Are Precursors Humans?

Glory of a Far Dawn

And again, maybe Precursor CREATED the Flood, to prove who's worthy of the Mantle, the Flood went wrong, also infecting the Precursor, but because of their Trans-sentinent abilities they managed to merge with them. The Flood was somehow controlled by humans, and this made them worthy of the mantle. The Forerunner enraged and de-evolved humanity, eradicated Precursor, and took the mantle for themselves.

This theory would also explain the Trans-sentinence of the Flood

it makes sense, but i still want to believe the evolution theory. Precursors are the final evolved form of the flood, and the flood is jut a stage in their evolution

did you not read this post that was made earlier :down:

the precursors and flood are the same. think about it. The primordial said the humans would be tested by floods.......it makes clear sense. If the mantle started from the precursors, then the species that is able to defeat the precursors has shown that they deserve the mantle. By defeating the flood/precursors, it will show humanity's power and will prove that they deserve to inherit the mantle.

its like a king of the hill sort of idea......if humanity can beat the guys on top(precursors/flood), then they get to keep the mantle.

the forerunners lost their opportunity by rebelling against the precursors, so they were kicked out of the contest.......

and they also wiped out almost their entire race as well

But the Forerunners have beaten the Precursors. They should inherit the mantle. I don't think the Precursors foreseen their end, nor from the Forerunners, nor from the Humanity.

And again, maybe Precursor CREATED the Flood, to prove who's worthy of the Mantle, the Flood went wrong, also infecting the Precursor, but because of their Trans-sentinent abilities they managed to merge with them. The Flood was somehow controlled by humans, and this made them worthy of the mantle. The Forerunner enraged and de-evolved humanity, eradicated Precursor, and took the mantle for themselves.

This theory would also explain the Trans-sentinence of the Flood

Humanity controlled the Flood? Maybe they've found a cure, or a weapon against it, but if they were able to control the Flood they should have used it against the Forerunners to win the war.

Humanity controlled the Flood? Maybe they've found a cure, or a weapon against it, but if they were able to control the Flood they should have used it against the Forerunners to win the war.

I meant, they controlled the infection via the cure.

The Primordial is no more a Precursor than The Gravemind(Halo 2 & 3) was a Human, sangheili, Jiralhanae, etc.. The Primordial was just a Gravemind, albeit a perfect Gravemind. Most likely made entirely out of Flood supercells. Now. [WARNING: spoilers ahead] The Flood Powder that Ancient Humans discovered was, more likely than not, created by the Precursor that were forced out of the galaxy during the Forerunner-Precursor war. The Primordial could have been one of the many results from testing that powder, but before they could finish the war happened and the Primordial was left behind. The Ancient Humans took up residence on a Precursor world and discovered how to use the Precursor technology much to the Forerunner's chagrin. They would also eventually stumble across the imprisoned Primordial and discover a way to communicate with it. Not liking the answers it gave them, the Ancient Humans ceased communication and placed a new Timelock over the stasis field it was in. During the Ancient Humans discovered a mysterious ship that contained a cargo full of containers with a fine pale powder. They started testing with this powder and found that it greatly increased pleasant features of the favorite animal (I forget it's name). Eventually odd benign growths appeared on the animals. Things started to fall apart when the animals began eating said growths. The Flood cells were evolving thanks to the ingestion of the growths. The Ancient Humans had been feeding on the animals and now growths began appearing on them. Thus begins the first Flood outbreak. The Ancient Humans lost world after world and in a panic they started taking over new worlds in Forerunner territory. Obviously this angered the Forerunners and would lead to them attacking the Ancient Humans. Now they had a war on two fronts and despite the Flood, the Humans succeeded in fending off the Forerunners for a very long time. Until they found a way to end the flood once and for all, but it was at a great cost. The Ancient Humans reverse engineered the Flood cell so it would attack the original Flood cells. And then the Ancient Humans preformed the ultimate sacrifice. They infected themselves. This new Flood cell succeeded in it's mission and chased the others out of the galaxy. However, now the Ancient Humans no longer had enough man power to fight the Forerunners and eventually they lost. The Forerunners didn't know the reason why they took the planets and saw them as unprovoked acts of aggression. The Forerunners proceeded to punish the Ancient Humans and stripped them of all technology and devolved them. splitting them into many different sub-species. But the Ancient Humans knew that the Flood would be back, and as a last strike against the Forerunner. They destroyed all information pertaining how to defeat the Flood. And we all know what happened after that.

