Custom game question?

SkItZo1041

Not sure where to post this, I was thinking forge but it isn't really a question about forge, it's a question about settings for a custom game. Is there anyway to make it so that a person can ONLY die if he is stuck by a plasma grenade? Here's the backstory:

Friend and I were messing around on forge one day, then we all decided it was the right time to start betraying each other, like any other day. Then, we started acting like quarterbacks, and one person would run out, the QB would throw a plasma grenade, and the person would try to catch it (of course after we did, we'd scream touchdown and start some rant about football). But that sparked my interest in a gametype where you'd actually get points for getting stuck, basically points for "catching grenades."

Here's the gameplay: Slayer - One person spawns on a powerup that removes any sort of mobility, and is caged in (but still has room to throw plasma grenades). He spawns on and endless supply of plasmas as well. Anyone else spawns in a small, square room right out in front of the "Thrower." The thrower gets a point for sticking someone, and whoever gets stuck gets 2 points. 3 rounds, 2 minutes each round.

The flaw, obviously, is even after taking away all weapon damage and everything, a grenade that is on the ground still kills anyone standing on top of it. So again, is there anyway that we could make it so that a person could only die if stuck by a plasma? It's actually really fun if it could work, because people would have sprint, roll, and jetpack trying to catch the grenades in mid-air, or running after them. If someone has a solution, that would be greatly appreciated!

You see, people, this is why I love Halo Custom Edition. Being able to act like a devloper and modifying any part of the game's core can fine tune it to anyone's preference. If we were to have those mod Tools instead of Forge, then everyone would be happy with being able to change everything..

On the other side, people won't be willing to learn something like that, and since I don't have Reach, I'm not really sure how to answer this.. I gave my two cents on the idea, anyway....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...