'm just saying perhaps they tied it in with the story somehow who ever the co-op person is.

no, simple as this,when you play coop campaign, everyone plays as a different colored MC. End of story.

Well, from where can i start?.

First: there are 7 others Spartan-II alive: Fred, Linda, Kelly, Naomi, Jerome, Douglas and Alice. Then there is the Gray team, but i haven't read that comic.

Fred, Linda, Kelly and Naomi are alive and operative.

Second: WHAT? Do you know that if you played Co-op all the others games, there were two or more Master Chief, Arbiter, Rookie, Six, and only in Halo 3 if you play co-op the second player is the Arbiter and the third and fourth are Elites?

the ones in the shield world are most probaly dead, and the others are only mention in the books so therfore also proablly dead. Lnda is the only possiblity of being on the forunner plannet with chief.

to adress your seconed point, i have only played halo wars, halo 3 and any that came after it, and i have never played co-op on ODST. on reach, its techniccly Noble 7/8/9 but they didnt do voice recording + they all have diferent armour depending upon how you customise your character, therefor they are differnt people.

For some reason or another the elites have abandoned the humans and rejoined the covinant so that rules out being an eliet

If you play 4 player co-op there will be 3 clones? that would freak me out. why make a whole squad of pretty much invinsible people?! f they turned against you you'd be screwed!

They didn't knew they would die. I don't remember what that episode from Legends says, because i consider it :censored:

Halsey's journal says that she didn't knew they would've died....or she just didn't care. They were clones. How could they've known they would have died? With what logic?

no, simple as this,when you play coop campaign, everyone plays as a different colored MC. End of story.

point taken but why? abit wiered to have 4 mc running around if i was the guys on the Infinity id probally start shooting at them thinking they were some type of forunner/ covi soldier clone thing....

They didn't knew they would die. I don't remember what that episode from Legends says, because i consider it :censored:

Halsey's journal says that she didn't knew they would've died....or she just didn't care. They were clones. How could they've known they would have died? With what logic?

Clones have always had short life expectancies, Dolly the sheep for example aged like 4x quicker that her mother, showing signs of lots of age related illnesses (such as arthriris, blindness, cancers and whatever) when she was just a few years old

the ones in the shield world are most probaly dead, and the others are only mention in the books so therfore also proablly dead. Lnda is the only possiblity of being on the forunner plannet with chief.

to adress your seconed point, i have only played halo wars, halo 3 and any that came after it, and i have never played co-op on ODST. on reach, its techniccly Noble 7/8/9 but they didnt do voice recording + they all have diferent armour depending upon how you customise your character, therefor they are differnt people.

For some reason or another the elites have abandoned the humans and rejoined the covinant so that rules out being an eliet

If you play 4 player co-op there will be 3 clones? that would freak me out. why make a whole squad of pretty much invinsible people?! f they turned against you you'd be screwed!

DAFUQ DID I JUST READ.

THEY GOT OUT, OK? FRED, LINDA, KELLY ARE OUT OF THAT WORLD, OK? I'VE READ GLASSLANDS, AND I'M SPOILING EVERYTHING, JUST TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE ALIVE! WITH A BUNCH OF SPARTANS THREE, OK?

IN HALO 3 ELITES ARE ALLIED WITH HUMANS, AFTER THE GREAT SCHISM INSIDE THE COVENANTS.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW A :censored: THEN WHY DO YOU INSIST?

THERE ARE NO :censored: CLONES, OK? NONE! YOU JUST PLAY AS ANOTHER "MAGICAL" MASTER CHIEF, OR ARBITER, OR WHATEVER.

point taken but why? abit wiered to have 4 mc running around if i was the guys on the Infinity id probally start shooting at them thinking they were some type of forunner/ covi soldier clone thing....

Clones have always had short life expectancies, Dolly the sheep for example aged like 4x quicker that her mother, showing signs of lots of age related illnesses (such as arthriris, blindness, cancers and whatever) when she was just a few years old

And what this should even mean? Do you just know that we are in 2552, right?

They are magical, ok? magical, just to make people play co-op.

• Like 1

DAFUQ DID I JUST READ.

THEY GOT OUT, OK? FRED, LINDA, KELLY ARE OUT OF THAT WORLD, OK? I'VE READ GLASSLANDS, AND I'M SPOILING EVERYTHING, JUST TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE ALIVE! WITH A BUNCH OF SPARTANS THREE, OK?

IN HALO 3 ELITES ARE ALLIED WITH HUMANS, AFTER THE GREAT SCHISM INSIDE THE COVENANTS.

THERE ARE NO :censored: CLONES, OK? NONE! YOU JUST PLAY AS ANOTHER "MAGICAL" MASTER CHIEF, OR ARBITER, OR WHATEVER.

lol kk calm down, i aint read the books sooooooo. and if you noticed in the campain preveiw for H$ there are elites on the covie's side (you can see an elite runnignt towards the Infinity's crashsite with a bunck of grunts) unless now the grunts have also join the UNSC's side

DAFUQ DID I JUST READ.

And what this should even mean? Do you just know that we are in 2552, right?

They are magical, ok? magical, just to make people play co-op.

