The Issue with Multi Team, please fix it

Victory Element

multi team has been one of my favorite gamemodes in halo, but there is a problem with this mode that needs to be fixed.....maybe not the gamemode, its the players....

Multi team has a variety of game modes, both objective based and slayer types, and my problem is people not playing for the win. Too many players go for kills instead of the actual objective that some games are based around. They take advantage of the fact that some players go for the objective and want to win the game the right way. The objective players end up like sitting ducks to those who hoard the power weapons and go for kills. It ruins the spirit of the game and takes away the fun of the competition. Some players use this apropriately though, for example, one player gives cover fire with the sniper while the other two go for the objective. but too many people take advantage of this.

The only way to stop this would be to stop rewarding players for only getting kills in an objective based gametype. In halo 4, the spartan points should be given out for scoring points from the objectives, but kills would be rewarded for in slayer modes. If the players realize that they wont get any reward for trying to rack up kills, they will stop. It will keep objective games objective based and all players will be working for points from the objectives. Thats what objectives are meant for anyways, right? I hope this problem is delt with in halo 4, and there should be no complaint from anyone, because if you do complain, it shows how you get your cheap kills

• Like 2

multi team has been one of my favorite gamemodes in halo, but there is a problem with this mode that needs to be fixed.....maybe not the gamemode, its the players....

Multi team has a variety of game modes, both objective based and slayer types, and my problem is people not playing for the win. Too many players go for kills instead of the actual objective that some games are based around. They take advantage of the fact that some players go for the objective and want to win the game the right way. The objective players end up like sitting ducks to those who hoard the power weapons and go for kills. It ruins the spirit of the game and takes away the fun of the competition. Some players use this apropriately though, for example, one player gives cover fire with the sniper while the other two go for the objective. but too many people take advantage of this.

The only way to stop this would be to stop rewarding players for only getting kills in an objective based gametype. In halo 4, the spartan points should be given out for scoring points from the objectives, but kills would be rewarded for in slayer modes. If the players realize that they wont get any reward for trying to rack up kills, they will stop. It will keep objective games objective based and all players will be working for points from the objectives. Thats what objectives are meant for anyways, right? I hope this problem is delt with in halo 4, and there should be no complaint from anyone, because if you do complain, it shows how you get your cheap kills

^^^This.

This would eliminate ALL boosting! Except for spawn trapping in Slayer Gametypes.

ya, that is another one of the problems in multi team. You sort of have a "spawn zone" where you constantly spawn, whether enemies are there or not. The only way to fix this may be to give spawn acces to players all over each map, not just in their zone and on teamates

I cant say anything else than that i completely agree with you and im glad im not the only one thinking like this.

countless times when i have played some oblective in reach theres always atleast one team that only goes for the kills, and they end up wiht 0 score and 50/2 K/D. Your ideas of preventing this were good, though players who plays the real objective are also affected, but i guess its a prise we can pay for preventing kill whores. :P

I agree with the OP players in objectives need to stop being rewarded for kills, the other night I was playing action sack with Zag and Donut etc and we were playing hockey and the other team just went in and tried to kill all of us.

I love objective based games they are my fav but at the moment it's just slayer with a flag or a ball

Your right, those people are anoying but it would be pretty hard to fix that wouldn't it?

it wouldnt be hard. As i said above, you just need to stop rewarding the players if they are not getting points from the objective. For example in reach, only give them like 1/3 of the credits they would normally get. In reach, players always receiv a decent reward after each game, wether they go for objectives or not. limiting this will make players work for the objective so they are able to obtain credits