In closing. The Precursor are NOT the Humans or the Flood.

• Like 2

I meant, they controlled the infection via the cure.

Ok then.

The Primordial is no more a Precursor than The Gravemind(Halo 2 & 3) was a Human, sangheili, Jiralhanae, etc.. The Primordial was just a Gravemind, albeit a perfect Gravemind. Most likely made entirely out of Flood supercells. Now. [WARNING: spoilers ahead] The Flood Powder that Ancient Humans discovered was, more likely than not, created by the Precursor that were forced out of the galaxy during the Forerunner-Precursor war. The Primordial could have been one of the many results from testing that powder, but before they could finish the war happened and the Primordial was left behind. The Ancient Humans took up residence on a Precursor world and discovered how to use the Precursor technology much to the Forerunner's chagrin. They would also eventually stumble across the imprisoned Primordial and discover a way to communicate with it. Not liking the answers it gave them, the Ancient Humans ceased communication and placed a new Timelock over the stasis field it was in. During the Ancient Humans discovered a mysterious ship that contained a cargo full of containers with a fine pale powder. They started testing with this powder and found that it greatly increased pleasant features of the favorite animal (I forget it's name). Eventually odd benign growths appeared on the animals. Things started to fall apart when the animals began eating said growths. The Flood cells were evolving thanks to the ingestion of the growths. The Ancient Humans had been feeding on the animals and now growths began appearing on them. Thus begins the first Flood outbreak. The Ancient Humans lost world after world and in a panic they started taking over new worlds in Forerunner territory. Obviously this angered the Forerunners and would lead to them attacking the Ancient Humans. Now they had a war on two fronts and despite the Flood, the Humans succeeded in fending off the Forerunners for a very long time. Until they found a way to end the flood once and for all, but it was at a great cost. The Ancient Humans reverse engineered the Flood cell so it would attack the original Flood cells. And then the Ancient Humans preformed the ultimate sacrifice. They infected themselves. This new Flood cell succeeded in it's mission and chased the others out of the galaxy. However, now the Ancient Humans no longer had enough man power to fight the Forerunners and eventually they lost. The Forerunners didn't know the reason why they took the planets and saw them as unprovoked acts of aggression. The Forerunners proceeded to punish the Ancient Humans and stripped them of all technology and devolved them. splitting them into many different sub-species. But the Ancient Humans knew that the Flood would be back, and as a last strike against the Forerunner. They destroyed all information pertaining how to defeat the Flood. And we all know what happened after that.

Wow. But where did you find this?

this is a good overall explanation, but i think you should read some of the other posts under this topic. I have this whole theory about the evolution of the flood that i may have stated before, but i will repeat it again for you. I think the Precursors are the highest form of the flood, that have completed evolution, and no longer require hosts to survive. After the forerunners rebelled, they left the flood powder as a failsafe plan in case they were wiped out. The setback would be that their species would have to evolve again from the lowest forms of the flood

this is a good overall explanation, but i think you should read some of the other posts under this topic. I have this whole theory about the evolution of the flood that i may have stated before, but i will repeat it again for you. I think the Precursors are the highest form of the flood, that have completed evolution, and no longer require hosts to survive. After the forerunners rebelled, they left the flood powder as a failsafe plan in case they were wiped out. The setback would be that their species would have to evolve again from the lowest forms of the flood

Unfortunately I have to disagree. Mainly for this reason: IF the Precursors were in fact an ultimate version of the Flood. The pinnacle of their evolution. How come the Forerunner were able to defeat them, when the lowest forms of the Flood devastated their entire race? As well as the Ancient Humans'. Being the grandest form of Flood, the Precursor should have no problems ending any rebellion, but they couldn't.