Haha nice

lol kk calm down, i aint read the books sooooooo. and if you noticed in the campain preveiw for H$ there are elites on the covie's side (you can see an elite runnignt towards the Infinity's crashsite with a bunck of grunts) unless now the grunts have also join the UNSC's side

Nope. It is a faction of Covies. There are many factions of Covies, now. the Arbiter is with the Humans, but there are some other Elites that didn't want an alliance with Humans. in my opinion it is a little bit forced, but whatever. lol.

Nope. It is a faction of Covies. There are many factions of Covies, now. the Arbiter is with the Humans, but there are some other Elites that didn't wnat an alliance with Humans. in my opinion it is a little bit forced, but whatever. lol.

basically the covie's in the new one don't know the war is over

Qoute

Qoute

what would love to experience is for example in reach when you and jorge went out to space what did the other spartans do (i know what they did)

but wouldn't it be cool that player 1 goes to space and player 2 goes and saves civilian player 3 does something else, same with player 2 then they meet up in the end of the LVL.

and then for you to play that part you have switch character or player position

Nope. It is a faction of Covies. There are many factions of Covies, now. the Arbiter is with the Humans, but there are some other Elites that didn't want an alliance with Humans. in my opinion it is a little bit forced, but whatever. lol.

hmmmmmm well then, i wonder when we see the arby and his lot turn up? would be interesting for him to find out cheif is still alive lol.

As i say, i only have knowledge to the extent of the games and a few wikki articles about Spartan IIs and stuff that i have read, i vould like to read all the books but tbh it costs to much and would take too long so i'm sticking with the games and the wiki lol

Qoute

Qoute

what would love to experience is for example in reach when you and jorge went out to space what did the other spartans do (i know what they did)

but wouldn't it be cool that player 1 goes to space and player 2 goes and saves civilian player 3 does something else, same with player 2 then they meet up in the end of the LVL.

nice idea but that would make it difficult for lone wolfs to get the full story =/

IMO it would be horrible. Too much splitting campaign may result not understandable. And, there is no Noble-Seven/Eight/Nine. Only Six.

hmmmmmm well then, i wonder when we see the arby and his lot turn up? would be interesting for him to find out cheif is still alive lol.

As i say, i only have knowledge to the extent of the games and a few wikki articles about Spartan IIs and stuff that i have read, i vould like to read all the books but tbh it costs to much and would take too long so i'm sticking with the games and the wiki lol

nice idea but that would make it difficult for lone wolfs to get the full story =/

Indeed it would be interesting. I hope to know the fate of the Arbiter and 'Rtas, but i think if they will reveal it, it will be in Halo 5 or another book.

basically the covie's in the new one don't know the war is over

not exactly. They are the "Storm" faction, wich is still attached to the Religious "Great Journey", or something like that. Remember 4 years has passed since Halo 3, i would find it ridiculous that someone don't know the war is over.

• Like 3

IMO it would be horrible. Too much splitting campaign may result not understandable. And, there is no Noble-Seven/Eight/Nine. Only Six.

Indeed it would be interesting. I hope to know the fate of the Arbiter and 'Rtas, but i think if they will reveal it, it will be in Halo 5 or another book.

not exactly. They are the "Storm" faction, wich is still attached to the Religious "Great Journey", or something like that. Remember 4 years has passed since Halo 3, i would find it ridiculous that someone don't know the war is over.

i doubt more books will come out. maybee in another halo game 5 or 6? but i do hope halo doesnt just come to an abrupt end after H6, i hope there is atleast a H7 maybe more (even if the franchice in juggled between lots of microsoft companies)

yea but you forget that the ship gets sucked into a planet.......maybe the same thing happened to these covies and that's why they don't know the war is over your idea is plausible but you also got to consider they might have been sucked into that planet

i doubt more books will come out. maybee in another halo game 5 or 6? but i do hope halo doesnt just come to an abrupt end after H6, i hope there is atleast a H7 maybe more (even if the franchice in juggled between lots of microsoft companies)

There's a book coming out in January.

the sequel to Glasslands, The Thursday War, is coming out in October, and Silentium, the final chapter of the Forerunner trilogy, in January. (yes, you have quite a lot of things that you'll miss unless you start buying the books, lol!)

Hmh, we'll see. I don't want an abrupt ending, but i don't want a forced sequel too. In fact, i wasn't expecting Halo 4.

yea but you forget that the ship gets sucked into a planet.......maybe the same thing happened to these covies and that's why they don't know the war is over your idea is plausible but you also got to consider they might have been sucked into that planet

343i stated that the Forward Unto Dawn is being attached by a force of Covenants that broke the truce with the Humans.

They come from space.

• Like 1

the sequel to Glasslands, The Thursday War, is coming out in October, and Silentium, the final chapter of the Forerunner trilogy, in January. (yes, you have quite a lot of things that you'll miss unless you start buying the books, lol!)

Hmh, we'll see. I don't want an abrupt ending, but i don't want a forced sequel too. In fact, i wasn't expecting Halo 4.

343i stated that the Forward Unto Dawn is being attached by a force of Covenants that broke the truce with the Humans.

They come from space.

no1 expected a halo4

and a group of rouge elites, sounds fun lol