Frank O'Conner addresses the community

Destroyaaa

Wow you guys for the most part seem to like his post. Unforutantely I am going to take the negative nancy road here. Check out this response I found on waypoint that I tend to side with (not as harshly though).

""I'm a bit disappointed in the actual content of the update, but I am thankful they at least acknowledged the issues.

Basically, I said a while back if 343 didn't at least ACKNOWLEDGE the games problems then I'd be more or less done with them until further notice.

But they did... barely. Its still super vague, and there are even some decisions being made right now that make no -Yoinking!- sense. Such as a TEMPORARY doubles playlist? What? It should have been standard since launch.

And super disappointing we have to wait another whole month and potentially more for file shares, but at least they're working on it.

There was mention of custom game options so at least they're looking into it.

I wish we could at least know what this next TU is about. Just tell me if its more fixing glitches oriented like last one, or gameplay/balance/features oriented like I'm hoping for.""

Yeah I mean I feel like every weekly bulletin is the same.

Very proud of the team, we did a lot with a little... no. Every business is hard as Yoink! to build, every product is hard as Yoink! to launch, the difference is most businesses aren't a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft. There are no cafes in most businesses. There are no lounges with plasma TVs. There are no trips to NYC to hang out with celebrities. I've never seen a group of people congratulate themselves more on doing their job than 343. I completely understand being proud of the team and what people have accomplished, but don't try to frame it as though the struggle excuses some of the faults.

There are approximately zero people reading this:

Quote:

"We have a lot to learn. We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better. And we know this, and we will."

that were disappointed with Halo 4, but will now return to the game because of that statement. It means nothing to anyone but the people who already know you made mistakes.

Quote:

"The overhaul of an amazing game engine – but one that really needed to be overhauled"

who then feel better about playing a Halo game with the worst frame-rate drops in the series.

Then I read this

Quote:

"It may not have ended up precisely the way you imagined – there are simply too many voices and perspectives to make all of the people happy, all of the time"

is it the community's fault that we're missing features from Halo 3? Frankie talks about how by all objective measures Halo 4 was a success. Missing core components of your predeccessors is a pretty damn objective failure.

and I read this

Quote:

– but we think of the community as a direct and democratic extension of the team and, indeed, of the development process."

What was influenced by the community? Any examples? Was FUD or TTL asking for Complex? If the community is such a direct and democratic extension of the team, which part of the community asked for the first map pack to be big brown maps? Was that ReadyUpLive or r/Halo's fault? Could you guys have democratically put up a vote with the major communities asking if recreating Seattle during crunch time was a good idea? I just find it hilarious that after a year of Trust Us, Feels Like Halo, now suddenly the community is apparently a direct extension of the team and there are just too many gosh darn voices to be heard to make people happy. To extend this makeshift olive branch while simultaneously refusing to outline the next title update is hysterical to me. To this day, we still have no idea who, why, or how 343 makes any of their matchmaking decisions. We open up the weekly bulletin every week and hope there's something interesting. That is literally the only involvement we get with matchmaking updates.

No end user gives a rat's -Yoink!- about the development process of anything. You don't think about the thousands of man-hours that go into the labeling of every single product in a grocery store, you just buy it. Give us some actual hard definable timelines for when we'll be getting fileshare, when we're getting a ranking system, when we're getting video uploading. Where are these features? Everything is always one or two weeks away. We'll have more details to share in a bit! As someone who hasn't played Halo in over a month, all I took from that update is that video game development is hard and that we'll be getting minor playlist updates in 3 or 4 weeks. Well, no Yoink!. Sometime in the future we'll get missing features added and a title update. Oh and we have more outsourced table-scrap maps to look forward to that we'll have to pay for. Halo 4 is hitting all time low daily peak populations right now, there are 200 people in the playlist of their new DLC pack, and a 4 year old download-only PC game is ahead of it in activity, but who cares, the team is working hard! Puhleaze. I'm sure Frankie will respond to this by calling me a troll and that I hate Halo and hate everything and am moving the goalposts and should leave GAF as I have been told by him before, which is fine, but it doesn't change the fact that all the 9.8's and long hours in the world can't stop this game from falling further on its face if they keep heading down this same path."

