Halo Bulletin confirms XBL Gold required for Spartan Ops

Mr. Bashful Brute

I can order from other countries but shipping is ***** and so is RMAs. BF3 on PC was $70, this is why I am PC gaming all the way. Yes it would be nice if everyone was able to afford Gold but it just isn't possible. Our dollar is worth about 80c USD but our oil is somewhere around $2-3/L depending where you buy it.

Bro its possible to use a US XBL account to buy games at their prices, sure that requires HD space but its gotta be cheaper than your countries inflated retail game costs. Halo 4 comes with a '$25 coupon for your next Microsoft Store online purchase'

as well, meaning you could treat yourself to the map dlc pass for free, or maybe put it towards a years worth of gold.

Every now and again a countries offer free games, I've created US, Taiwanese and Japanese dummy accounts in the past to download these freebie games.

Only thing I've been unhappy with country wise with Halo 4 was not all the pre-orders are available in every country, I'd have really liked the forest skin but no retailer here in the UK carried it, least none I could see.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think it's crap. I have Xbox Live Gold, but no Internet. If I wanna play online I have to go to a friends house to play online.

I've beaten the Campaign on Normal already. Now I'm working on Heroic and then Legendary. And Custom Games and Forge are only entertaining for so long.

343i should have really thought about the people without access to the Internet. Spartan Ops should be able to be player offline. Then if you want the rest of the Episodes just go online and download them when you get the chance.

I hope 343i reads my post and many other's posts and fixes this with an update. 343i, y'all created an outstanding Campaign, but fumbled the ball with Spartan Ops. Well by that I mean choosing to have to be online to play it. Y'all lost respect on that part.

• Like 1

a 2 week gold membership isnt enough!! cause after readin alot of pplz comments sayin that u cant download it & research & found out u cant download them, but have to stick with it online & play them all, this is crap!! im not forkin out alot of money for microsoft points & a gold conscription plus internet usage bills, just to play spartan ops that they already said that the price is covered in the LE, im wastin round $200 if i do this!! i was lookin forward to them with the gold conscription i was gonna give to my friend (he haves XBL) to download for me :/, this is ridiculous!! why is it that M$ is limitin & takin the advantage of a great franchise :/

343i I would like you to respond to this thread. Why did you cave into MS and make Spartan Ops which is a canon sequel to Halo 4 a gold account only game. How about release it for ppl with Silver accounts for free or if MS says no how about release each one for 99 cents. If these doesn't get fix I'll be boycotting every game you make.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...