Is the ranking system going to be 1-50!?!

RyanCFC

just wondering if halo 4 ranking sytem will be the same as halo 2 and 3 (1-50)? if its like reach then the game is going to be a flop!

If it was like 1-50, it would flop. It was widely hated for promoting the selling and distribution of Microsoft accounts.

That's right, not only was the system retarded, it creates one of those stupid niche 'black market' aspects, that you should only ever find in MMORPGs.

• Like 1

I read something recently, saying that the levels will be hidden to all except yourself. Honestly, who cares about the levels. Just measure my skill, based on some metric ( wins/loss, k/d, assist, etc.) and then match me with players of similar skill. Do not keep all playlist social, where Timmy and his 2 ********* friends team kill, or rage quit and ruin the game. No one uses mics anymore, no one cares about winning, because as long as you perform well, you will get exp to level. The other day in a reach match, the ending score was 49-50. At no point did the intensity ever kick in. Rewind to halo 2/3, when the match would end up with 49-49, intensity level would sky rocket and all players would get ultra competitive, for the final kill. This is all I want to see, competitive intense match, where team work and mic usage are the norm. Is this too much to ask?

• Like 3

It has a system that "Combines Halo 3 and Halo Reach"

And might you remember the Ranking System in a game does not determine how it is. I could get pancake points and I would not care.

Could not agree more: The Ranking System does not define a game.

I've always been more a Social Player, but those times I wanted to get Competitive in H3 were such a pain in the a. Don't get me wrong when I get competitive, no one can stop me. I do my best, and always try to play teamwork. But sometimes you would just do SO much and some AFK dumb-ay would give away too many kills and make your team loose.

I think the perfect Ranking System would be the combination of Reach's and Halo 3's but still completely different when put together.

Take Reach's points for everything YOU do right, and Halo 3's skill system. As long as you play well, you can earn points + a bonus for winning a match. And make it still 1-50 or something like dat.

Imagine this. You can't rank up, unless you make more than 100 kills or so for your first rank, 200 for next, 300 for next, and it goes on and on. Doesn't matter if you win/loose the match. And your skill will matter, because, sometimes people win after doing not more than 5 kills.

Don't forget improving matchmaking so you would actually be paired up with your skill-group or whatever. Also, some kick-out people when they are AFK for more than 4 minutes. or so.

• Like 1

A ranking system does not make a game competitive.

While it doesn't change the actual game, it has a big influence on gameplay/ the way people play, which makes it competitive. In reach I have nothing to lose if I go negative and don't win, because I'm rewarded with credits and rank advancement either way. However, with a ranking system (lets says it's number based) If I know my level 45 is at stake and can go down if i perform poorly and lose, that will cause me to try my best and play competitively, as opposed to goofing around in a system that doesn't care if you lose. Get what I'm saying? It influences gameplay because with a ranking system like we've seen in the past, you have something to lose if you do poorly. Without a ranking system, who gives a **** if you lose, you progress either way.

• Like 2

While it doesn't change the actual game, it has a big influence on gameplay/ the way people play, which makes it competitive. In reach I have nothing to lose if I go negative and don't win, because I'm rewarded with credits and rank advancement either way. However, with a ranking system (lets says it's number based) If I know my level 45 is at stake and can go down if i perform poorly and lose, that will cause me to try my best and play competitively, as opposed to goofing around in a system that doesn't care if you lose. Get what I'm saying? It influences gameplay because with a ranking system like we've seen in the past, you have something to lose if you do poorly. Without a ranking system, who gives a **** if you lose, you progress either way.

Some people like to win. If you only try to win if there's a ranking system then you are not a competitive person.

• Like 1

I read something recently, saying that the levels will be hidden to all except yourself. Honestly, who cares about the levels. Just measure my skill, based on some metric ( wins/loss, k/d, assist, etc.) and then match me with players of similar skill. Do not keep all playlist social, where Timmy and his 2 ********* friends team kill, or rage quit and ruin the game. No one uses mics anymore, no one cares about winning, because as long as you perform well, you will get exp to level. The other day in a reach match, the ending score was 49-50. At no point did the intensity ever kick in. Rewind to halo 2/3, when the match would end up with 49-49, intensity level would sky rocket and all players would get ultra competitive, for the final kill. This is all I want to see, competitive intense match, where team work and mic usage are the norm. Is this too much to ask?

I completely agree with you sir. Well said.

A ranking system doesn't define a game or make it competitive but it gives people something to strive for. I try to win every time, regardless, but it's a fun objective to try to go for your highest rank. It's awesome to finally achieve that high rank that you've had your eye on. That's what made Halo 2 and 3 matchmaking so great and kept people playing. It gives people a goal and unlike anything Halo Reach can offer. It gives those epic "49-49 score" moments and makes things interesting and competitive.

• Like 1

the rank at halo reach didnt show how good you were, just how much you played, because you got awarded for doing nothing sometimes but it was a funny thing with the credits and then you could buy armor etc. halo 3 with exp and highest skill, was very good in my opinion becouse it really showed how good you were. So just as some of you said, it would be good if you combined halo reach and halo 3 ranking systems. but the credits wouldnt have to do anything with the rank.

Then it would be cool if you lost the game you wouldnt get any "team exp" or "winning exp" or something, just some credits for what just you have earned. and then you would have to have a certain amount of "team exp", highest skill and exp to gain rank. i think this would help up the teamwork in halo.

also as some of you said its a good thing with the auto ban :D

well yeah.. to play and have fun is the main reason to play :P but thats why i suggested, like some others said to combine the to ranking systems, you will still have alot of armor pieces to unlock with credits, like reach. and you have to be good to rank up like halo 3 :D