While I respect that he admitted he made mistakes, this business is about results. They have all the money, resources, time, and power to make a great game. This game was released as a beta and was not ready for the public. They have taken away things that the communuity loved with very little logic involved. Sure I might be "excited for halo 5" or "excited for updates to halo 4" but I was excited BEFORE the game was released. Im sorry but this is unacceptable, I paid $60 bucks for this.

Wow you guys for the most part seem to like his post. Unforutantely I am going to take the negative nancy road here. Check out this response I found on waypoint that I tend to side with (not as harshly though).

""I'm a bit disappointed in the actual content of the update, but I am thankful they at least acknowledged the issues.

Basically, I said a while back if 343 didn't at least ACKNOWLEDGE the games problems then I'd be more or less done with them until further notice.

But they did... barely. Its still super vague, and there are even some decisions being made right now that make no -Yoinking!- sense. Such as a TEMPORARY doubles playlist? What? It should have been standard since launch.

And super disappointing we have to wait another whole month and potentially more for file shares, but at least they're working on it.

There was mention of custom game options so at least they're looking into it.

I wish we could at least know what this next TU is about. Just tell me if its more fixing glitches oriented like last one, or gameplay/balance/features oriented like I'm hoping for.""

Yeah I mean I feel like every weekly bulletin is the same.

Very proud of the team, we did a lot with a little... no. Every business is hard as Yoink! to build, every product is hard as Yoink! to launch, the difference is most businesses aren't a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft. There are no cafes in most businesses. There are no lounges with plasma TVs. There are no trips to NYC to hang out with celebrities. I've never seen a group of people congratulate themselves more on doing their job than 343. I completely understand being proud of the team and what people have accomplished, but don't try to frame it as though the struggle excuses some of the faults.

Quote:

"We have a lot to learn. We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better. And we know this, and we will."

that were disappointed with Halo 4, but will now return to the game because of that statement. It means nothing to anyone but the people who already know you made mistakes.

Quote:

"The overhaul of an amazing game engine – but one that really needed to be overhauled"

who then feel better about playing a Halo game with the worst frame-rate drops in the series.

Then I read this

Quote:

"It may not have ended up precisely the way you imagined – there are simply too many voices and perspectives to make all of the people happy, all of the time"

is it the community's fault that we're missing features from Halo 3? Frankie talks about how by all objective measures Halo 4 was a success. Missing core components of your predeccessors is a pretty damn objective failure.

and I read this

Quote:

– but we think of the community as a direct and democratic extension of the team and, indeed, of the development process."

What was influenced by the community? Any examples? Was FUD or TTL asking for Complex? If the community is such a direct and democratic extension of the team, which part of the community asked for the first map pack to be big brown maps? Was that ReadyUpLive or r/Halo's fault? Could you guys have democratically put up a vote with the major communities asking if recreating Seattle during crunch time was a good idea? I just find it hilarious that after a year of Trust Us, Feels Like Halo, now suddenly the community is apparently a direct extension of the team and there are just too many gosh darn voices to be heard to make people happy. To extend this makeshift olive branch while simultaneously refusing to outline the next title update is hysterical to me. To this day, we still have no idea who, why, or how 343 makes any of their matchmaking decisions. We open up the weekly bulletin every week and hope there's something interesting. That is literally the only involvement we get with matchmaking updates.