Another reason is the Precursors upheld the Mantle. They either created it or it was handed to them by some other species that died off long ago. While the Flood, by design, consume everything in it's path with no rhyme or reason other than to grow and consume more. It is a sickness. A disease. A parasite. Now picture this. The Precursors are the King of the Galaxy. They rule justly and everyone has a good time, but then there is a problem. The King has two sons. Two Princes of roughly the same age that are both gunning for being the successor of their great father and take over the Mantle. Obviously these two princes represent the Ancient Humans and the Forerunners. The problem the Precursors had was: How would they be able to choose the best successor? Making both Princes preform a test would be the best way to solve who would be the next to uphold the Mantle. And so the King, the Precursors, created and began testing with a pale powder with odd properties. They found that it was capable of taking over another creatures cells and converting them to another cell, thus creating the first Flood, which most likely lead to the creation of the Primordial. During this time one of the Princes, the Forerunners, overheard that the King held the other Prince in high regard rather than the other. This made the Forerunner resent the Precursors. Becoming scornful. The Prince attacked the King and took the Mantle for himself. Because of the Forerunner-Precursor war. The Flood test was never perfected and was still very volatile and aggressive. But it was too late. The Flood-Ancient Human war went underway. The Ancient Humans defeat the Flood and prove themselves worthy, while the Forerunners would be destroyed by their arrogance from having defeat the Precursors and thinking that they were the true holders of the Mantle.

Wow. But where did you find this?

The first two books in the Forerunner Trilogy by Greg Bear. I recommend them, they're pretty fantastic with lots of information!

• Like 2

Unfortunately I have to disagree. Mainly for this reason: IF the Precursors were in fact an ultimate version of the Flood. The pinnacle of their evolution. How come the Forerunner were able to defeat them, when the lowest forms of the Flood devastated their entire race? As well as the Ancient Humans'. Being the grandest form of Flood, the Precursor should have no problems ending any rebellion, but they couldn't.

Another reason is the Precursors upheld the Mantle. They either created it or it was handed to them by some other species that died off long ago. While the Flood, by design, consume everything in it's path with no rhyme or reason other than to grow and consume more. It is a sickness. A disease. A parasite. Now picture this. The Precursors are the King of the Galaxy. They rule justly and everyone has a good time, but then there is a problem. The King has two sons. Two Princes of roughly the same age that are both gunning for being the successor of their great father and take over the Mantle. Obviously these two princes represent the Ancient Humans and the Forerunners. The problem the Precursors had was: How would they be able to choose the best successor? Making both Princes preform a test would be the best way to solve who would be the next to uphold the Mantle. And so the King, the Precursors, created and began testing with a pale powder with odd properties. They found that it was capable of taking over another creatures cells and converting them to another cell, thus creating the first Flood, which most likely lead to the creation of the Primordial. During this time one of the Princes, the Forerunners, overheard that the King held the other Prince in high regard rather than the other. This made the Forerunner resent the Precursors. Becoming scornful. The Prince attacked the King and took the Mantle for himself. Because of the Forerunner-Precursor war. The Flood test was never perfected and was still very volatile and aggressive. But it was too late. The Flood-Ancient Human war went underway. The Ancient Humans defeat the Flood and prove themselves worthy, while the Forerunners would be destroyed by their arrogance from having defeat the Precursors and thinking that they were the true holders of the Mantle.

The first two books in the Forerunner Trilogy by Greg Bear. I recommend them, they're pretty fantastic with lots of information!

Yeah, i've read them, but you have explained them very well! I'll ask you to explain me the third when it is the time :D lol!

that is a very good point that i have never thought of before. I will have to rethink my theory a little bit. But you have to consider than even if the precursors arent the pinnacle of the flood, how could the forerunners have defeated the very ones who created them?

that is a very good point that i have never thought of before. I will have to rethink my theory a little bit. But you have to consider than even if the precursors arent the pinnacle of the flood, how could the forerunners have defeated the very ones who created them?

