your memorible Halo multiplayer moments

Vitamin Pwn

post you memorable halo moments here, it could be an epic kill, an epic match, or an epic fail or what ever stands out in you mind.

my memorable halo moment was in halo 3 grifball, me and my buddy were playing and he grabs the ball and gets launch in the air ridiculously high and start falling over the other teams goal. the entire enemy team gathers around their goal and looks up at my buddy. i run up unnoticed and kill the entire team with one hammer swing, my friend lands and we win the round.

thats my halo moment, whats yours?

• Like 1

Let's see... Oh! I got one.

I'm up early one Saturday morning and decide to have a few Team Slayer matches before my roommate wakes up.

I don't know a lot of people up at that time on a weekend, so I'm playing with a team that doesn't talk or use mics.

So with no real leadership I'm trying to at least get my unit a little more coordinated, y'know?

Think it was a Slayer Pro match on Swordbase (edit: wrong game type; it was just regular Team Slayer), and you know how that one area on the third floor sees a lot of action?

Well my teammates are being heroes and overpowering this one opponent as he takes pot-shots from across the bridge.

I'm left alone to watch the Yellow Lift exit room folks try to sneak up in as well as the stairs in back and the adjascent room with the big window.

These guys were being sneaky, I tell you. Great diversionary tactic vs a bunch of n00bz. But one of them slipped up and I get a ping on my radar.

So I go check out the stairwell where it seemed to have come from. I'm thinking, "I can take this guy... But what if he's got the sword? Or worse! Whatever, I can dance with the best of 'em."

I come to the corner at the top of the stairs (I know, it's a ramp but I think of it as stairs) and take a peek.

That's when a frag grenade comes sailing up towards me and I see him. But HE was really THEY and I was outgunned.

"You guys! They're behind us, coming up the stairs!" I yell as I start backing up and lobbing grenades to slow them down.

Either my team was too far away or just ignorant because they didn't come running, and I was left facing 3 blues with no grenades.

As they whittled down my shields I ran and bounced around as I shot back. But I learned the value of Armor Locking that match.

Shields gone, a headshot or pummeling imminent, I snapped on AL and waited for the cavalry, and you know what?

They showed up, and after a bit of a skirmish they managed to kill the blues.

Now, I wish I could say I survived that tussle and we won the match, but this isn't a feelgood tale of overcoming the odds.

They were still a bunch of n00bz that played terribly up to that point.

No, what made that match memorable was how at the moment I was yelling, "They're coming up the stairs!" my roommate actually WAS coming up the stairs and thought I was yelling about him, started yelling back like I was being a ******. I threw on AL at that point and laughed at him. That might be why I died, but something tells me it was the grenades they wasted on me (probably what cost them that skirmish).

Moral: AL has it's place, IMHO. And don't yell too loudly when talking into your mic if you live with people. =x

Edited by Father Bullet

Ok well here is a great epic clutch moment i have had on Halo Reach.

I was playing a game on Countdown as the blues and about halfway through the game I saw a fast red dot coming up behind me on the radar. I was like "OHHH SHIIIITTT" (not exactly but ya know what I mean). I didn't have enough time to turn around, but luckily I had a grenade launcher. So I shot it at the wall in front of me, right as the red guy punched me in the back and took me into the assassination animation. The grenade from the grenade launcher bounced off the wall, went back, and killed the red guy. So I got a showstopper medal on myself :rambo:

something similar happened to me but in my situation the guy had a sword and i had no gernades, no armorlock, no gernade launcher, but a hologram, i looked down used it and jumped real quick, the guy lunged at the hologram( man he must have been real stupid or i did the move too quickly to be noticed, and then bam i did an assasination from above...

but my epic moments of halo reach was in invasion, boneyard, we were the elites, i mean i was the only elite, the rest quit except for one other, so it was 2 vs 6 spartans, it was the last phase where we had to get the core and i chose the class with the energy sword, this happened early after halo reach, so this class also had evade, the guy escaped the first room with the core with no problems, but as soon as he entered the next it was ambush time, a scorpion outside with 4 other spartans shooting the guy. i at this point just killed the 6th guy who tried to kill us from the other side. i then thoght ill never beat them and decided to do the stupidest thing but what ended up to be a smart idea, hit and evade, hit and evade, eliminated the whole squad under the heavy fire, and amazingly hijacked the scorpion in the end and destroyed it, This is the arbiter!!! but we didnt win it because after that they got the warthogs and creamed us, too bad they changed the class to sword with hologram. always wanted to do it again

Mine would have to be a simple one, but I was quite impressed with myself.

It was a game of infection on powerhouse, all the uninfected players stayed at the spawn-point at the bottem of the map for the entire game like the noobs they were. The infected team (excluding myself) kept rushing them head on and dieing alot. I had the idea to sneak up on the right hand side on top of the small building and I chose my moment when the uninfected were distracted by my not entirely usless team, I sprinted and jumped into the uninfected team and killed all of them, without them even seeing me. And then they accussed me of cheating.

at the start or a team slayer game on board walk i was the blues i ran to sniper picked it up zoomed in a usual at the bridge wich leads to reds snipe i took a shot on the first guy i see bang triple kil collateral then i look at were there snipe is bang overkill extermination then the whole othe team quit lol

• 3 months later...

oh i got another memorable(to me at least) moment Grifball evolved in Reach, i have the bomb running to the goal, two guys rush at me i beat the down with the bomb. at this point my back is towards the goal and i start running backwards, a third guy runs at me with a hammer and me, not seeing him since he was behind me, i evade back towards the goal avoiding the hammer and scoring the game winning goal at the same time.

also this is no way a bump in anyway, shape, or form

i got another one yesterday,playing team slayer on breakpoint , there was a enemy falcon flying around with two gunners, i pull out my rocket launcer and shot it down and i get 3 laser kill medal.....with the rocket launcer how i dont know but i got them some how, i didnt even pick up a spartan laser that match. the same match im flying a falcon with my buddy on gunner we get shot by a Spartan laser and it says i betrayed my buddy, i was flying and he was gunning there was no way i could betray him. overall it was a weird match memorable but weird

Threw a plasma grenade aimlessly over the hill in Valhalla and stuck someone on the other side.

Threw an energy drain onto the man cannon in Valhalla and knocked down a Banshee. I launched myself via said man cannon and stuck the ******* while soaring through the air.

On Sandrap, I was about to laser a warthog with two people inside (think a flag carrier too.) But another guy in a different warthog drove up behind him out of nowhere the second the laser went off and I lasered both warthogs at the same time.

Sticking people always feels good.

Me and some other guy both spawn by the sniper rifle. we look at each other for a second, then both break out into a mad dash for the sniper. i barely make it there first, beating my team mate to the sniper. i start tea-bagging him in my moment of glory, when all of the sudden i get sniped by a red up on the cliff. my team mate shoots my lifeless body twice, takes the sniper and runs for it.