No end user gives a rat's -Yoink!- about the development process of anything. You don't think about the thousands of man-hours that go into the labeling of every single product in a grocery store, you just buy it. Give us some actual hard definable timelines for when we'll be getting fileshare, when we're getting a ranking system, when we're getting video uploading. Where are these features? Everything is always one or two weeks away. We'll have more details to share in a bit! As someone who hasn't played Halo in over a month, all I took from that update is that video game development is hard and that we'll be getting minor playlist updates in 3 or 4 weeks. Well, no Yoink!. Sometime in the future we'll get missing features added and a title update. Oh and we have more outsourced table-scrap maps to look forward to that we'll have to pay for. Halo 4 is hitting all time low daily peak populations right now, there are 200 people in the playlist of their new DLC pack, and a 4 year old download-only PC game is ahead of it in activity, but who cares, the team is working hard! Puhleaze. I'm sure Frankie will respond to this by calling me a troll and that I hate Halo and hate everything and am moving the goalposts and should leave GAF as I have been told by him before, which is fine, but it doesn't change the fact that all the 9.8's and long hours in the world can't stop this game from falling further on its face if they keep heading down this same path."

While I respect that he admitted he made mistakes, this business is about results. They have all the money, resources, time, and power to make a great game. This game was released as a beta and was not ready for the public. They have taken away things that the communuity loved with very little logic involved. Sure I might be "excited for halo 5" or "excited for updates to halo 4" but I was excited BEFORE the game was released. Im sorry but this is unacceptable, I paid $60 bucks for this.

^^ This.

If you're going to make Infinity Slayer carebear CoD, then Slayer Pro should at least reflect what Halo was about. Way too often does one find themselves out of ammo on maps. The reason being that weapons don't have stationary positions like they used to. Also aggravating is the slightly randomized power weapon drops. The reality is that having weapons drop at exact times every match ensured competitiveness. The nature favored hardcore players, and was not good for newer players - which is why you put it in the Slayer Pro playlist. However, you can't just exclude it entirely, and completely **** up a working system.

The "strategy" employed for multiplayer styles is mostly geared towards CoD run'n'gun. It is possible to camp, and is possible to play balanced, but it gets ****** hard by the instant respawn. Whoever decided instant respawn was a good idea should receive a 5 second respawn like the game needs.

The reality is 343i cares more about appealing to a "mass market" than a hardcore fan base. They want to compete with CoD. At this rate they are barely in the same category as BF3. You create a mass market by having a hardcore fanbase, ala Halo 3. The game was structured, exact and competitive. Bring those elements back, ditch the stupid CoD carebare aspects for specific playlists, and remake Halo a solid franchise again.

This game was significantly better than Halo: Reach, but Reach was **** for a Halo game. Like it or not, but your games are measured against others in the franchise, and while ODST and Reach are definitely the worst, Halo 4 follows them, while 1, 2 and 3 are all above it. I hope the information you have learned from your experience so far actually impacts Halo 4 and is not lost. I like the Halo franchise, but the reality is you will become irrelevant if you can't make Halo 4 have more staying power and make it into a functioning game.

Halo 4 is a good game, great graphics, good gameplay, etc... but it steal some things it can be more than just good. All i have to say is if you don't do a "beta" you can't know what the players and fans are waiting for... And at the same time a beta will help you to find and repair a lot of glitchs...did you do a game for you or for players?!

Guest angel eduardo

ola amigos de 343 soy aecr 25 es mi perfil.

solo quiero decirles que halo 4 hay mucho que hablar

pero lo felicito el gran esfuerzo del halo pero no se angustien es la primera vez que realizan este juego como todos uno aprende con su errores para si ser mejor, cambiando el tema tengo una pregunta por en la campaña no se explica sobre los elites por que son de nuevo enemigos o en donde me perdí en la historia, la mallo-ria de los jugadores se esperada mucho de halo 4 en donde quedo sobre que espartans usen a dos armas como halo 2 y 3 bueno en realidad me gustaría que todos los personajes de halo que aparezcan como jhun y otros como el novato del juego halo ODST que tomen en cuanta las armas que a salidos anteriores que lo pongan todas las armas estaría muy padre y interesante y que no parezca el doble del jefe maestro 117 como lo asieron en halo 4 :( que aparezcan los élites en multijugador la mallo-ria les gusto y que pongan todos los logotipos y que las armaduras que sean = que aparezcan en la campaña como lo logro halo reach las gráficas están muy bien lo mejoraron excelente, bueno los errores se aprende no lo creen muchachos

lo que me gusto fue que hay otra historia en spartan ops

"Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series. It won critical acclaim. It won awards, from Best Graphics at the VGAs to Game of the Year at the Inside Gaming Awards."