Despite my own speculations I do like your theory, so I'm interested in reading your revised version when you're done rethinking :turned: And that is an excellent question! How indeed did the Forerunners manage to defeat the very ones that gave their civilization the technology to thrive? Maybe the Precursors, in all their wisdom, didn't expect the Forerunners to attack so suddenly? Or maybe the Precursors just weren't that good at fighting? It's hard to say, and hopefully the last book of the Forerunner Trilogy will tell us exactly what happened back then!

Yeah, i've read them, but you have explained them very well! I'll ask you to explain me the third when it is the time :D lol!

Ha, you're too kind! And when the time comes and you truly want me to help explain the book; I'll gladly do it! I'll take any chance I get to talk about Halo Lore, haha.

• Like 1

Despite my own speculations I do like your theory, so I'm interested in reading your revised version when you're done rethinking :turned: And that is an excellent question! How indeed did the Forerunners manage to defeat the very ones that gave their civilization the technology to thrive? Maybe the Precursors, in all their wisdom, didn't expect the Forerunners to attack so suddenly? Or maybe the Precursors just weren't that good at fighting? It's hard to say, and hopefully the last book of the Forerunner Trilogy will tell us exactly what happened back then!

ok, i have thought a little and have simply added more detail to my theory. I didnt really have to change anything. :laughing:

so there was a previous galaxy full of other life, until the flood overran everything and wiped it all out. In that time, the flood had evolved from the smaller flood forms into the mighty precursors. They no longer had to rely on hosts and they could build technology at that point. They also had no enemies at the time becuase there was no other life. Then came the belief in the mantle. As being keepers of life, the precursors had no life to protect. So they created the forerunners to put the mantle into action. they wanted to be peacefull with other life because they no longer needed hosts to thrive off of, so they didnt need weapons of any sort. Meanwhile, the forerunners had developed weapons and crated an army to rebel against the precursors. The precursors had been in peacefull times and didnt have an weaponry to use in a war. So they were easily defeated by the forerunners who were prepared for combat. Since they were no longer in a position to keep the mantle, they would have to hand it off to humanity, and not the forerunners because of the war. the original flood forms would have to test humanity to prove that they should keep the mantle, since the Precursors were unable to do so themselves

or it could be possible that this "cycle" of the flood happens over and over again in the same galaxy. The flood destroys all life and becomes precursors...precursors create more life and create the mantle.....the life that they protect rebels and they are devolved to the flood.....the flood test to see if a a new species will be worthy to protect the mantle the next time around....and the flood always seems to win...so they become precursors again, and try creating more life.

and this cycle has continued until humanity fought bravely against flood, and has somewhat defeated it

ok, i have thought a little and have simply added more detail to my theory. I didnt really have to change anything. :laughing:

so there was a previous galaxy full of other life, until the flood overran everything and wiped it all out. In that time, the flood had evolved from the smaller flood forms into the mighty precursors. They no longer had to rely on hosts and they could build technology at that point. They also had no enemies at the time becuase there was no other life. Then came the belief in the mantle. As being keepers of life, the precursors had no life to protect. So they created the forerunners to put the mantle into action. they wanted to be peacefull with other life because they no longer needed hosts to thrive off of, so they didnt need weapons of any sort. Meanwhile, the forerunners had developed weapons and crated an army to rebel against the precursors. The precursors had been in peacefull times and didnt have an weaponry to use in a war. So they were easily defeated by the forerunners who were prepared for combat. Since they were no longer in a position to keep the mantle, they would have to hand it off to humanity, and not the forerunners because of the war. the original flood forms would have to test humanity to prove that they should keep the mantle, since the Precursors were unable to do so themselves

or it could be possible that this "cycle" of the flood happens over and over again in the same galaxy. The flood destroys all life and becomes precursors...precursors create more life and create the mantle.....the life that they protect rebels and they are devolved to the flood.....the flood test to see if a a new species will be worthy to protect the mantle the next time around....and the flood always seems to win...so they become precursors again, and try creating more life.

and this cycle has continued until humanity fought bravely against flood, and has somewhat defeated it