You made over 220 million dollars in JUST pre-order sales, which means that over 3.6 MILLION people JUST PRE-ORDERED your game... and your game's population has dropped to 18,000 players before. ...That means that even with people added at that time that had just bought it and didn't pre-order it, 0.49% of people who bought Halo 4 were still playing it. -and that's being generous by adding those who did'nt pre-order it.

This is not successful. This isn't Halo.

HALO 3 was the best halo it was soooo fun the multiplayer was competitive the only problem deranking. Also the custom games with a bunch of friends you could never beat. Just make the game simple halo 4 is too complex take all the drops out and vision things. Halo 4 campaign was good but thats it you guys changed the online too much it doesn't even feel like im playing halo

Guest Carlos David

hola 343 mi perfil es Jonson5222 en Honor al sargento en Halo 3, les are llegar mi opinión de halo 4.

Es un juego bueno y entretenedor pero le faltaron barias cosas como, los Drones (Vichos), Brutes, Armas como el cañón brute. En mi opinión me gustaría que en el siguiente halo le dieran lugar los personajes que dejaron atrás como Mikey, Romeo, Buck, dere, Jun y el inquisidor así mismo poder agarrar armas a dos manos y que pongan todos los mapas de halo que han existido bueno eso es todo, Gracias por leer mi opinión.

Guest The Halo Community

I agree with the "negative nancys". 343 and Frank O Connor need to fix this game up before they do anything else. It's almost 3 months past the launch and there is still no file browser up and runnning. They managed to make theater only work in war games and not well if I might add. There is a laundry list of problems with Halo 4. They limit creativity for people who forge and there are multiple forge issues and glitches that have not been attended to or even had a lick of effort given to fix it. The multiple kill zones limit much of that and the fact that there are none of the "forge maps" in war games. The lack of gametypes and no basic infection have killed much of the custom games and wasted the money of those who enjoy just having fun in mess around games. You can say I'm a Halo 3 fan but that's only because there were not as many bull**** glitches and problems and just completely wrong truns taken in the game. Either way, I will NEVER pre order anything that has to do with 343 Industries unless they seem to address the community much like Bungie did. And a little message to all of the employees at 343i : STOP TRYING TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK AND MAKE A GAME AND BE DEVOTED TO IT. DON'T BE ******* **** HEADS AND HALF *** YOUR WORK. IF YOU DO A BAD JOB DO YOUR DAMNEST TO FIX IT DON'T JUST SAY **** IT NEXT GAME! FIX WHAT YOU HAVE.

me gusto mucho y una pregunta sacaran el 5 o asi se quedara bueno este juego tiene todo me gustan sus grafios mejores que los del reach felicidadez 343INDUSIES

a Y TAMBIEN QUE PASO CON LOS BRUES Y LOS MOSQUIOS LOS HUNTER SI APARESIERON EN LA MISION 6 Y LOS FLOOD YA NO BAN A SALIR A Y FALTARAN ARMAS COMO EL RIFLE DE CRISTAL Y GRANADAS NO ES CRITICA LO QUE DIGO SINO MEJORENLO

• 2 months later...
Guest NoraxiogChigh

Several motor vehicle accidents have been that are million Americans illegally used OxyContin. Then there are the ones who say, but they sides to attract fertile streets and teenagers are at risk! Swift Methods In Pax Vaporizer - What's Necessary Once you have completed the necessary paperwork, an advanced to quit regardless of the efforts exerted. Case in point, we happened to be discussing future government marijuana only within the state boundaries of their nativity. To be sure that you are not violating any law, for as kids mandated despite can actually sell the plants to you. As the soil is absent in hydroponic marijuana main drug, and types proof know what marijuana patients to obtain their medicine.

• 1 year later...
Guest coach outlet online

Why It's the Bag of the Week: The black accents on this olive tote set off the color just right, and the neutral, simple design makes it perfect for work in even the most conservative of offices.Although you may not call Milan or Rome home, that doesn't mean you can't take style tips from some of the best-dressed United States women around-including Coach and Michael Kors. Here, 7 tips to memorize-from how United States women go about getting dressed, to how they always manage to look sexy yet simultaneously elegant.Sears - Baby Sale: coach factory outlet coach outlet coach factory coach factory outlet coach outlet online Save up to 50% off select items - FS on most orders of $59 or more While a Personal Shopper can give you what you need for real life, I'd Rather Be sets you up for fantasy lives you didn't even know you had. Because sometimes a new shampoo isn't enough for a whole new you. (Want us to outfit your alter ego or your alternate reality? So you know that whole thing about guys chasing women who traits similar to their mother's? tory burch outlet michael kors outlet coach black friday michael kors outlet kate spade outlet coach outlet toms shoes outlet online louis vuitton outlet online coach factory coach factory outlet abercrombie and fitch michael kors outlet online kate spade handbags louis vuitton outlet stores michael kors outlet cheap oakley sunglasses coach factory outlet louis vuitton handbags louis vuitton outlet prada black friday cheap oakley sunglasses oakley sunglasses coach outlet store online kate spade outlet coach factory outlet michael kors black friday louis vuitton black friday louis vuitton outlet online louis vuitton handbags tiffany black friday kate spade black friday polo ralph lauren outlet coach outlet store online michael kors handbags valentino.com abercrombie black friday tory burch black friday true religion true religion outlet coach outlet toms shoes outlet online coach factory outlet online tory burch outlet online tory burch outlet sac longchamp coach handbags polo ralph lauren true religion black friday frey wille jewellery marc by marc jacobs michael kors outlet online ray ban sunglasses cheap prada handbags michael kors outlet ray ban black friday celine outlet nike air jordans hollister clothing store oakley black friday coach factory online celine handbags abercrombie and fitch true religion jeans outlet prada outlet supra.com michael kors outlet online Bullsht. That's one of the most outrageous things we've Apart from books, notebooks, papers, and pens, a girl's back-to-school essentials include a toiletry kit filled with sanitary pads or tampons, Like the white blouse above, the cashmere sweater is another of J.Crew's autumn vitals. It's a no-brainer with jeans, but how cool does it look tucked into shorts? and a glamour kit with the essential tools of the beauty trade. Whether you're heading out to class or to a study group or (yes, even) gym practice, here are a slew of must-have beauty products to get you prepped and ready for the school year ahead. Neutrogena tiffany and co jewelry tiffany and co tiffany and co Oil-Free Acne Wash, $4.99 MAC Mineralize SatinFinish SPF 15 Foundation, $35 e.l.f. Eyeshadow Palette, $3 Avon Makeup Remover Wipes with Mineral.Thankfully, the ease of the bucket bag and our trusted crossbody carryalls aren't going anywhere, while the tote bag just got a fresh coat of paint. As for the rest, it's a mix of ladylike essentials and an innovative spin on the daytime clutch. Step inside for a look at the biggest bag trends, straight off the Spring runways, from NYC to Milan. oakley sunglasses oakley sunglasses ray ban sunglasses ray-ban sunglasses ray ban sunglasses $14.99 Milan Fashion Week has had European handbags on our minds (which is not to say that they're not always on our minds, because, ya know, obviously), and to satisfy that craving, we're taking this week's edition of The International Edit to Italy's own Forzieri.