The problem is all human and forerunner technology comes from precursor technology. Also another problem is humans never found an actual cure or defeated the flood. It was rumored that humans found a cure. From what I've read, that was part espionage on the forerunners who were trying to gain intel on humans. By spreading that humans had found a cure, they were trying to lure the forerunners into a trap. They never had a cure for the flood. This goes into the whole human-forerunner war reasoning. Why would humans need to expand into other galaxies if they had a cure for the flood? they were trying to get away from the flood and encroached on forerunner worlds. Since forerunners didn't know about the flood yet (which goes against the cyclic thing cuz there should be information about the flood all over the place if precursors were indeed the flood, yet they were discovered or re-discovered in ancient human territory), they considered the ancient human expansion an act of war. If Didact and forerunners had known about the flood, they would have reacted differently to human expansion. Possibly by combining forces and technology to defeat the flood.

On another note, the two princes theory sounds interesting. It sounds similar to the whole naruto universe, where there is a yin and a yang that are destined to fight. So you have an original "king" or master that creates two sons with different abilities who are destined to war against each other. then, in the halo universe you have a third created antagonist that will destroy them both at some point.

My suggestion though, is that the reason the precursors were driven off, not destroyed, by the forerunners is the same reason ancient humans lost to the forerunners. They were fighting two fronts, the flood and the forerunners. Since the forerunners had no knowledge that they were being advantageous by attacking from the other side of their enemies' territory while that enemy was also fighting the flood infection in another, forerunners believed they were superior. Because forerunners had superior tech, they were able to escape the boundaries known to lower forerunner and humans and thus, leave their mantle. Also think of this, if ancient humans hadn't been betrayed by the Prophets (their allies who made a side deal with forerunners), would they have been defeated when they were? Despite the fact the flood was advancing on them and forerunners were winning battles, humans were able to fend off both for an extremely long period of time. meanwhile forerunners, after winning and de-evolving humans and prophets tech, started fighting the flood and their only solution was to self-destruct. their arrogance in the face of an enemy that wasn't overwhelmed from fighting two fronts was shattered. and if they had known this when fighting the precursors, as with ancient humans, they would have reacted differently instead of helping the flood.

You guys know your stuff. I need to read Primordium. May buy it today. But from the Forerunners idealogy, it seems that they have a slighlty seperate attitudes towards the Humans and Precursors. Like the Humans are a mutant pest and the Precursors an ancient arch-rival...

My suggestion though, is that the reason the precursors were driven off, not destroyed, by the forerunners is the same reason ancient humans lost to the forerunners. They were fighting two fronts, the flood and the forerunners. Since the forerunners had no knowledge that they were being advantageous by attacking from the other side of their enemies' territory while that enemy was also fighting the flood infection in another, forerunners believed they were superior. Because forerunners had superior tech, they were able to escape the boundaries known to lower forerunner and humans and thus, leave their mantle. Also think of this, if ancient humans hadn't been betrayed by the Prophets (their allies who made a side deal with forerunners), would they have been defeated when they were? Despite the fact the flood was advancing on them and forerunners were winning battles, humans were able to fend off both for an extremely long period of time. meanwhile forerunners, after winning and de-evolving humans and prophets tech, started fighting the flood and their only solution was to self-destruct. their arrogance in the face of an enemy that wasn't overwhelmed from fighting two fronts was shattered. and if they had known this when fighting the precursors, as with ancient humans, they would have reacted differently instead of helping the flood.

Quite right.

But the same question persists: if Precursors CREATED the Forerunners and Humans and everything, why did they lost? They had the maximum tier of known technology, but Forerunners managed to fight them and win, and succesfully exile them from the Galaxy. Why? How?

In my opinion, we still don't know enough stuff to understand this, and i hope Silentium will clarify many things i am dubious about.

The problem is all human and forerunner technology comes from precursor technology. Also another problem is humans never found an actual cure or defeated the flood. It was rumored that humans found a cure. From what I've read, that was part espionage on the forerunners who were trying to gain intel on humans. By spreading that humans had found a cure, they were trying to lure the forerunners into a trap. They never had a cure for the flood. This goes into the whole human-forerunner war reasoning. Why would humans need to expand into other galaxies if they had a cure for the flood? they were trying to get away from the flood and encroached on forerunner worlds. Since forerunners didn't know about the flood yet (which goes against the cyclic thing cuz there should be information about the flood all over the place if precursors were indeed the flood, yet they were discovered or re-discovered in ancient human territory), they considered the ancient human expansion an act of war. If Didact and forerunners had known about the flood, they would have reacted differently to human expansion. Possibly by combining forces and technology to defeat the flood.

when i refered to the humans defeating the flood, i was not talking about the ancient humans at all. I was trying to say that the current humans had temporarily defeated the flood for all we know.

and with regards to the technology, it is very possible that the forerunners based their technology for weapons off of precursors technology. Even if the precursors didnt have weapons

as an example, the precursors use nuclear power as source of energy. the forerunners then create nuclear bombs based off of the technology that the precursor had.

the precursors have no weaponry at all, but the forerunners use their technology and turn it into weapons

• Like 1

when i refered to the humans defeating the flood, i was not talking about the ancient humans at all. I was trying to say that the current humans had temporarily defeated the flood for all we know.

and with regards to the technology, it is very possible that the forerunners based their technology for weapons off of precursors technology. Even if the precursors didnt have weapons

as an example, the precursors use nuclear power as source of energy. the forerunners then create nuclear bombs based off of the technology that the precursor had.

the precursors have no weaponry at all, but the forerunners use their technology and turn it into weapons

Simple words: Precursors use rocks as technology. Forerunner said, thats neat, I could kill with that, lets turn it into a weapon

http://halofanon.wikia.com/wiki/Precursors_(Jawsredfield)

The Precursors were a race preceding and mythologised by the Forerunner, being theoretical "Trans-sentient" beings, having the ability to travel intergalactic and accelerate the evolution of intelligent life. The Precursors are believed to have achieved Tier 0 (Trans-sentience) on the Forerunners' Technological Achievement Scale.

"The Precursor constructs a wide variety of arsenals, ranging from primitive projectile to pure energy, all eventually reverse engineered by other races, one of which the Forerunner. The weapon catalogue which includes their details and specification were unknown as data archive containing them were lost along with the Precursor. There are such weapons like the PSMAR or "Precursor Superimposed Metalethal Assault Rifle." Other Weapons include Super Pulse Cannon and others."

sounds like a rock to me too. Of course this is fan wiki...

• Like 1

The following information is a spoiler to the books Cryptum and Primordium.

Precursors are not humans, and Forerunners are not Humans, and Precursors are not Forerunners. The only relationship between these three species is that the Precursors created both the Humans and the Forerunners.

The Precursors created both the Humans and the Forerunners for a very specific purpose. To take their place in the universe after they had left. Precursor technology (and their physiology) was more advanced than our wildest imaginations could allow. For all intents and purposes, they were "Gods made flesh". The Precursors are responsible for the creation of most, if not all, of the intelligent life in the universe.

Even thousands of years after they were "forced" from the galaxy, their plans were still shaping how everyone lived in it. Let's follow a little chain of logic that is gleaned from the novels:

1. The Precursors created both the Humans and the Forerunners to take the "mantle". -Cryptum-

2. The Forerunners turned on the Precursors and seized power throughout the galaxy, making them unfit to carry the burden of the "mantle". -Cryptum-

3. A sentient parasitic infection created by the Precursors begins to plague the Humans, forcing them to infringe on Forerunner space, causing a war on two fronts for the humans. -Cryptum-

4. Oddly enough, the Humans (who DIDN'T go against the Precursors) were the only ones to survive the results of this war. -Primordium-

5. The Humans, even though they aren't immune to the flood, were able to stave off the flood not once, not twice, but three times. -Entire Halo Story thus far-

6. The Forerunners, even though they were more technologically advanced, were forced to extinction (possibly). -Cryptum and Primordium-

Judging from the evidence at hand, it seems that the Precursors are the ones who are pulling the strings in this giant puppet-show.

The following information is a spoiler to the books Cryptum and Primordium.

Precursors are not humans, and Forerunners are not Humans, and Precursors are not Forerunners. The only relationship between these three species is that the Precursors created both the Humans and the Forerunners.

The Precursors created both the Humans and the Forerunners for a very specific purpose. To take their place in the universe after they had left. Precursor technology (and their physiology) was more advanced than our wildest imaginations could allow. For all intents and purposes, they were "Gods made flesh". The Precursors are responsible for the creation of most, if not all, of the intelligent life in the universe.

Even thousands of years after they were "forced" from the galaxy, their plans were still shaping how everyone lived in it. Let's follow a little chain of logic that is gleaned from the novels:

1. The Precursors created both the Humans and the Forerunners to take the "mantle". -Cryptum-

2. The Forerunners turned on the Precursors and seized power throughout the galaxy, making them unfit to carry the burden of the "mantle". -Cryptum-

3. A sentient parasitic infection created by the Precursors begins to plague the Humans, forcing them to infringe on Forerunner space, causing a war on two fronts for the humans. -Cryptum-

4. Oddly enough, the Humans (who DIDN'T go against the Precursors) were the only ones to survive the results of this war. -Primordium-

5. The Humans, even though they aren't immune to the flood, were able to stave off the flood not once, not twice, but three times. -Entire Halo Story thus far-

6. The Forerunners, even though they were more technologically advanced, were forced to extinction (possibly). -Cryptum and Primordium-

Judging from the evidence at hand, it seems that the Precursors are the ones who are pulling the strings in this giant puppet-show.

Quite correct, but we still don't know why the Forerunners turned on the Precursors, and why the Precursors created the Flood.

And why should they left the galaxy?

Quite correct, but we still don't know why the Forerunners turned on the Precursors, and why the Precursors created the Flood.

lol

The Timeless One revealed (in Primordium) that the Flood was created as a test. Not for the Forerunners, but for the Humans. And while it hasn't yet been revealed why the Forerunners turned on the Precursors, or why the Precursors left, there is a common theory.

The Precursors knew that some amongst their ranks would resist being "displaced" by their creations, and yet this was necessary. So, they created the Forerunners and left a genetic imprint on them so that they would attack the Precursors and drive them from the galaxy, quelling the members of the Precursors who would resist leaving the Galaxy to the humans in the first place. However, after they did that, there was a chance that the Forerunners would try to take over for the Precursors (which couldn't be allowed as it wasn't their place), which is why the Flood was created. It's sole purpose was to test Humanity (give them a common enemy to fight or somesuch) and get rid of the Forerunners. Both of which it did excellently.

• Like 2

http://halofanon.wik..._(Jawsredfield)

The Precursors were a race preceding and mythologised by the Forerunner, being theoretical "Trans-sentient" beings, having the ability to travel intergalactic and accelerate the evolution of intelligent life. The Precursors are believed to have achieved Tier 0 (Trans-sentience) on the Forerunners' Technological Achievement Scale.

"The Precursor constructs a wide variety of arsenals, ranging from primitive projectile to pure energy, all eventually reverse engineered by other races, one of which the Forerunner. The weapon catalogue which includes their details and specification were unknown as data archive containing them were lost along with the Precursor. There are such weapons like the PSMAR or "Precursor Superimposed Metalethal Assault Rifle." Other Weapons include Super Pulse Cannon and others."

sounds like a rock to me too. Of course this is fan wiki...

this can still comply with my theory. The precurosrs may have had weapons, but did they actually have an army to use them?? I think that they used the weapons to wipe out life in their previous galaxy, but they they no longer needed anyone too use them since they were the only race alive. And why would they have an army if they were the original keepers of the Mantle?? The are supposed to protect and preserve life, and army only destroys it

Humans and Forerunners are both Humanoids, which is why Humans are "Reclaimers," since most Forerunner tech including thehalo Rings being fired)could only be done by a humanoid.

Precursors are crustations (shelled beings), not humanoids, so no Human could not have been descedndants of Precursors.

The Flood were created by the Precursors inte previous galaxy, and were forced ou after the Flood took over there.

The Flood were created by the Precursors inte previous galaxy, and were forced ou after the Flood took over there.

But they are GODS. They CREATED life. How could they possibly be beaten by their own creations? Flood or Forerunners, we still don't know enough to talk about this.